Login

russian armor

Mechanized Assault big impact early game?

25 Sep 2013, 22:45 PM

So I imagine 2v2s are already Assgren and .222 Scout car spam in the early game?
Even for 1v1, it's becoming build order poker from the sound of it with Ostheer able to dictate what the Soviet has to build.
25 Sep 2013, 22:51 PM

So I imagine 2v2s are already Assgren and .222 Scout car spam in the early game?
Even for 1v1, it's becoming build order poker from the sound of it with Ostheer able to dictate what the Soviet has to build.

It's actually a bit more manegable in 2v2 since you can work with your teammate and building a building right off the bat is more acceptible. It's 1v1 where starting with 3 assgrens and teching straight to T2 is impossible to defeat.
25 Sep 2013, 23:14 PM

Assault Grens are ridiculous. Make them 1 CP = everything is fixed
25 Sep 2013, 23:22 PM

these fuckers do seem broken as hell right now, if all they do is force early tech. That shrinks russian options, and isn't good. I definitely haven't been able to fast tech to t70...meaning I get it out at a late 8 minute mark, and I haven't been able to harass the enemy's fuel at all, so p4 is always around the corner...that or he just builds a few pgrens for the anti-tank. he's already got assault grens for anti infantry.

I don't think they should make these guys 1 cp though...then whats the point really.
They'll be fairly boring if that's the change. They should be more expensive though...like 350 for the early game advantage they give, which should mitigate that some. They are immediate units as is, popping on the field faster than the weaker conscripts. The cost increase might at least reduce the number on the field and the speed at which number 2 gets there.

25 Sep 2013, 23:52 PM

I would really prefer to see these guys as 1 cp unit that you would use to supplement your standard build, sort of like guards or shocks do for the soviets.

The problem with that is what role are they gonna fill that pgrens dont?

I'm not going to spend 60 muns on a super nade ability that is easily defeated.

The cost of the ag nades should scale with the size of the squad since casualties remove the number of nades thrown = to casualties.

The assault nades do not refund muns if you cancel as well.
26 Sep 2013, 00:04 AM

Permanently Banned
If they nerf, for example, make CP1, sales will drop.

26 Sep 2013, 02:06 AM

Just when the game is was starting to feel balanced, these come along.

0 CP is the biggest problem with them really. There are simply no counters to them that you don't have to tech for. So you are stuck hiding in buildings until you get a molotov.

And then if you do chase them off, you have the armor cars which you are not ready for moving in...ugh
26 Sep 2013, 03:06 AM

Maybe they can make the cool down longer. It wouldn't be that bad if there was only one of them.
26 Sep 2013, 03:16 AM

I just play with them and against them. They are no big deal. One conscript can kill one if he stay at range and kite them.They got no pzfaust so clown car + flamer rape them. Try it before complaining.
26 Sep 2013, 03:31 AM
Benefactor 115

I just play with them and against them. They are no big deal. One conscript can kill one if he stay at range and kite them.They got no pzfaust so clown car + flamer rape them. Try it before complaining.

I'm on a +8 streak using 3 AG > 2 SC, and most games were vs aware soviets going flamer m3.
There's no such thing as "kiting" for conscripts, the grens don't have to run after them, just cap and go elsewhere, same thing with garrisoning building, just go somewhere else and trash them when they get out to uncap.
only one guy made Maxims, which got flanked pretty easily
26 Sep 2013, 04:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 03:31 AMtuvok

I'm on a +8 streak using 3 AG > 2 SC, and most games were vs aware soviets going flamer m3.
There's no such thing as "kiting" for conscripts, the grens don't have to run after them, just cap and go elsewhere, same thing with garrisoning building, just go somewhere else and trash them when they get out to uncap.
only one guy made Maxims, which got flanked pretty easily

I think I played you twice tonight. What you speak is true. The AGrens and Scout cars dominate.

Conscripts with a molotov and good cover/position can hold the AGrens off. Very situational though.

Basically the Germans force a mass retreat and the soviet have to tech early which means you get map control. M3 will counter the AGrens, but of course with the Scout car backing up the AGrens, the Soviet is going to have to come up with another counter to handle that.

The other problem with Tier 1 is that you need 60 munis for the flamers. If you can't hold the muni points, you are going to pushed back pretty far before you can get enough. Seems like that is going to be the go to strat for AGrens. Cap the muni points, build Scout cars and gg.

However, in the end, I can't think of anything besides T1 to beat the AGrens. If you use Guards to keep the scout cars away it could work. It is going to take some excellent execution though.

I haven't tried it, but Tier 2 seems simply too immobile and costly.

26 Sep 2013, 06:22 AM

I agree with most comments, this needs to be a 1cp unit. That being said it might lose its value because it's mainly useful in the first 5 minutes or so of the game.
26 Sep 2013, 06:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 06:22 AMAbdul
I agree with most comments, this needs to be a 1cp unit. That being said it might lose its value because it's mainly useful in the first 5 minutes or so of the game.

I would argue that it's completely fine as a normal T2 unit. It's pretty cost effective to reinforce (cheaper than a normal gren per man).
26 Sep 2013, 06:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 06:26 AMlink0

I would argue that it's completely fine as a normal T2 unit. It's pretty cost effective to reinforce (cheaper than a normal gren per man).

It cost 28mp to reinforce, right? What are the stats for this unit (health, dps, etc)?
26 Sep 2013, 12:20 PM

Unlike many, I am just an average dude playing COH to relax rather than to make it my life purpose - and yes, I find it idiotic to give one side a unit that turns the game upside down to then say "but you can defeat them with awesome micro and two mortars plus a flame car you must build if you dream to play for more than 3 minutes"

no, I don't want to L2P, yes I am a noob, yes I am tired of seeing the same remarks from germans whose army seems to be much more well balanced and FLEXIBLE to react to what soviets are doing.

soviets tiers are in general overly specialized, screw the power if a unit can do one trick only and your entire army goes down in flames as soon as the opponent clicks on a counter.

26 Sep 2013, 12:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 06:22 AMAbdul

The compromise: Make Them buildable from HQ. That will delay them for a few secs.
26 Sep 2013, 12:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 12:20 PMZiplon

soviets tiers are in general overly specialized, screw the power if a unit can do one trick only and your entire army goes down in flames as soon as the opponent clicks on a counter.

This is a fundamental design flaw in this game, where fast teching is highly rewarded, and it certainly makes the game very hard for new players.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 12:24 PMofield

The compromise: Make Them buildable from HQ. That will delay them for a few secs.

Really not enough, because it will delay only the first unit.
26 Sep 2013, 12:35 PM

Has anyone noticed that a ht loaded with PG can destroy an M3 very quickly if it gets close?
26 Sep 2013, 13:12 PM

This unit is only useful because it comes out early. By the time you have CP1, you don't need them. It helps the Germans take the fight to the Soviets instead of playing defensive early game all the time.

If there's going to be an increase in CPs, make them CP2, cost more and stronger than PanzerGrenadiers -- like Stormtroopers, so they actually serve a purpose.
26 Sep 2013, 13:13 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 12:35 PMAbdul
Has anyone noticed that a ht loaded with PG can destroy an M3 very quickly if it gets close?

All light vehicles are vulnerable to small arms.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★