Login

russian armor

OKW against Brit emplacements

22 Jan 2019, 11:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2019, 10:34 AMKatitof

When an immobile, stationary platform of very limited range is wiping half of your army in moments, you are bad and are doing something horrendously wrong, regardless what you say, post a replay asap and beg for help.

No one with even a small embers of skill complains about bofors and recognizes uncontested superiority of AEC.

And guess what?
A long emplacement is DEAD if you don't baby sit it.
If you've lost more then 3 models to bofors, maybe you should consider to stop running into it and actually counter it from afar? ONE puppchen is enough for that. If you try to excuse yourself with "but brit armyyyyyyyy" well, that's baby sitting too, that's how the game works.

See difference is, bofors will bleed you around 75 to 100 mp ONCE, anything more is your fault, while sniper can easily bleed you 500-1000mp on 25-50 kills and you will get these kills, you will also be unable to counter well microed sniper before med armor arrives and if the player is cautios enough, only lucky rocket arty hit might do it.

We have seen a whole fucking LOT of 50-100 kill snipers over the time, I have yet to see ONE bofors with more then 20 and these 20 were against bads who just threw infantry at it because reasons.

Assuming you somehow managed to push it off the field first, which means assuming you got around all the infantry around protecting it with fausts/at nades and assuming it isn't late enough for opponent to have armor of its own to contest your LV dive.

Meanwhile, you need 1 puppchen attacking ground to completely shut down bofors and that puppchen is much safer as you can just retreat when it gets hot, cap the rest of the map brit isn't in with his very limited presence due to that bofors taking AEC place and REs having to sit there to repair it and allowing your 222/luchs to push of all brit infantry without even trying.

the joke is: stuveh did some days exactly this:
abuse cancer brits emplacments sim city to beat easy the best players.

and now u write here that anybody which lose more than 3 models to this shit must be braindumb and bad as a monkey.
Seems like you have no clue from brits because u played only 20 games with them....
22 Jan 2019, 17:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Some people should broaden up their horizons on gaming and be less "I MUST DEAL WITH THIS THING" immediately.

1- OKW is an aggressive faction in the early game. UKF is not aggressive unless you count LMG BC into it.
If you are not passive, you should know where UKF is playing around. Teching takes time. Building a RE takes time. Researching Bofors and building it takes resources and time.

2- Don't play with a static build order in mind. If you are playing on a small choke point map, against a UKF, as OKW, you might want to see how many units he is fielding and be ready for a possible tier switch if he goes full emplacement.

3- If all "went" wrong, you got Mech HQ, he managed to build the Bofor, you still have options. Either go for P2 and aggressively play around it, including base raping.

4- Failing to do so, you can always play passively at this point. Fighting outside of Bofor/mortar range and waiting for late tech to arrive. VPs are a resource and you don't win "more" by going 500-0 or 1-0.
23 Jan 2019, 07:32 AM

Some people should broaden up their horizons on gaming and be less "I MUST DEAL WITH THIS THING" immediately.

1- OKW is an aggressive faction in the early game. UKF is not aggressive unless you count LMG BC into it.
If you are not passive, you should know where UKF is playing around. Teching takes time. Building a RE takes time. Researching Bofors and building it takes resources and time.

2- Don't play with a static build order in mind. If you are playing on a small choke point map, against a UKF, as OKW, you might want to see how many units he is fielding and be ready for a possible tier switch if he goes full emplacement.

3- If all "went" wrong, you got Mech HQ, he managed to build the Bofor, you still have options. Either go for P2 and aggressively play around it, including base raping.

4- Failing to do so, you can always play passively at this point. Fighting outside of Bofor/mortar range and waiting for late tech to arrive. VPs are a resource and you don't win "more" by going 500-0 or 1-0.

problems i see here are:

- UKF has very good defensive abitlys (like ost) > can hold the groud where he want to set up bofors

- bofors can come out with right doc in under 6min...which means you have no long time to prepare for it

- once it set up ...and of course ..no one set it up at unimportant area...he set it up near VP fuel > it is save from now

- brit player can expand from this point without to ave big fear to lose ground near bofors

- base raping sound good in 1v1...doesnt work in teamgames AND new UKF mines AND AT nades say hello to your baseraping

- the point is: this effective emplacment cost to less. one bofors doesnt deny early you to bring out fast armor...yes it cost some fuel...but every minute the brit player can hold the fuel BECAUSE of the bofors...its a win for the eraly first tank...he can easily safe his own fuel...while cap the enemy fuel

and again: look stuvehs games where he beat the best player with sim city cancer.

23 Jan 2019, 19:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Isn't Stuveh "the best" player since he won the last recent 2v2 tournament? How many times did we see full simcity build been used during it? Or on any of the previous 1v1 tournaments.

We have seen plenty of times best players or unorthodox players using non meta units and been successful with them. Success doesn't mean overpowereness. And beating good players ONCE in automatch means little to nothing is no one is tryharding for it.

OP is asking for solutions to his problem. You are just coming with: "What if" and whining.

-UKF has very good defensive abitlys (like ost) > can hold the groud where he want to set up bofors

He still needs to set up at least 2 or more units to protect it while building. The builder and an IS/MG. You have numbers advantage. Even if he manages to build it, you have the whole map in 1v1 to fight around it.

- bofors can come out with right doc in under 6min...which means you have no long time to prepare for it

The game starts in the loading screen. If you know the map is good for emplacements and he has cancer commander, you should prepare for it. Even if it comes early and locks down the map, it means you just have to wait for the game to go to the late game before been able to tackle it down. Just like the sniper thread, yeah it's annoying, but it is what it is.

-brit player can expand from this point without to ave big fear to lose ground near bofors

- base raping sound good in 1v1...doesnt work in teamgames AND new UKF mines AND AT nades say hello to your baseraping

- the point is: this effective emplacment cost to less. one bofors doesnt deny early you to bring out fast armor...yes it cost some fuel...but every minute the brit player can hold the fuel BECAUSE of the bofors...its a win for the eraly first tank...he can easily safe his own fuel...while cap the enemy fuel

Losing ground =/= losing the game. If he is gonna go for more than 1 bofors, i don't see how you can't just back tech to Medic HQ. If he goes full yolo with mortar as well, then how the hell is he gonna "push" you around. Play "safe" till Flak HQ.

If it's freaking teamgames, why the hell you are both going Mech HQ against UKF. As OP said, he has no issues with OH.

Please, don't project YOUR problems into other players. If the whole small pro community suddenly brings this as an issue, starts to spam it in every single tournament game, i might change my mind. But since the Cancer commander nerfs and the reduction to mortars emplacement AA, the power of the strat has gone down several places in tier.
Can it work from time to time. Of course, if it never work we should have to (please don't kill me) ask for buffs.

The biggest point is: can it be countered or not?

IB4: but it takes too much effort to counter it as oppose to use it.
TRUE.
BUT, the profit return on it has been dramatically decreased as say 2 years ago.
24 Jan 2019, 07:21 AM

Isn't Stuveh "the best" player since he won the last recent 2v2 tournament? How many times did we see full simcity build been used during it? Or on any of the previous 1v1 tournaments.

We have seen plenty of times best players or unorthodox players using non meta units and been successful with them. Success doesn't mean overpowereness. And beating good players ONCE in automatch means little to nothing is no one is tryharding for it.

OP is asking for solutions to his problem. You are just coming with: "What if" and whining.

He still needs to set up at least 2 or more units to protect it while building. The builder and an IS/MG. You have numbers advantage. Even if he manages to build it, you have the whole map in 1v1 to fight around it.

The game starts in the loading screen. If you know the map is good for emplacements and he has cancer commander, you should prepare for it. Even if it comes early and locks down the map, it means you just have to wait for the game to go to the late game before been able to tackle it down. Just like the sniper thread, yeah it's annoying, but it is what it is.

Losing ground =/= losing the game. If he is gonna go for more than 1 bofors, i don't see how you can't just back tech to Medic HQ. If he goes full yolo with mortar as well, then how the hell is he gonna "push" you around. Play "safe" till Flak HQ.

If it's freaking teamgames, why the hell you are both going Mech HQ against UKF. As OP said, he has no issues with OH.

Please, don't project YOUR problems into other players. If the whole small pro community suddenly brings this as an issue, starts to spam it in every single tournament game, i might change my mind. But since the Cancer commander nerfs and the reduction to mortars emplacement AA, the power of the strat has gone down several places in tier.
Can it work from time to time. Of course, if it never work we should have to (please don't kill me) ask for buffs.

The biggest point is: can it be countered or not?

IB4: but it takes too much effort to counter it as oppose to use it.
TRUE.
BUT, the profit return on it has been dramatically decreased as say 2 years ago.

I dont remember the enemy from cpt spears....but wasnt it luvnest which lost because of a cancer bofors in front of his base and a wolfpack from valentine in super cheese way?

valentine has the eraly power to push you back and bofors safe the ground... didnt u see this? THis isnt "my problem"...many players here has discuss this many time: bofors is to strong for the cost.

once more: tell us a super cheap 30 fuel unit which can hold the ground like a bofors. what do u get for this price? a 222. which will be push back by a single squad with one handheld AT easily.

a flak emplacment which cost nearly the same AND is only avialble in some docs from okw..cost nearly the same but isnt nearly on the same lvl from bofors. one bofors can better hold the ground than 2-3 flak emplacement.
24 Jan 2019, 11:56 AM

As OKW i tried using a p4 to deal with one, p4 actually starts to lose a 1v1 against a bofors, but this is without support and im sure i could probs outrange it too so its just an interesting thing to consider. I'm trying keep away from the balance of it, because with this game you just have to accept the way things are. But i do agree that Bofors does outperform its cost, halfing its dmg would still make it viable for instance.

Its an interesting discussion but to get back to the original point i think okw need a change so that they aren't completely fucked if they go tier 2 against a bofors. A slight range increase on the raketen or maybe allowed lefhs to be made in the normal base? << they're just off the top of my head and i dont doubt would be very strong so take that with a pinch of salt.

Thankyou for all your suggestions though guys, keep it coming.
24 Jan 2019, 12:07 PM

a flak emplacment which cost nearly the same AND is only avialble in some docs from okw..cost nearly the same but isnt nearly on the same lvl from bofors. one bofors can better hold the ground than 2-3 flak emplacement.

I'd rather have OKW Flaks than the Bofors.

The problem UKF emplacements have is they're such a high investment.

Bunkers and Flaks are much better designed: they don't cost much to set up, they're quite easy to destroy, but they force the enemy to send sufficient forces to knock the bunker out.

Static defences are meant to slow the enemy so the army can respond, not to be an army unto themselves. The emplacements that fit this model (flaks, bunkers, et cetera) are useful but not frustating. The Bofors does not.
24 Jan 2019, 13:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2019, 12:07 PMLago

I'd rather have OKW Flaks than the Bofors.

The problem UKF emplacements have is they're such a high investment.

Bunkers and Flaks are much better designed: they don't cost much to set up, they're quite easy to destroy, but they force the enemy to send sufficient forces to knock the bunker out.

Static defences are meant to slow the enemy so the army can respond, not to be an army unto themselves. The emplacements that fit this model (flaks, bunkers, et cetera) are useful but not frustating. The Bofors does not.

Although i get that its a unique thing about the brits, i agree with this point. Making the emplacements more like that but cheaper would help alot with how annoying they are. Regardless of whether people think they're strong or not, it slows down the pace of a game making it boring and frustrating. It was a foolish addition imo.
24 Jan 2019, 14:57 PM

For the majority of players (compstompers) it's great. You set up a self-sustaining SimCity and the AI can't figure it out.

Sucks for the competitive community, but they've solved that by making them very cost inefficient without instarepair assemblies.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 60

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight