Login

russian armor

Sherman Smoke Barrage

15 Apr 2019, 20:04 PM

For all intents and purposes, I like the smoke the Sherman get. It is a useful tool offensively, and defensively it requires some micro, so that it isn't simply a get out of jail free card. The only issue I have is that it requires the tank to stop when it is activated. It just seems silly. Literally every other vehicle based smoke ability (At least to the best of my knowledge) doesn't have this issue, so why should the Sherman be different? Its just unnecessary micro added to an ability that already requires it.
15 Apr 2019, 20:07 PM

I may be misunderstanding what you mean, but the Sherman can move while using a smoke barrage. It'll stop when you issue the order, but if you then tell it to move again it won't cancel the barrage.
15 Apr 2019, 20:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2019, 20:07 PMLago
I may be misunderstanding what you mean, but the Sherman can move while using a smoke barrage. It'll stop when you issue the order, but if you then tell it to move again it won't cancel the barrage.

Thats what I have the issue with. It needs to stop when you give the order. I probably could have worded it better.
15 Apr 2019, 20:10 PM

Can't say for certain, but I think this is true of any special shot. The tank will try to move into range to fire it. If it's already in range, it stops.

The Cromwell's smoke shell is the same.
15 Apr 2019, 20:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2019, 20:10 PMLago
Can't say for certain, but I think this is true of any special shot. The tank will try to move into range to fire it. If it's already in range, it stops.

The Cromwell's smoke shell is the same.

Its one thing to be firing from the main gun, another thing to be firing from a launcher. A comparable ability is the Valentine smoke barrage, of which can fire without having to stop first
15 Apr 2019, 20:29 PM

I believe that in a video preview of the USF I saw back in 2014 the back then community manager Noun used the smoke barrage without the Sherman stopping and it was a big feature in the video.

Sadly for whatever reason it didn't translate over to the release of the WFA as much the other stuff didn't as well, for example I think I also noticed some guys sitting in front of the wheel guard on the WC51.
15 Apr 2019, 20:31 PM

Its one thing to be firing from the main gun, another thing to be firing from a launcher. A comparable ability is the Valentine smoke barrage, of which can fire without having to stop first

The Valentine doesn't stop when you issue it a smoke order?

In that case it's not an engine limitation and can be fixed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 28
unknown 26
Germany 730

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak