Login

russian armor

Schwerer-Wehrmachtsschlepper suggestion.

13 Jul 2018, 18:02 PM

Hello, so I had this idea a long time ago but recently someone also mentioned it, I think it was AEgion but I'm not so sure.

Anyhow, my suggestion is for the sWS to be able to transport and reinforce infantry in the field since it's basically a Halftrack, but of course it's ability to reinforce would be tied to tech somehow, perhaps with an upgrade in the HQ.

The reason for it is that because the OKW is the only Army that doctrinally cannot move or have more than 1 reinforcement point in the field.

The Ostheer have their command bunkers and 251 HT, the Soviets have their M3 Halftrack, the USF have their Ambulance and the UKF have their Forward Assembly, they can either be moved or can have more than one.

So because of the situation in which the OKW is in, as I have experienced it, once you setup your medical HQ and it's found by the enemy it's pretty easy for him to guess your units' retreat paths and even bomb the ever living shit out of it when you have your infantry around it to heal up and reinforce.

To that end how I imagine it would be like is that the sWS being able to reinforce will provide you with an additional option to reinforce in the field and still be mobile, healing will be done with the use of the Sturmpioneers' medical crates but you will of course not be able to retreat to it like with the medical HQ.

An upgrade will be added to the HQ allowing you to have 2 sWS Halftracks on the field at any given time until you build all of your HQs, after that you will only have access to 1 sWS. This upgrade will require the Mech or Schwerer Panzer HQ in order to research to keep things balanced.

This will also free up the Opel Blitz truck slot from the Feursturm doctrine and eliminate the need for any further mobile reinforcement calls in future or changes in the current doctrines while keeping things unique.

And lastly I think that it will be fairly balanced taking into account the slow speed and fragile nature of the sWS, plus only being able to have 1 on the field to reinforce from once you have all of your HQ researched means that it won't even require a pop cap and it would be pretty simple to do developer wise.

That's about it, just decided to make it's own topic here instead of writing it somewhere else.

Cheers.
13 Jul 2018, 20:18 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2017, 14:15 PMKasarov
So I've been thinking about the removal of FRPs, and here's my humble two cents:

It occurred to me that WFA as a general rule of thumb has no non-doctrinal reinforcement-providing troop transports like EFA does. I'm curious if this will be addressed as well?

Looking at OKW specifically, the 251 Walking Stuka is the easiest to retool. A marker_ext and some hold_ext edits would allow it to function similarly to the other open-topped halftracks. The Stuka's cost can be lowered and the rocket artillery functionality locked behind an upgrade that, depending on how testing plays out, may or may not take away its transportation and reinforcement abilities like CoH1. This would allow MechHQ to have forward reinforcement, too, opening up new venues of play. There are even voicelines for an OKW troop carrier in the files that can be heard on those rare occasions you capture an abandoned APC.

I haven't quite pieced together ideas for UKF and USF besides making their doctrinal halftracks non-doctrinal. I know for certain that the 251 Stuka as a troop transport functionally works.

In my mod the Stuka Zu Fuss was OKW's transport. It lets infantry fire out of the vehicle (with correct animations!), and that would probably be the better implementation.
13 Jul 2018, 20:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2018, 20:18 PMKasarov

In my mod the Stuka Zu Fuss was OKW's transport. It lets infantry fire out of the vehicle (with correct animations!), and that would probably be the better implementation.

I agree with you, I was even going to suggest removing the flak, Stuka and Owl HTs and adding the Ostheer 251 HT with the ability to upgrade to those variants in the mech HQ however since that would be a major design change so to speak and probably too radical for most of the community I decided to suggest this instead.

But I totally agree with you.

In fact I really love the concept of upgrading basic vehicles to have more functionality and them taking up less space in base buildings and doctrines, basic vehicles such as Halftracks and Tanks would have upgrades to other variants of the same vehicles both non-doctrinal and doctrinal but again, that would probably be too radical for some so I decided to not share my thoughts about it on here.
13 Jul 2018, 22:56 PM

I always felt it was a little odd that the OKW trucks had less functionality than Opposing Fronts British trucks. By which I mean the means to pack up and relocate.

But your idea I think has some merit. I don't know about transporting units since it's a rather slow (and very fragile) unit, but the ability to reinforce might be interesting.
14 Jul 2018, 06:21 AM

I always felt it was a little odd that the OKW trucks had less functionality than Opposing Fronts British trucks. By which I mean the means to pack up and relocate.

But your idea I think has some merit. I don't know about transporting units since it's a rather slow (and very fragile) unit, but the ability to reinforce might be interesting.

The Transport function will act more like a surprise than anything else really.

Think of it like this, you purposely bait your enemy with a lone sWS and once he attacks it and boom, 2 squads come out.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 109

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight