Login

russian armor

[DBP] USF Mechanized Company Assault Engineer call-in.

1 Dec 2017, 13:25 PM

Should be replaced with Cavalry Riflemen if you ask me, if somebody wants the AE they can go Armored Company, I see no reason why not give them a unique campaign unit call in like Heavy Cav Company with their Rangers.

It would not only spice up Mechanized commander but it would also introduce a better synchro with the 76mm Shermans especially if you replace the Mortar HT with Armored Cav's Tank-Infantry support ability, forgot it's name.

Maybe a unique trait they'd have is be able to upgrade in the field instead of having to go to the base to arm themselves?

Give em like a 70 muni costing x1 Bar upgrade and a 60 muni costing x1 Bazooka upgrade, or a combined upgrade for like 120/130 muni that gives them both, whatever you guys think would be balanced.

And the Mortar HT is kinda overlapping with the infantry mortar which I think can be carried in the Cav Riflemen HT if I'm not mistaken so having a dedicated Mortar HT just doesn't seem feasible altho making sense since it's a Mechanized force that needs to constantly stay mobile.

Thanks in advance for reading.
1 Dec 2017, 14:12 PM

Ok scratch the BAR upgrade suggestion since I forgot Cav Rifles are CQ infantry.

Just a x1 or x2 Bazooka upgrade then should suffice, combine that with smoke and frags grenades and they'd be perfect.
1 Dec 2017, 15:16 PM
Donator 11

The problem with this call in is
A: The cost
B: The timing
C: The durability

All of these could be intermingled to make the callin more viable but it all comes down to timing of the unit. The fact that its a 4cp callin makes it rather late to the part, coming maybe 1min before counters hit the field. Coupled with this is the durability of the M3 and the ass engineers. The M3s health is fairly low, 2 panzerfausts wipe the unit and the possibility to lose the squad inside is still fairly high. The assult engeers themselves are already fairly squish and the grease gun itself requires that you get close to buildings/infintray to even make use of them. With that and the low health of the M3 means the unit is practically useless.

The call in itself is 540~ MP, being USF and floating MP above 300+ is rather hard especially early- mid game where this call in would excel in.

All in all, the unit simply isn't placed well and has fallen out of the balance meta and should be re-adjusted to fit.
1 Dec 2017, 15:23 PM

The problem with this call in is
A: The cost
B: The timing
C: The durability

All of these could be intermingled to make the callin more viable but it all comes down to timing of the unit. The fact that its a 4cp callin makes it rather late to the part, coming maybe 1min before counters hit the field. Coupled with this is the durability of the M3 and the ass engineers. The M3s health is fairly low, 2 panzerfausts wipe the unit and the possibility to lose the squad inside is still fairly high. The assult engeers themselves are already fairly squish and the grease gun itself requires that you get close to buildings/infintray to even make use of them. With that and the low health of the M3 means the unit is practically useless.

The call in itself is 540~ MP, being USF and floating MP above 300+ is rather hard especially early- mid game where this call in would excel in.

All in all, the unit simply isn't placed well and has fallen out of the balance meta and should be re-adjusted to fit.

All these things have been changed
A: the cost has been changed to 460/30
B: the timing is 3 not 4 cps
C: The durability of the engineers and Halftrack have been improved.
1 Dec 2017, 17:21 PM

I agree on the call in. Mechanized Cavalry is the logical step to take rather than more units from other commanders.
1 Dec 2017, 17:36 PM

Assault engineers are supposed to provide reliable mine-laying to the doctrine, which USF lacks, along with decent anti-garrison.

Price bundling makes is so that you can't put out a WC-51, MortarHT and M3 out at the sametime to stranglehold your opponent.
1 Dec 2017, 18:05 PM

Assault engineers are supposed to provide reliable mine-laying to the doctrine, which USF lacks, along with decent anti-garrison.

Price bundling makes is so that you can't put out a WC-51, MortarHT and M3 out at the sametime to stranglehold your opponent.

Well alright then just give the ability to lay mines to Cav Riflemen or the M3?

Or the WC-51 at like, vet 2.

Anything really, just please give us Cav Riflemen, I'm really sick and tired of AEs and their cheap demo satchel tactics.
Phy
1 Dec 2017, 18:14 PM

REVAMPS looks nice. I agree with cavalry rework on commander. However 200mp wc51 looks too cheap IMO.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★