Login

russian armor

3rd Time Back... observations

3 Nov 2017, 04:26 AM

So my friends and I have played the game for a long time. Since coh1. We love the game and think it's fun but we always stop playing due to one thing... the imbalance of 2v2+ matches. Allise are woefully underpowered in this game in anything but 1v1.

Automatching is a joke because you only get matched against cheese strat axis players.

They haven't fixed buildings, abilities are still buggy.

We gave it another go, but nothing has changed after all these years.

1v1 is playable as allies, but Axis factions are super favored in this game for the other modes.

Those are just my observations after taking long breaks from this game over the years.

Cya when CoH3 releases... maybe
3 Nov 2017, 09:37 AM

LOL. Tries game for 5 mins late in the games life when most players are fairly decent, blames losing on balance.

Allies definatley have solid ways to win, especially in 2v2, you just need to know how to play :/
3 Nov 2017, 09:43 AM

May I suggested you try playing some 2v2 games as axis and see how many of those you can win? Maybe it will help you identify the issue.
3 Nov 2017, 11:54 AM

Nice bait, as always Keepo.
7 Nov 2017, 05:10 AM

How about the ability of the Axis to wipe entire squads with 1 shot. Walking Stuka, Brumbar, sturm, hahaha. Calliope is terrible compared to these. Pershing only has 800hp? I've played as Axis, it's hard to ever lose unless you play 1v1.

Get off your axis fanboy horses. This game is terribly balanced across the board.
7 Nov 2017, 05:12 AM

Also we played for a solid week. Not 5 mins. Nice try though, you'd notice if you got off your knees to the Lelic's Axis fantasy.
7 Nov 2017, 11:47 AM
Strategist Badge

So hostile so quickly...

Axis have some very powerful units in the late game for sure, but Soviets and brits do as well. The firefly is incredibly powerful anti-tank, and the Crocodile can melt any infantry, or at gun is seconds and can withstand huge amounts of damage. The IS2 is on a par with all the other heavy tanks and the T-34-76 is the most cost effective medium tank in the game.

I would recommend you play axis long enough to get ranked and to a position where you lose a game, or two or 10 and see how you get beaten, then use that same strat when you play allies. There are also plenty of people streaming their 2v2 and up games, or Youtube videos.

This game/community has some of the most extensive resources to learn the game with. There is no excuse not to learn anymore.
7 Nov 2017, 13:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If you are playing on 2v2+ i'll recommend trying OH rather OKW. Now your perception of the game will change.
26 Nov 2017, 04:51 AM

So hostile so quickly...

Axis have some very powerful units in the late game for sure, but Soviets and brits do as well. The firefly is incredibly powerful anti-tank, and the Crocodile can melt any infantry, or at gun is seconds and can withstand huge amounts of damage. The IS2 is on a par with all the other heavy tanks and the T-34-76 is the most cost effective medium tank in the game.

I would recommend you play axis long enough to get ranked and to a position where you lose a game, or two or 10 and see how you get beaten, then use that same strat when you play allies. There are also plenty of people streaming their 2v2 and up games, or Youtube videos.

This game/community has some of the most extensive resources to learn the game with. There is no excuse not to learn anymore.

top 400 as OKW, pretty ez placement to be honest. Anti infantry is so strong, and late game unstoppable.
26 Nov 2017, 08:03 AM

top 400 as OKW, pretty ez placement to be honest. Anti infantry is so strong, and late game unstoppable.

Top 400 with such low playercounts is like bragging about Winning the para-olympics. Especially with okw, the faction which needs the least amount of Brain power to play by Far.
Try OH Since you claim axis To be OP.
26 Nov 2017, 08:38 AM
Strategist Badge

Was this team games? Who was your team mate/s? Player card of you and the rest please?
26 Nov 2017, 09:04 AM

People this is obvious please
26 Nov 2017, 17:30 PM

player card please Kappa
26 Nov 2017, 17:55 PM

Given that Finndeed is actually responding to this thread, I won't lock it for now.

The hostility from all sides is quite disgusting.
26 Nov 2017, 23:06 PM

Who is being hostile? haha

But the point being, is Axis are easier to play, OKW is OP, and Axis win late games, 3v3 and 4v4 are not balanced because the resource spread. Better AT guns, better AT weapons, better tanks. USF can only rely on the Jackson, the Pershing doesn't have enough HP to survive the late game threats.

How do you add player card?

My 1v1 is as follows (estimations)
USF - 458
OKW - 385
Wher - Not ranked yet
British - 484
Russian - 632

26 Nov 2017, 23:30 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I won't comment on your statements about balance.

I will give you some context though:

Top 400 is pretty bad. Top 200, even top 100 is quite bad with how the ladder is currently. Sometimes I face players in the top 50 who clearly lack basic things like a proper capping order, build, micro, and game knowledge (evidenced by the fact that they take losing fights). Perhaps 2v2 is more competitive and everyone in 2v2s is just smarter and better at the game than 1v1 players are. If not, what I said stands.
26 Nov 2017, 23:40 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Who is being hostile? haha

But the point being, is Axis are easier to play, OKW is OP, and Axis win late games, 3v3 and 4v4 are not balanced because the resource spread. Better AT guns, better AT weapons, better tanks. USF can only rely on the Jackson, the Pershing doesn't have enough HP to survive the late game threats.

How do you add player card?

My 1v1 is as follows (estimations)
USF - 458
OKW - 385
Wher - Not ranked yet
British - 484
Russian - 632

Click on your profile -> update profile -> follow these instructions, also found on this page.

"By adding your 17-digit "Steam" Account # to your COH2.ORG Profile, and setting your "Steam Visibility" to "Public," you will enable various features; like a working Playercard Icon on your LIVESTREAMS list entry and under your FORUMS avatar. It will also enable the "My Playercard" link under LADDERS in the Main Menu."
27 Nov 2017, 00:12 AM

Click on your profile -> update profile -> follow these instructions, also found on this page.

"By adding your 17-digit "Steam" Account # to your COH2.ORG Profile, and setting your "Steam Visibility" to "Public," you will enable various features; like a working Playercard Icon on your LIVESTREAMS list entry and under your FORUMS avatar. It will also enable the "My Playercard" link under LADDERS in the Main Menu."

Oh thank you! I will add that when i get home
27 Nov 2017, 00:13 AM

I won't comment on your statements about balance.

I will give you some context though:

Top 400 is pretty bad. Top 200, even top 100 is quite bad with how the ladder is currently. Sometimes I face players in the top 50 who clearly lack basic things like a proper capping order, build, micro, and game knowledge (evidenced by the fact that they take losing fights). Perhaps 2v2 is more competitive and everyone in 2v2s is just smarter and better at the game than 1v1 players are. If not, what I said stands.

So the game is only balanced for the top 100 players... gotcha.

Makes sense why there are so many ppl playing these days and new ppl getting into it haha.

We can't all be you
27 Nov 2017, 00:14 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

So the game is only balanced for the top 100 players... gotcha.

Makes sense why there are so many ppl playing these days and new ppl getting into it haha.

We can't all be you

Never did I say anything of the sort in my post. It seems you're getting a little defensive.

You said top 400 OKW was a "pretty ez placement tbh." I'm confirming that. Top 400 is an ez placement because top 400 players lack a lot of basic knowledge about the game, among other things.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS