Login

russian armor

Making Engineers build multiple overlapping entities

7 Jul 2018, 22:34 PM

I would like to use the 17 Pounder Pit (without netting) for the emplacement bunker of a 25 pounder. I have the 25 up and running, the engineers build it and it shoots and animates. Is there anyway I could get the engineers to build a 17 pounder pit but with my 25 pounder gun?

Right now, I have the engineers build a 25 pounder EBPS, which spawns the 25 pounder squad just like the other emplacements. I am attempting to make the 25 pounder squad consist of the pounder pit and the pounder itself, just like the 17 pounder does, but the pit explodes immidiately on construction. For testing, I have removed all requirements on all entities related to this to rule that out.

Is this even possible? I would much prefer a CoH 1 style emplacement than a CoH 2 bunkerless-artillery cannon.

For the record, I just clone the 17 Pounder files and copied what was needed to the make it a 25. It does work.
8 Jul 2018, 15:59 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The 17 pdr emplacement doesn't have a state without net, but you can you the CoH 1 emplacement: "armies\common\structures\artillerypit\artillerypit".

The explosion can have several causes. Can you verify the following:
  • Your engineer build the pit.
  • In the pit: ebps/construction_ext/on_construction_squad refers to your sbps file
  • The squad: sbps/loadout_ext contains both the pit and the gun
8 Jul 2018, 19:59 PM

The 17 pdr emplacement doesn't have a state without net, but you can you the CoH 1 emplacement: "armies\common\structures\artillerypit\artillerypit".

The explosion can have several causes. Can you verify the following:
  • Your engineer build the pit.
  • In the pit: ebps/construction_ext/on_construction_squad refers to your sbps file
  • The squad: sbps/loadout_ext contains both the pit and the gun

It was because of the construction squad. Thank you. I am also going to try out that CoH 1 emplacement. Thank you!

As for what I am currently doing, after the construction I set the build state of the 17 to 0.6 and there is no netting. That actually worked well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★