Login

russian armor

Mark Target OP

6 Dec 2013, 04:56 AM

Yeah, especially that these SU76 are really robust and hard to flank.

Oh wait...

Seriously.

No, but it comes with the price that the SU76 has the same range as an SU85. You outrange the P4's. Flank? Mines-ATGrenade-Guards , and yet again, ask yourself how the fuck you got flanked by a tank.
6 Dec 2013, 06:19 AM

Permanently Banned

You were saying that even if MT doesn't inflict any DMG it still forces unit out of combat. I said that you can gain the same effect using AT made. Ypu can criiple tank and force it out of combat. How's that trolling?

You have to get Cons into range during which time they suffer attrition, for a successful throw, and a penetrating hit (which is not guaranteed on heavies).

With MT, you just click on the target. Done.

The trolling is evident in how you are not even bothering to represent any of these considerations in your posts. Its a ridiculous and naive comparison, and serves only to derail the topic.

Further fun facts regarding MT. It turns ATNades to the equivalent of 150dmg, which is 30 more than a T34s normal penetrating shot, and increases Ram dmg to 240, which is the equivalent of 2 T34 normal penetrating shots. T34s hit for equivalent of 180 with MT on. ZiS hits for 240 with MT. For reference, PIV and T34 both have 640hp. PIV does 160dmg.
6 Dec 2013, 08:01 AM

You have to get Cons into range during which time they suffer attrition, for a successful throw, and a penetrating hit (which is not guaranteed on heavies).

The trolling is evident in how you are not even bothering to represent any of these considerations in your posts. Its a ridiculous and naive comparison, and serves only to derail the topic.

Further fun facts regarding MT. It turns ATNades to the equivalent of 150dmg, which is 30 more than a T34s normal penetrating shot, and increases Ram dmg to 240, which is the equivalent of 2 T34 normal penetrating shots. T34s hit for equivalent of 180 with MT on. ZiS hits for 240 with MT. For reference, PIV and T34 both have 640hp. PIV does 160dmg.

Started this thread ages ago.. but you are right Nullist in all your posts in this thread.

Man shreks cost 120 munis and dont have anywhere near the impact of mark target. I think MT should cost 150 muni too be honest, it completely nullifies any smart or clever vehicle play in any attack that it is triggered in. Getting an a great armour attack with ost is next to impossible now anyway due to at nades, bad maps , at guns and su85s ect and popping this thing with one click and no thought makes it OP IMO
6 Dec 2013, 08:20 AM
Patrion 14

Started this thread ages ago.. but you are right Nullist in all your posts in this thread.

Man shreks cost 120 munis and dont have anywhere near the impact of mark target. I think MT should cost 150 muni too be honest, it completely nullifies any smart or clever vehicle play in any attack that it is triggered in. Getting an a great armour attack with ost is next to impossible now anyway due to at nades, bad maps , at guns and su85s ect and popping this thing with one click and no thought makes it OP IMO

comparing shreks to mark target...
i'll take shrek on non doctirnal unit as upgrade over mark target anyday
6 Dec 2013, 08:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2013, 10:45 AMNullist
80 Munis wasted to force an armor unit off the field for 60s and knowing where it is as well as receiving general Recon data?

How is that a waste, lol?

Lets not deny the over effetiveness of an ability, just because someone isnt using it to its full effect and likes their priviledge so much they cant see what it does to the opponent.

if you pay 80 munitions and you dont kill the tank then you will have waisted a good 3 mins of saving munitions before MT and another 3 after if you intend on using it quickly again which is a pretty big deal , also the reckon provided is overated i know it provides some LoS but that is only useful as far as buildings are concerned which is pretty useles info as you know whats coming . If you wont to see enemies units and positions which you can with RR then MT is utterly useless .

I think this ability is just roflstronk, ever gone partisan doctrine(the pay one) get 2 su76 and a partisan tank hunter squad? gl hf p4, you wont have any infantry support and those su76's will fuck you up pretty fast with marked vehicle if you dare Kappa

I can understand what you mean but imo that means the payed doctrine(s) need to be changed not the ability itself .

Anyway there are far more rolfsrtonk soviet abilities and units that need to be changed before MT comes to copnsideration .
6 Dec 2013, 10:15 AM

Funny how you neglect any argument focusing only on what you're saying.

It's not clicking the target and damage is done with MT. You still need other unit to actually deal the target. Few posts above I gave you example what happens when you overextend yourself with MT and a lot of ppl said how to counter it.

Now the important thing:
This ability barley makes so Soviet tanks got a fighting chance 1 on 1 against German armour. With this ability you are able to go head on with T-34/76 against PzIV or T-34/85 against Panther or SU-85 against Tiger (although Panther and Tiger will still beat their respective opponents). It only affects ONE tank and last for 1 minute. It doesn't magically destroy tanks. It costs pretty hefty 80 munitions and you can maybe use it 2-3 maybe 4 times in a game with that price unless you dominate your opponent.
6 Dec 2013, 13:57 PM

Permanently Banned
Nvm, your not worth it. Im convinced you are just a troll now.
6 Dec 2013, 14:23 PM

i like how my post are ignored my post, yet people jump in to blarg at each other. if mark target gets changed ill becoem nullist 2.0
6 Dec 2013, 15:50 PM

*ignores post*
6 Dec 2013, 17:28 PM

Permanently Banned
Believe me, if Ost had this even at 25% dmg, 30s duration and tracking, for 100 Munis, the whine from Sov would make this thread seem like a baby's fart compared to a shitstorm hurricane at the Mexico city central sewage plant.
6 Dec 2013, 18:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Difference is that Ost have better armor, deals heavier dmg n penetration (i think or it´s that ruskies have lower armor) and they have better non doctrinal AT options.

I feel like the ability is on a fine balance, the only thing it might be good to do is removing the ability if the plane is shot down.
6 Dec 2013, 18:55 PM

Believe me, if Ost had this even at 25% dmg, 30s duration and tracking, for 100 Munis, the whine from Sov would make this thread seem like a baby's fart compared to a shitstorm hurricane at the Mexico city central sewage plant.

The german equavlant would be something like: For 50 munitions increase damage on a single squad.

Doesn't seem that bad to me. Annoying yes. OP no. If they just had mark target for tanks, I don't see it being used much. Since when does german at have a hard time focusing down a tank. It would just be a waste of munis for them.
6 Dec 2013, 21:12 PM

I'd use mark target on an IS2 or KV1,KV2 or KV8 all day long
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 60
Poland 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %