Login

russian armor

How do you use Maxim HMG's effectivey?

19 Aug 2013, 21:45 PM

I really like the idea of actually using these however its just the firing arc that is a disappointment, compared to the MG42 its just inferior, they don't suppress as fast and are easily outflanked. I can only use them when they're in a building. Can anyone come up with a scenario or any tactics to use these please?
19 Aug 2013, 21:55 PM

Uhh.... we have been over this topic http://www.coh2.org/topic/6767/mg42-arc/page/2 pls try reading thru forums before posting...ridiculous topic anyway
19 Aug 2013, 21:56 PM

you have to use the maxime agresive.The very short setup time is a huge advantage.Besides supressed units can not doge a molotov.
19 Aug 2013, 22:01 PM

Uhh.... we have been over this topic http://www.coh2.org/topic/6767/mg42-arc/page/2 pls try reading thru forums before posting...ridiculous topic anyway

Thank you for pointing that out, I did think there would already be a discussion for it but I must have missed it while looking through. No question is a pointless one, it never hurts to ask and its always better to know.
19 Aug 2013, 22:02 PM

you have to use the maxime agresive.The very short setup time is a huge advantage.Besides supressed units can not doge a molotov.

Very true, thank you for answering.
19 Aug 2013, 22:16 PM

Any other responses will surely help, the other thread's nearly dead :/
19 Aug 2013, 22:22 PM

maximes always force your enemy to use grenades so he can not afford lmgs42
field gun barrage + maxime =good counter for all inf
sprint ability makes maxime more mobile
a maxim forces your opponet to take it out first before attcking your conscripts very helpful when you want to attack
maximes are very useful to counter agresive german mg play

19 Aug 2013, 22:23 PM

general the maxime is good to slow your enemy down so your arty can hit him try it with precision strike of vet one mortar and the su 76 barrage
2 maximes = hard counter against pgren spam
maxime normally wins 1v1 against every inf unit
19 Aug 2013, 22:40 PM

general the maxime is good to slow your enemy down so your arty can hit him try it with precision strike of vet one mortar and the su 76 barrage
2 maximes = hard counter against pgren spam
maxime normally wins 1v1 against every inf unit

Very nice and very helpful, thank you. I'll be sure to try that out next time I go on COH 2. You've given me confidence to use them more :)
19 Aug 2013, 23:15 PM

2 words - Attack Move

Anytime you send the Maxim anywhere use attack move and it will set up and start mowing down infantry as soon as it sees them. Keep a Conscript squad with AT nades upgraded nearby in the mid and late game to stop flame-tracks and Scout Cars forcing a retreat and killing them as they run.
20 Aug 2013, 04:11 AM

^ I will be doing this all the time now. Great idea thanks stone :D
20 Aug 2013, 04:48 AM

@wayward516 No worries, no more walking into Panzer Grenadiers :)
20 Aug 2013, 09:07 AM

2 words - Attack Move

Anytime you send the Maxim anywhere use attack move and it will set up and start mowing down infantry as soon as it sees them. Keep a Conscript squad with AT nades upgraded nearby in the mid and late game to stop flame-tracks and Scout Cars forcing a retreat and killing them as they run.

I always forget about that damn attack move....
22 Aug 2013, 09:14 AM

I always forget about that damn attack move....

I don't think I've ever used it at all :) (not really one for campaigns or training). Thanks to poster. Appreciate it.
13 Sep 2013, 20:12 PM

Any other responses will surely help, the other thread's nearly dead :/

As said before, the maxin's setup time is a large advantage over the MG42. The vet 1 ability, sprint, allows your maxim to get to the frontlines much quicker than the German counterpart. Yes, the arc is smaller than the MG42, but the setup largely negates that. It also does more damage than the MG42. If you notice, the MG42 doesn't kill much, just suppresses. You do, however, have to watch for the vet 1 incendiary rounds which shred light armor and deal quite a bit of damage to infantry.
13 Sep 2013, 21:00 PM

attack move. its fast setup time means it can go frontal combat with your conscripts instead of being used defensively use it agresively. are you going to storm a position?

A click your maxim while you micro your conscripts.

they will deal their damage while your conscripts make chaos.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★