Login

russian armor

Multiplayer # of players searching display

27 Sep 2013, 15:31 PM

And really - don't give us the "well that option currently exists....." - out of interest - how many NEW players have people met IN GAME on COH2 and added to their friends list?

I can tell you mine is ZERO.

Once a game is over - most people just go look for the next match or shutdown - they don't hang about to chat - and that's the problem, unless A LOT of your friends are RTS types, you'll often have no use for the custom system in place.

While I sort of agree with your basic points, I've got 6 or 7 steam friends from it, one of whom I play 2v2s with semi-regularly.
28 Sep 2013, 03:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2013, 15:29 PMUmbert

Two. But I see them rarely because of diffrent work hours/time-zones. An ingame Lobby to meet people would go a long way to meet people before a match, to set up games under the conditions every one agrees to and wants to play with.

Can't this be done within the steam overlay? Creating offical lobby groups for the game and using the Steam chat/groupchat to invite join-game and all the other functions steam already provides?

Yes, it can be done. Some people do this already

Most people don't have enough friends or don't want to go through trouble so they just quit playing..
28 Sep 2013, 04:12 AM

I like this new system much better, always found the number of players searching to be misleading.
28 Sep 2013, 04:52 AM

I like this new system much better, always found the number of players searching to be misleading.

Great for you, Personally it makes me not wanna play. Usually I search for games by picking faction that has more chance to get game.

For me it wasn't missleading, it was helpful to get game faster.....
Its hard for me to even understand what people found misleading about it, it was quite simple. This many people are looking for game as this faction, and this many as other. total number of people searching for game atm is this many.
28 Sep 2013, 05:06 AM

Permanently Banned

This.

Many people of somewhat limited mental means drew all kinds of tinfoil-hat conclusions from the numbers that essentially meant absolutely nothing and proved absolutely nothing.

I swear these people probably thought the art blips on the radar also meant something...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★