Login

russian armor

Mortar HT, but what else?

26 Aug 2013, 12:37 PM

So, I took a liking for the mortar HT, but my Problem is: In what strategy do I use him?

With my normal aproach I had some Problems. Even if I only get the Mortar HT, I already used a good amount of fuel. As soon as my enemys get out a T70/T85 I start to lose because I don' t have a P4 as fast as I would need it. Paks and shreks seem useless.

Maybe I could invest even more fuel for a flamer ht, and try to deny the enemy resources.

Sooo... If anyone knows a good build that uses the Mortar HT: tell me! :D
26 Aug 2013, 18:50 PM

Im by no means a pro player but id use the MHT against defensive soviets with lots of ziz and maxim support. the flame mortart shell is really useful to dislodge their defense. So i would play very aggressive with it have a army of 2-3 panzgrens go for a stugg to counter t70/34 because they will beat you to armour if you wait for a PIV and the pak isnt mobile enough for the strat.
26 Aug 2013, 19:01 PM

The last guy kind of said it, but really it's a situational unit to get. It's good at countering soviet at guns, people who are camping buildings hard or even soviet snipers.

That being said it's not great against mobile conscripts or mobile tanks like T-70, T-34.

So basically there isn't a build that has it built into it, but situationally it's sweet. That incendiary round is dope at killing an AT wall.
26 Aug 2013, 19:08 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I haven't tried this (consciously), but you could probably use it as bait for an ambush, since it appears on the minimap whenever it fires. You could probably put it behind a Teller mine and in front of a Pak, or some similar combination, if you want to be sneaky (and who doesn't want to be sneaky?)
28 Aug 2013, 18:34 PM

I've found the Mortar HT compliments German T2 play very nicely. Especially if you're skipping T3 just to go to T4, or just saving for a Tiger or Elephant. Obviously works better if the Soviet player goes T2 due to their immobile units. But, it also clears houses of infantry pretty quickly, and with it's mobility you can really deny house-play all over the map.
28 Aug 2013, 18:40 PM
Donator 11

It can be useful to use vs. the 120mm mortar with the incendiary round.
28 Aug 2013, 22:50 PM

It can completely wipe the table with soviet tier two play, especially guards motor (120mm) with tier two in it. The Incendiary rounds will devastate his weapon teams while his mortars really cannot hit back strongly at the mortar HT.

I might even go so far as to say that if you see a T2 start from a soviet player then a commander with the MHT is definitely one to go for.
30 Aug 2013, 06:23 AM

As people say it's obviously good vs defensive Soviet play (T2, maxims, mortars).

It's also great for killing AT guns threatening your tanks. It's way better at shoot and move tactics than the regular mortar - but don't let it get hit by the soviet mortars, it's brittle and will die from it.

It's easier to use it offensively since it moves at vehicle speed, so it can follow your attack troops.

If you are doing an infantry centric strategy it gives you a decent fuel-dump and a way to threaten enemy support weapons who will otherwise shut down your grenadiers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★