Login

russian armor

Mechanized Assault big impact early game?

25 Sep 2013, 07:15 AM

I just had the chance to play against a player using Mechanized Assault Doctrine and thought the doctrine was very good. Maybe too good early game, especially that ppsh is not available until point 2 where as assault grenadiers at point 0.

What do you think is the best way counter this doctrine, and is this doctrine OP in its current setup?
25 Sep 2013, 07:40 AM

Sincerely love that they are listening to the community and trying to give germans call in units and Assault Grens are great!!! That being said I think that 1cp on Assault grens and 0cp for Ostruppen would be fine. The amount that 0cp accelerates the T-2 rush strat is pretty severe as instead of having capping power you have sever killing power and will get a scout car out the same time as his scout cars.
25 Sep 2013, 07:56 AM

Sincerely love that they are listening to the community and trying to give germans call in units and Assault Grens are great!!! That being said I think that 1cp on Assault grens and 0cp for Ostruppen would be fine. The amount that 0cp accelerates the T-2 rush strat is pretty severe as instead of having capping power you have sever killing power and will get a scout car out the same time as his scout cars.

yes, the guy I played against relied on ag only but if he were to combine that with t2, it would be very deadly, because now he dose not need to retreat engineers after capping, now he has ag to hold the ground after capping.
25 Sep 2013, 08:04 AM

Permanently Banned
25 Sep 2013, 08:15 AM

I was a bit worried about this. Having a CP0 unit that beats the conscripts seemed like a bad idea the moment I saw it, but I haven't actually incountered any players using them yet.

Everyone seems to be trying out the Ostruppen as well as getting a very painful lesson in just how crummy they are.
25 Sep 2013, 08:20 AM

Glad to see Ostruppen aren't able to severely disrupt the early game. I haven't seen either doctrine used yet and am interested to see how they play.

Dumb question: how do AGs stack up against like, Penal squads w/ flamers?
25 Sep 2013, 09:01 AM

I can't post the replay for some reason but I just played as Rus vs someone who was pretty good and used the Assault Grenadiers. I think I outmicroed him a bit but I was able to go 3 con --> molotov --> 4th con and then used the new doc with the cheapo AT gun to counter his PIV. He had more map control than me going into the mid game though.
25 Sep 2013, 09:13 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I love the new assault grens which enable German players to easily take the fight to the soviet player early game. However a wise Soviet player will get m3+flamers to counter this. In order for the German player to counter that they must then go t2 for upgunned scout cars. At which point the soviet player go either go at-nades or guards and so the old meta resumes. Lots of players see this new commander as overpowered however they just haven't realized what counters the assault grenaiders yet =P.
25 Sep 2013, 09:20 AM

I love the new assault grens which enable German players to easily take the fight to the soviet player early game. However a wise Soviet player will get m3+flamers to counter this. In order for the German player to counter that they must then go t2 for upgunned scout cars. At which point the soviet player go either go at-nades or guards and so the old meta resumes. Lots of players see this new commander as overpowered however they just haven't realized what counters the assault grenaiders yet =P.

The problem is that soviets usually start off with a couple of conscripts first. You can't really get the scout car out until the second engagement. Assault grens basically let's the Germans easily win the first engagement which is a pretty big head start. The only way to win the initial engagement would be to build T1 immediately, but you wouldn't even know that he has assault grens by then.
25 Sep 2013, 09:23 AM

The problem is that soviets usually start off with a couple of conscripts first. You can't really get the scout car out until the second engagement. Assault grens basically let's the Germans easily win the first engagement which is a pretty big head start. The only way to win the initial engagement would be to build T1 immediately, but you wouldn't even know that he has assault grens by then.

Not to mention that the entire commander has call ins that helps skip tiers, the German player will have the resource and tech advantage from beginning to end.
25 Sep 2013, 09:30 AM

I haven't played against them yet so this is only a theoretical but I would imagine that Scout car with Penals or Engineeres (both equipped with flamers) would hurt them a lot.
25 Sep 2013, 09:39 AM

Obviously we have to try this more, before we can conclude, but my concern is with the M3. It is so annoying to micro because by default it always moves to face enemies. It's counter on the other hand (222) is a pleasure to micro. It would be really nice if they could provide a disable firing function or stop perusing enemies function on the m3 so it doesn't keep moving on its own while being used with a flamer especially in a tight spots.
25 Sep 2013, 10:02 AM

I just played a guy using this doctrine and basically its P2W now. I saw 3 cons devastated to 2 of these "sturmtruppen" in no time. Won´t take long untill everyone´s using this. Why not pay 2.99 for a legal cheat?

Plz reconsider this relic!
25 Sep 2013, 10:07 AM

25 Sep 2013, 10:29 AM

Permanently Banned
soviets were crap before the patch but now? the german will get earlier p4 than ever
Good job Relic, the game is totally broken now.
25 Sep 2013, 10:32 AM

well, if german is spamming those grens so best counter to it it's clown car, so i suggest german players going t1, 3 grens and 1 assault grens, so your early AT is secured with panzerfausts
25 Sep 2013, 12:25 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Not necessarily. Soviet players could play smart and either stall in houses and keep at range from the mp40 grens. Closerange weapons like mp40s do terribly at long range and against houses. You also do not have to worry about the Assault Gren bundle nade ability at the start either as he doesn't have the munitions to get you out of the house.
25 Sep 2013, 12:29 PM

Hans, theres some maps which DO NOT have any buildings around key areas. I got pwnd on MINSK at my own fuel where theres absolutely no buildings around. even keeping the distance is hard, when theres 3 on 3 squads as they were flanking me in my yellow cover.
25 Sep 2013, 12:32 PM
Benefactor 115

yes or they could just stay at the base, they won't get any damage!
what am I supposed to cap with while cons stay at range or in houses?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
unknown 25
unknown 20
United Kingdom 84
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L