Login

russian armor

Elo can't pick up on this, can it?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
30 Aug 2013, 08:34 AM

Permanently Banned
First you complain about text someone wrote online that hurt your feelings, then you threaten someone who mentions free speech with physical violence.

Are you Russian?
30 Aug 2013, 10:27 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

I don't understand what's the problem?

I am just trying to use freedom of speech like you were teaching me. I didn't even go as far as to be really nasty to you (I kind of had feeling little jab would be enough) ..

As far as I understood, me being a dickhead towards you isn't really an issue, whether you like it or not.

That it bothers you only reflects on you, as you elegantly put it.

Is second part of your lesson: it is ok to use freedom of speech unless it is being used on me. Then I have a real problem with it?

LOl

:bananadance:

30 Aug 2013, 12:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2013, 08:34 AMNullist
First you complain about text someone wrote online that hurt your feelings, then you threaten someone who mentions free speech with physical violence.

Are you Russian?

Yeah, isn't it great. Thanx a million Nullist, I feel liberated now. I can swear at you, threaten you, insult you, call you names and it doesn't matter at all. Because its not my fault you get upset. I have the right to say whatever I want with no consequences.
Thanks again, changed my life. I wish I met you before to teach me about freedom of speech!!!!

And no I am not Russian, if you look down where all those jumping smile faces are, it says I am from Australia

Are You Umpa Lumpa??? you must be

"umpa-lumpa:

a short bronze colored person with green hair possibly desendents of leprecons who knows a lot about the rights and wrong of a candy factory and are taught to spontainiosly break out with a funky fresh beat about those rights and wrongs"
30 Aug 2013, 12:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2013, 16:10 PMNullist

Actually, thats exactly what it does.

someone needs to read there local constitution alittle closer.
30 Aug 2013, 13:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2013, 12:50 PMWiFiDi

You think he learned anything from this?

At least I would stop coming back for more (I am starting to feel sorry for poor fellow)
30 Aug 2013, 14:19 PM

It's clear some people don't understand what freedom of speech is.

If I were to come up to you, dead serious, and say "I'm going to fucking murder you", in many states I'd be entitled to pull a gun and waste you because you threatened me. I didn't infringe on your rights because your speech was used to threaten me.

One cannot simply go into a theater and shout "Fire!" and claim it is freedom of speech.

If I were to say the N-word around a black person, and he assaulted me, not only would I be able to sue him I'd be able to press charges for assault. If I went directly to a black person and called him that word, he'd be unable to hit me. If I went up to him, leaned close, looked him in the eyes and said "You watch out, N-word", he'd then be able to beat the living shit into me because I threatened him.

Freedom of Speech includes the freedom to be an asshole. The entitlement to self defense includes the ability to attack someone when threatened verbally. They're not exclusive.

As with every right, there are limits. Threatening people, inciting panic or violence, or infringing on someone else's rights are not granted under freedom of speech(Or expression or assembly etc.)

Freedom of Assembly is getting together for a political function. Freedom of Assembly is not getting together a mob to lynch somebody.

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2013, 01:18 AMBlovski

Why is it that the freedom of speech argument gets applied almost exclusively to things that aren't worth saying....

Not meaning to start a big political argument here but you are aware that America's historical relationship with meaningful freedom of speech hasn't been a happy one.

What is and isn't worth saying is purely subjective. The point is that what someone believes doesn't infringe on somebody else's rights.

I don't know anything about "exclusively", one would think if you try to silence a "meaningful" statement the same arguments would be made. Which is the point, again, of FoS. That it protects everybody's rights to say whatever they like, especially if you disagree with it. With some exceptions, obviously.
30 Aug 2013, 14:58 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2013, 12:50 PMWiFiDi

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from responsibility for what you say.
Nor have I ever claimed it has.

If you can't tell the difference between namecalling and threatening physical violence, its you with a problem.

And no I am not Russian, if you look down where all those jumping smile faces are, it says I am from Australia

No, actually. It doesn't. It just randomly says Australia among the childish and cancerous emoticon spam.

First you want censorship and punitive measures on someone who sweared at you in an online game lobby, but then you yourself threaten physical violence towards someone who merely mentions free speech. Got problems?
30 Aug 2013, 15:24 PM

I guess the point of this thread was how annoying it is that you have no say about who you play unless you have a team of regulars, wich most of us dont. Its just another problem that would be fixed if they implemented the most basic multiplayerfeatures like public lobbies. Though, sadly, were left with automatch and VP, wich is a gamebreaker for a lot of people, and an annoyance for even more.

If you want to play vs different people not on your friends list, these are some of the issues you will have with the current weak system:
Cant choose map
Cant filter out people you know behave badly
cant filter out people with horrible ping
cant filter out peple with horrible computers
Both of the above leading to extremely unstable mathces
cant choose gamemode
People will drop upon loading because they dont like the map, or the competition
etc.

Just some of the issues that would be solved if they had a basic lobby system like in vCOH.
30 Aug 2013, 15:41 PM

Freedom of speech is the political right to communicate one's opinions and ideas using one's body and property to anyone who is willing to receive them.
The term freedom of expression is sometimes used synonymously, but includes any act of seeking, receiving and imparting information or ideas, regardless of the medium used.

In practice, the right to freedom of speech is not absolute in any country and the right is commonly subject to limitations, as with libel, slander, obscenity, sedition (including, for example inciting ethnic hatred), copyright violation, revelation of information that is classified or otherwise.

Basically, any sort of: Verbal assault, threat, obscenity, defamation may not give right to receiving entity to 'waste somebody' but its illegal. And carries penalties from fines, community service to jail time as per severity of 'freedom of speech'

so you don't have to draw your own conclusions
30 Aug 2013, 15:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2013, 14:58 PMNullist

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from responsibility for what you say.
Nor have I ever claimed it has.

If you can't tell the difference between namecalling and threatening physical violence, its you with a problem.

No, actually. It doesn't. It just randomly says Australia among the childish and cancerous emoticon spam.

First you want censorship and punitive measures on someone who sweared at you in an online game lobby, but then you yourself threaten physical violence towards someone who merely mentions free speech. Got problems?

Dude you are just making fool out of yourself

You do realize that everyone can read your and mine post? don't you?

Furthermore, I never asked for censorship or punitive measures in this thread, and I also never threatened anyone.
I can't be responsible for you seeing things that are not there. You have been in this thread arguing for a long time, yet you have no idea what the thread is actually about and most of your conclusions are laughable and way off the mark.

I attempted to show you that being a dickhead is not freedom of speech, but I guess its futile operation.

As such, have a good life
30 Aug 2013, 15:58 PM

Ah, the common misconception that freedom of speech somehow means you can say whatever you want without consequences.

Anyway, just report the buggers. Mute button ingame would be nice as well. Lots of pricks spewing shit left and right (especially in team games).
30 Aug 2013, 15:59 PM

I guess the point of this thread was how annoying it is that you have no say about who you play unless you have a team of regulars, wich most of us dont. Its just another problem that would be fixed if they implemented the most basic multiplayerfeatures like public lobbies. Though, sadly, were left with automatch and VP, wich is a gamebreaker for a lot of people, and an annoyance for even more.

If you want to play vs different people not on your friends list, these are some of the issues you will have with the current weak system:
Cant choose map
Cant filter out people you know behave badly
cant filter out people with horrible ping
cant filter out peple with horrible computers
Both of the above leading to extremely unstable mathces
cant choose gamemode
People will drop upon loading because they dont like the map, or the competition
etc.

Just some of the issues that would be solved if they had a basic lobby system like in vCOH.

Yeah man, Its really annoying. Playing games above 2v2 becomes just gamble of having one or all of the issues you mentioned above.
30 Aug 2013, 16:00 PM

Permanently Banned
You do realize that everyone can read your and mine post? don't you?

This was the only post I had made before you responded to it with threats of bodily harm, verbal assault and defamation:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/7490/elo-can-t-pick-up-on-this-can-it/post/70809
Go and read it, and sese for yourself how completely inappropriate your response to it was. Yes, everyone can indeed read see the posts.

I also never threatened anyone.

You directly threatened me here:

Like if you go out on the street and exercise your right of free speech, you are running a risk of coming across someone like me, who wouldn't hold back on my freedom to self-defend, resulting in you losing some teeth on the spot...

You directly verbally assault and defame me here:

So if you feel you are oppressed in place like Germany and have no right of free speech, you are either a coward or a lunatic

You have been in this thread arguing for a long time, yet you have no idea what the thread is actually about and most of your conclusions are laughable and way off the mark.

Wtf are you talking about. All I mentioned was freedom of speech, and you immediately began with insults and threats. I wasnt in this thread "arguing for a long time". It was my first fucking post.

I attempted to show you that being a dickhead is not freedom of speech, but I guess its futile operation.

With insults and threats of violence? That makes you the "dickhead", buddy.

Go back and read the thread. Your conduct is way off the handle.

Basically, any sort of: Verbal assault, threat, obscenity, defamation may not give right to receiving entity to 'waste somebody' but its illegal. And carries penalties from fines, community service to jail time as per severity of 'freedom of speech'

This is exactly what you have done towards me in this thread.
Threats of bodily harm, verbal assault and defamation.

All I had said, was this:
"Free speech.
You dont have to like it, and it reflects very badly on them, but, free speech.
Claiming he "ruined your game", on the otherhand, reflects more on you."

And you immediately responded with threats of bodily harm, verbal assault and defamation.
30 Aug 2013, 16:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2013, 16:00 PMNullist

This was the only post I had made before you responded to it with threats of bodily harm, verbal assault and defamation:
Go and read it, and sese for yourself how completely inappropriate your response to it was. Yes, everyone can indeed read see the posts.

You directly threatened me here:

You directly verbally assault and defame me here:

Wtf are you talking about. All I mentioned was freedom of speech, and you immediately began with insults and threats. I wasnt in this thread "arguing for a long time". It was my first fucking post.

With insults and threats of violence? That makes you the "dickhead", buddy.

Go back and read the thread. Your conduct is way off the handle.

This is exactly what you have done towards me in this thread.
Threats of bodily harm, verbal assault and defamation.

All I had said, was this:
"Free speech.

And you immediately responded with threats of bodily harm, verbal assault and defamation.

If I was you, I would report me. Because I sound like a very nasty person. Attacking you like that for no apparent reason, because you just mentioned free speech. Sort of behavior like this would definitely inflict some sort of punishment.

You have all the evidence in this thread.
30 Aug 2013, 16:24 PM

30 Aug 2013, 16:25 PM

Permanently Banned
All I said was:
"Free speech.

Then you went completely AWOL with insults and threats.
30 Aug 2013, 17:09 PM

Well let me recap it for you then:

You find this Freedom of speech:

Suck a fag dick faggot
GAY SHIT CUNTS
U'r mum is FAT SLUT CUNT

and you find that me 'claiming' that game was ruined, because my teamate lost a plot and spent entire game spraying insults like that. Reflects on me.

Ok, fair enough. I have no right to claim the game was ruined and I am soft little whine mummy's boy, who needs shoulder to cry on

then: You claim that freedom of speech gives you right to say whatever you want on WI-FI's post

Then: You interpret this as me threatening you: "It does reflect on me Nullist, just like your posts reflect on you. You are under impression that freedom of speech gives you right to say anything you wish. Unfortunately for you, freedom of speech comes in package with other freedoms.

Like if you go out on the street and exercise your right of free speech, you are running a risk of coming across someone like me, who wouldn't hold back on my freedom to self-defend, resulting in you losing some teeth on the spot..."

And this Verbal assault on you"

"Brave man have always exercised their freedom of speech, challenging oppression and injustice (sometimes at great peril to their well being)
So if you feel you are oppressed in place like Germany and have no right of free speech, you are either a coward or a lunatic""

Now you claim that you never said that freedom of speech entitles you to say whatever you want

and in the end you accuse me of verbal assault, physical threat and defamation

:clap: Dude, Pathetic. Just quit it
30 Aug 2013, 17:14 PM

I guess the point of this thread was

This thread has lost all of its original point.
30 Aug 2013, 17:24 PM

This thread has lost all of its original point.

ha ha, yes indeed

I think it should be deleted
30 Aug 2013, 17:32 PM

Permanently Banned
I didnt insult you or threaten you.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 85
Netherlands 1

Ladders Top 10

• #