Login

russian armor

i need some advices against dbl ukf 2X2

25 Oct 2017, 00:39 AM

well this is the relay most of ukf play do this campy play , any advices ?
25 Oct 2017, 02:55 AM

don't lose the early game, use the advantage of superior numbers and firepower axis have.

Try to hold key points so they can't build their things on good places of the map.

and if you suspect they are going to spam defenses, then spam mortars and ATs.

DO NOT WASTE TIME, coordinate with your teamate and focus all firepower on a single pit/bofors, clear it then pour in your frontline soldiers.

I have been playing a lot of high level 2v2 as ukf lately and making emplacements is just a waste of resources, axis demolishes them in seconds.

30 Oct 2017, 23:29 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Hello there wolvak105! Let me give you an overview over what you have encountered, how you have reacted and how you should react in the best of cases (in my opinion). Let's get this review started!

What you have encountered

You and your teammate (random team as far as I can tell) had to battle against double UKF. Both UKF players decided to play rather defensively from the beginning on culminating in constructing and maintaining multiple emplacements.

How you have reacted

Even though you don't play regularly with Mehanik I strongly believe that your regular teammates duke 2v2 matches out as Ost/OKW combo with you. Wherefore I think it is appropriate to point out what your teammate has done wrong so that your regular teammates shall not repreat his mistakes.
What he has done correctly was attacking together with you in early game phase. You both managed to exert pressure on Allies. But his cooperative play ended abruptly when he decided to push forward without real thought and support from you resulting in losing all three Volksgrenadier squads unnecessarily sooner or later. He failed to build more than one LEIG which are crucial in defeating camping double Brits. His Panzer IV and Command Panther handling was devastating since he rushed forward without any support most of the time which also resulted in the loss of both tanks. Finally he dropped around the 25th minute mark.

Sniper and Mortar against double Brits seems alright to me despite your not optimal handling of both. You have done the same mistake as your teammate when you have pushed towards British controlled territory without teammate's support. So in the end both of you failed to land decisive blows except destroying one Bofors which was rebuilt (see your pushes around minute 18 and 21 for example). You completely neglected the opportunity to tech up to Tier 4 at minute 16 (you had more than 300 fuel) and instead ordered 2 Panzergrenadier squads which fed the emplacements even more.

How you should react

General thought: Make the investment in UKF emplacements as inefficient as possible! Save infantry and turtle to tanks. To achieve this aim you have to consider following points:

• General tip: You should hold at least 1 VP (contest mid VP though), 1 fuel and 1 munition point at best.

• Do not enter the barrage radius of mortar Pits with infantry except when to defend the mid VP! Your natural VP should be fortified so that British forces can hardly contest it (double UKF isn't that great at assaults actually). Do never enter Bofors range when it's not braced.

• Following these measures will ensure as few infantry casualties as possible thus lower value for emplacements in return. Keep in mind that emplacements mean less motile units thus less assault potential.

• Defend two VPs by building up a force that is effectively working without the constraint to be in Mortar Pit radius. I.e., OKW player should build two or three LEIGs and Ostheer player should build two Snipers for optimal bleed potential. Two or three MG teams for the whole team, Grenadier squads and proper anti tank (PaK40 + Raketen + mines) should cover those precious units until you hold out to tanks.

• Tanks will be your main force to finally engage those pesky emplacements. Either Jagdtiger or Elephant is required for this task. Be aware that both majestic tank destroyers work best in combination with excellent vision grant (scopes, reconnaissance flight, flares, Sniper, vet 3 222 and so on).

• While one player is building up a solid Panther force (2 is a good number) the other one should support its heavy tank destroyer with at least one medium preferably (PIV, StuG, Jagdpanzer IV, Panther if affordable). If possible build Panzerwerfer or Walking Stuka for perfect indirect fire support (hopefully your LEIGs are still alive to be high star) to counter infantry and AT (also don't forget your Snipers).

• By cautiously pushing with this force you should be able to slowly but surely destroy anything British on the field. If you feel how your foe is weakening (loss of emplacements, tanks and infantry) try to control the third Victory Point.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★