Login

russian armor

So does no one care that Relic is recycling maps?

raw
24 Aug 2013, 21:26 PM

In CoH2 the map plays how you decide to let it play.

:guyokay:
24 Aug 2013, 21:52 PM

if they were good then why not? Relic would humiliate themselves by NOT remaking scheldt and putting it into game MVGame
24 Aug 2013, 22:06 PM

Well, I like seeing the return of good and proven maps (even if I don't like Semois). If they'd make completely new maps, there'd be a chance of the map design being broken or requiring a rework (see Minsk).

Of course it'd be great if we got even more maps so I hope that they finally release the map making tools so there can be contests etc. for good maps. Then Relic could also add good player-made ones to the official selection like they did with some CoH1 maps.
Only Relic postRelic 24 Aug 2013, 22:59 PM
Developer Relic Badge

hey guys,

just wanted to let everyone know that new maps will be coming :)
24 Aug 2013, 23:07 PM

Released later today.

thanks for heads up
24 Aug 2013, 23:16 PM
Donator 11

What about some 2v2 maps ? Or even new or some oldschool ones like Wolf / Rails? O_O
24 Aug 2013, 23:25 PM

How is Langreskaya not balanced? The faction balance could use some work but the map is even more symmetrical than Angoville with the new resource layout.
25 Aug 2013, 00:10 AM

How is Langreskaya not balanced? The faction balance could use some work but the map is even more symmetrical than Angoville with the new resource layout.

I don't really see what you mean from balance other than the faction balance.

Personally I think the factional balance isn't actually that bad, just that for a German player sticking MG-42s in buildings on that map is a bit too good and gets you too much map control for how easy and cheap it is (in VCoH, you could use cover or grenades to soft counter them, as it stands even molotovs don't seem likely to actually clear an MG). Also, the cut-off and small map size make it one of the worst maps for strafing runs. While Semois could promote some neat mortar play, I'm very curious as to whether it'll offer a good experience with German MG-42s and building defence working like it does right now.
25 Aug 2013, 02:07 AM

Surely it can't be -that- easy to port maps over?

The difference in some fundamental mechanics between VCoH and CoH2 must be pretty significant as to throw up the original seemingly balanced gameplay of these maps into an abyss of despair, woe, and uh.. Imbalance.

I like to credit game creators quite as good as these with the ability to think up new map-tiles and designs with relative ease, but get bogged down in the actual balance of that map. The actual balance of the map that isn't circumvented by simply porting old maps. Balancing has certainly got to be the hardest part!
25 Aug 2013, 06:15 AM

Angoville, Angoville, Angoville!!!
25 Aug 2013, 10:46 AM

Because symmetrical does not mean balanced. Mirror matches are not in the game, which automatically means some maps are Ostheer favored and some maps are Sovjet favored. For instance: small vs. large maps, easy cut offs vs. hard(er) cut offs, open vs. closed maps, etc. Hardly any maps are balanced. Langres was extremely Wehr favored and it is Ostheer favored now, mainly due to the "fast and easy" cut off.

Faction balance changes this a little bit, but the underlying principle remains (hopefully :P): Ostheer holds cut offs, Sovjet tries to flank and break the stronghold.
25 Aug 2013, 11:37 AM

Its not ideal but then neither is having to play 1v1s on those awful 2v2 maps so im more than happy to accept old school maps.
25 Aug 2013, 11:42 AM

New balanced maps
>
old balanced maps
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
new unbalanced maps
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
pripyat winter

They may or may not be balanced in coh2 in terms of who will win, but atleast we know for sure that there aren't stupidly large advantages for starting on one side of the map with these.

Also for gods sake fix the bugged building on the left next to the vp fork on Langres(kaya). I'm tired of having my units get stuck whenever trying to exit from the north side.
25 Aug 2013, 13:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge

i would be unhappy, if it was the only thing they are doing. But they are working on new maps, too, so i am fine with adding old balanced maps to the pool.
25 Aug 2013, 14:06 PM
Honorary Member Badge

i would be unhappy, if it was the only thing they are doing. But they are working on new maps, too, so i am fine with adding old balanced maps to the pool.

exactly
Hux
25 Aug 2013, 17:35 PM
Patrion 14

Am I mad about Semois being ported? - no
Will I enjoy it if it doesn't turn out to be majorly unbalanced? yes

But I can't help but think they should release the WorldBuilder before all this stuff. I mean it's not like anyone is going to go ahead and try to remake any of the big 3 themselves...

'More maps are coming' - Brilliant news. Give us the damn worldbuilder!
25 Aug 2013, 20:37 PM

Yeah! I'm pretty chuffed about old maps porting forward. They're really cool.

I'd also contest the assertion that certain maps are "wehr" focused or not. The only evidence someone could have on wether a map was biased would be straight numbers from Relic. Anything else (like whether you keep getting your ass kicked ona certain map ) is anecdotal and results in rose (or poop!) colored glasses.

On a side note, does anyone know why MoscowWinter/PripyatSummer doesn't make it to 1v1?
26 Aug 2013, 01:59 AM

Probably because Pripyat Summer is one of those thrice-cursed bridge maps.
26 Aug 2013, 04:36 AM

It once was a 1v1 map. It was horrible.
It is still a bad map for 2v2. However, I think it might be pretty popular in 3v3+ so upgrading it would probably be a good solution.
26 Aug 2013, 05:43 AM

I personally love seeing fan favorites. It has actually motivated me to play the game more. I loved the Vcoh 1v1s and some of the 2v2s. I'd love to see Angonorski, Sturzdorfski, Wolfzetski(Rebalanced), Railsyet&Metalski and maybe a Duclairski. That saying though I do have fun on Klodney Ferma, Oka, Moscow, and Rhzev
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 40
Germany 1480
Netherlands 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak