Login

russian armor

75% play as german, yet soviet units are OP?

14 Aug 2013, 15:09 PM

somehow, I think its because they have/think they have a better chance at winning with german.

i could ramble on about what i think, but i'd rather hear from you guys:

why do 75 % of you play german and still i "only" see calls for a nerf to soviet units?

14 Aug 2013, 15:11 PM

where did you get those data? from nowhere?
14 Aug 2013, 15:18 PM

Permanently Banned
This is why people need more education.
14 Aug 2013, 15:19 PM

Not to mention your stats are flawed to hell as most the time it's 60/40 or 40/60 and varies either side when low amounts of players are searching. Did you ever think that some people refuse to play Soviets out of principle until they are fixed. It's the same reason many players refused to play mixed allies out of principle in COH1.
14 Aug 2013, 15:23 PM

Watch high-level play. Of recent tournaments here, both all 5 games of the TFN tourney final and all 3 of the Langreskaya tourney final were won by Soviets.

Personally, I play both sides a roughly even amount. Playing as Soviets with snipers + guards -> SU-85 on some maps you'll basically win a game if you keep stuff alive, which is not tremendously hard to do. There's a little specific German b/s around but nothing quite so resilient as that combo in a 1v1.

I'd note that the % searching function (which doesn't show 75% for me very much) doesn't actually indicate whom people are playing as (since it doesn't include everyone in game already - who are naturally on a 1:1 ratio). I'm sure relic have some proper metrics on it somewhere.
14 Aug 2013, 15:34 PM

For me Germans are more challenging .. its not all about winning its about having fun
14 Aug 2013, 15:48 PM

oddly enough if you look at the pics of soviet and German leaderboards you will see 8 80% win rate players and only 5 soviets, not to mention a lot more overall German games played. Meaning that overall Germans are played more and still have a higher winning percentage.

Only 4 people in the top 15 have played more then 100 games as soviets and 8 have as Germans.

Doesn't mean a whole lot since plenty of good players simply don't play 1v1 atm and plenty of people in the top 15 ladders aren't top 15 skilled players in a tourney setting.
14 Aug 2013, 15:52 PM

Permanently Banned
nvm, found them. on the homepage.
14 Aug 2013, 16:21 PM

I must play at random times because I never see those percentages. Its usually 25% more searchng as sovs or slightly even.
14 Aug 2013, 16:26 PM

You only see how many people are searching in your skillregion ^^. So diffrent people can get a diffrent impression. If you want to know why more people play Germans... it's because they have more Style :P
14 Aug 2013, 16:52 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

You only see how many people are searching in your skillregion ^^. So diffrent people can get a diffrent impression. If you want to know why more people play Germans... it's because they have more Style :P

14 Aug 2013, 17:19 PM

Young Karl Lagerfeld? ^^

Would be interesting to actually know why people tend to like one faction moore than the other.

I play both, but prefer the Germans because their units look badass and have badass names :D.
14 Aug 2013, 17:19 PM

Permanently Banned
This game is A spam ...

In beta all units was important and now it's a spam, why ?

Because Su-85 counter t-3 and t-4 axis.

Because tank cost only only 200-300-400 ( 400 for panther ) manpower ..........

The comeback is impossible now if you loose your fuel to long time because of this, ridiculous :/

We need pz 4 : 440 manpower SU-85 : 440 manpower

Panther : 560 manpower

IS-2 : 220 fuel

Tigre : 220 fuel

Range of Su-85 need to be 50, and front armor reduce, reduce is price too for 85 fuel like in beta --'

So if german go t-3, SU-85 is a good option, if germans go t-4, SU-85 is a bad option and so russian need to go like at gun or make is-2.

The important problem actually is russian never need to read the axis strat for make his build ..... but the build of axis depend of the russians strat --' so Soviet are ridiculous more easy to play, because they never need to read the strat of axis and use their head --' I don't know if i can say COH 2 is a strategy game actually :/ especially for russians ...

All units need to be important for win, and actually it's what ? a spam of 3 units ? SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM with no brain actually.

I find coh 2 a great game in beta, but actually it's like very a noob strategy game ...

strategy game = use his head and combined armor, i don't see lot of this actually in coh 2 ....

14 Aug 2013, 17:38 PM

I think most people just enjoy the more straightforward nature of the Ostheer units, and the fact that Ostheer is less micro-intensive. Playing well with Soviets means using lots of the sometimes hard to use gimicks built into the faction, you're not going to win games with just conscripts and AT guns the way you could as American in COH1.

14 Aug 2013, 17:58 PM

^@sluzbenik Öhhmmm i don't know about that... I dont wanna argue who needs more micro, but I can tell you for sure I would always want to play the faction who needs more.
But let me tell you why I play more as Germans:
First of all, I am German. (So I might be a bit biased.)
I like the smaller, but therefore better units more, same reason why I play Protoss opposed to the Swarm/Soviets.
I am all about efficiency. It is cooler to beat a bigger army with more advandced troops/tech.

The tanks: They have way better names^^ IS2=Joseph Stalin? Lame. Tiger? Marder? way "cooler" :D
And I love the German Tank design (not that big of a deal but for example the tanks in WoT. I just like the form and design more.) The Looks!

Also I am sure my Worldview (education, society, videos on the internet, cold war) gives me a negative Soviet image (no not because of the campaign, pls don't discuss about it here.) And with negative I mean not negative in general or about the people who live there!, but hmmm... . And here I am mostly talking about the modern world.

And because I have to deal with people who speak only Russian in DotA2, even if I am in the queque for ENGLISH language.
14 Aug 2013, 18:16 PM

Germans are cooler, so people play Germans.

Not to mention this is anecdotal. There's been times where I've seen 20% Germans, and times I've seen 0% Soviets.
14 Aug 2013, 18:52 PM

I prefer playing german but almost every time I go on for a game its at least 60 - 40 german biased, so I wind up playing soviet just cause I get a game quicker. I know it does depend on ranking/where you sit on skill tables etc. but it is annoying
14 Aug 2013, 19:21 PM

Its because Germans are super easy to play and don't really have any pressure no matter what tech choice u make u will have everything u need.
14 Aug 2013, 19:37 PM

Its because Germans are super easy to play and don't really have any pressure no matter what tech choice u make u will have everything u need.

Right .. because of course you have mastered the game as Germans and know better than Relic. Maybe Relic should hire as their balance tester since you know so much. Maybe NASA should I dunno

Maybe 75% play Germans because

a)Most people are familiar with German faction tech like panthers, tigers etc

b)vCOH players would also be familiar with them
14 Aug 2013, 19:41 PM

Permanently Banned

Right .. says the guy who spams sniper/guards/su85 for insta win and thinks Germans are "easy".

Maybe 75% play Germans because

a)Most people are familiar with German faction tech like panthers, tigers etc

b)vCOH players would also be familiar with them

You are definitively right ..... and more people play axis maybe because they love difficulty no ?

It's a strategy game and this word is not actually very present with russians ... I have explain why before
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 51
United States 10
Russian Federation 6
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %