Login

russian armor

Elo can't pick up on this, can it?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
30 Aug 2013, 19:03 PM
Donator 11

This thread has lost all of its original point.

+1
31 Aug 2013, 03:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2013, 17:32 PMNullist
I didnt insult you or threaten you.

Seriously, you dont find this just a tad cynical and insulting:

"You dont have to like it, and it reflects very badly on them, but, free speech.
Claiming he "ruined your game", on the otherhand, reflects more on you."

In which way does it reflect on me? I cant think of anything that isn't derogatory, cynical and insulting

and you still going on about me threatening you and insulting you

If you wanna have serious conversation and bury the war hatchet, I am all for it. But you not getting anywhere with standing your ground on you being innocent victim here. If you are prepared to dish it out, than be prepared to receive some.

I just wonder what would happen if I did actually use some of the language you describe as free speech to insult you....
31 Aug 2013, 04:00 AM

Permanently Banned
Im not the one who insulted you.

That guy in the match did.

Then you went and did exactly what he did to me + threat of violence too boot.

Way to misplace your anger and project it on someone else.

The irony being you claimed he "ruined your games", whereas your own use of free speech was even more extreme towards me, and yes, yet again, reflects on you.

I dont find what I said to be derogatory or insulting. I just pointed out the nature of free speech. Cynical, it certainly is, but there was no implied insult there.

Sure, we can bury the hatchet. To me, your just one of 7 billion people on this planet I can talk to, and I think of you as I will, directly derived from how you conduct yourself.

I agree, ideally, Steam ignore system should also block communication AND matching vs people you use the system to block. However, on the point of free speech, you are also responsible for what you say. "Free" doesnt mean without responsibility, it means without overt censorship. You are "free" to express yourself as a complete asshole, if you wish, but so is everyone else "free" to perceive you as such too.
31 Aug 2013, 05:04 AM

Hey guys aren't we all on the same team. (Words of the kid president) To clarify Nullist didn't threaten you he just said you need to learn to live with it online and Baba said in real life people would do something about it. Which is true but not a threat either. Look at all the chat trolling that goes on on twitch. NadeShot of Team Optik (Pardon the spelling) has someone threaten his mom all the time and he takes the additude you are bound to get that online no matter what. I think in reality he can't do anything about it as the guy can just create a new account and spam chat while he has to have it moderated actively. The other problem is many people are in different jurisdictions where you can't do piss about it. Noun at Relic will do something about it though. He can impose a short ban or long term ban depending on the level of trolling. The game developer has the right (although a weak right to excercise to ban for swearing and ruining another players gaming experience but it can be done). I think more of an issue is the fact the guy was typing the whole game instead of playing. Sometimes we get matched with new players who need a chance to learn. It's not a good idea to tell them they are fags and their mom's a cant as they are less likely to contribute to the community in the future. Not saying your a noob but there is no reason for people to act like that guy no matter how the team played and spamming that shit is a waste of time when he could be microing or something.
31 Aug 2013, 06:46 AM
Donator 11

Somebody please close this thread!.

its pointless by now.
31 Aug 2013, 07:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2013, 04:00 AMNullist
Im not the one who insulted you.

That guy in the match did.

Then you went and did exactly what he did to me + threat of violence too boot.

Way to misplace your anger and project it on someone else.

The irony being you claimed he "ruined your games", whereas your own use of free speech was even more extreme towards me, and yes, yet again, reflects on you.

I dont find what I said to be derogatory or insulting. I just pointed out the nature of free speech. Cynical, it certainly is, but there was no implied insult there.

Sure, we can bury the hatchet. To me, your just one of 7 billion people on this planet I can talk to, and I think of you as I will, directly derived from how you conduct yourself.

I agree, ideally, Steam ignore system should also block communication AND matching vs people you use the system to block. However, on the point of free speech, you are also responsible for what you say. "Free" doesnt mean without responsibility, it means without overt censorship. You are "free" to express yourself as a complete asshole, if you wish, but so is everyone else "free" to perceive you as such too.

ok, so I'll take that as a no. Since you are continuing with cynical tone, no attempt to take any responsibility for your words and blatant lies and misrepresentations.

You are not a victim here, stop trying to represent yourself as one.
31 Aug 2013, 07:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2013, 05:04 AMBode
Hey guys aren't we all on the same team. (Words of the kid president) To clarify Nullist didn't threaten you he just said you need to learn to live with it online and Baba said in real life people would do something about it. Which is true but not a threat either. Look at all the chat trolling that goes on on twitch. NadeShot of Team Optik (Pardon the spelling) has someone threaten his mom all the time and he takes the additude you are bound to get that online no matter what. I think in reality he can't do anything about it as the guy can just create a new account and spam chat while he has to have it moderated actively. The other problem is many people are in different jurisdictions where you can't do piss about it. Noun at Relic will do something about it though. He can impose a short ban or long term ban depending on the level of trolling. The game developer has the right (although a weak right to excercise to ban for swearing and ruining another players gaming experience but it can be done). I think more of an issue is the fact the guy was typing the whole game instead of playing. Sometimes we get matched with new players who need a chance to learn. It's not a good idea to tell them they are fags and their mom's a cant as they are less likely to contribute to the community in the future. Not saying your a noob but there is no reason for people to act like that guy no matter how the team played and spamming that shit is a waste of time when he could be microing or something.

I agree buddy
31 Aug 2013, 07:20 AM

its pointless by now.

agree
31 Aug 2013, 08:34 AM

Permanently Banned
I didnt insult you or threaten you with violence.

Nor did I insult you ingame.

I take full responsibility for having said:
"Free speech. You dont have to like it, and it reflects very badly on them, but, free speech.Claiming he "ruined your game", on the otherhand, reflects more on you."

How about you take responsibility for your insults and violence threat.

Thread can be closed. Your issue with someone ingame has nothing to do with this board anyways.
31 Aug 2013, 09:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2013, 08:34 AMNullist
I didnt insult you or threaten you with violence.

Nor did I insult you ingame.

I take full responsibility for having said:
"Free speech. You dont have to like it, and it reflects very badly on them, but, free speech.Claiming he "ruined your game", on the otherhand, reflects more on you."

How about you take responsibility for your insults and violence threat.

Thread can be closed. Your issue with someone ingame has nothing to do with this board anyways.

I have not threatened you with violence nor insulted you. Your claim that i did so, is insulting to start with.

I take responsibility of ridiculing you for defending nasty obscene language as freedom of speech, and than claiming that I threatened you and insulted you when I clearly was giving 'what if' example situation in which person who uses same behavior as person in the game, and insults someone in person, would get their teeth knocked out on the spot.

I also ridiculed you for suggesting that freedom of speech means that person can say whatever they want and that it should be just ignored, yet we are having this lenghty slagging match.

Second part where I "insult you" was reference to someone else saying that freedom of speech doesn't exist in Germany..(are you at least German?) and again I disputed that, by suggesting that person who can't say what they want in Germany is either afraid to speak or what they say is something that would get you arrested with good reason (p.s. person that was referenced to, didn't actually get insulted but gave their further argument, which is fair enough)

Furthermore, if you go back through the thread and read the post, in clear and objective way, you might realize that I was actually quite civil about it and always given you a chance to clarify your position. I don't remember using insults as per say, ridicule of paradox statements, yes.

On top of that, if I really threatened you everybody who read this thread would be on my back and I would probably be banned from this site.

P.S. your last couple of posts are starting to sound like reasonable discussion, minus the cynical bits and of the mark claims
31 Aug 2013, 10:58 AM
Donator 11

THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED
!!!!!!!!
31 Aug 2013, 11:05 AM

THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED THREAD CLOSED
!!!!!!!!

Why is there no like button on this site?
31 Aug 2013, 12:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

its pointless by now.

agree

...aaaaand it's closed.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias