Login

russian armor

how we exactly counter sniper and guard spam combo

11 Aug 2013, 18:47 PM

yeah but then the guards or other infantry will be able to spot for the sniper, rendering the nerf useless.

but yeah, some sort of debuff for taking out 1 member is a good idea.
11 Aug 2013, 20:06 PM

Permanently Banned
if enemy is spamming su85 with sniper, never go p4. Better bring ostwind which is good against infatry. P4 will lose against su85 and do less dmg to infatry aand just avoid the su85 camp.
12 Aug 2013, 06:46 AM

Ostwind is slower then P4 so you can theoretically hit and run but once you get AT naded or just have bad luck and his SU85 is near, yr Ostwind is dead. Btw you still have no chance to kill his snipers with Ostwinds cuz if he is not idiot, he will cover his snipers with SU85.
It means you HAVE TO build Pak43 (not that good) or survive long enough to get Elephant to force his SU85 back and after that you can use Ostwind to begin the sniper hunt.
12 Aug 2013, 08:29 AM

flank attack of Ostwind or P4
12 Aug 2013, 08:45 AM

Im 2v2+ only player so maybe in 1v1 its possible but in team games theres nope hope of anything like flank cuz russians are everywhere (cons will AT nade you, guards will button you and/or you will pick the best yet nearly free AI/AT mine in game). You will be spotted and when that happen, SU85 will turn and kill you even before you get near to start shooting at snipers.
12 Aug 2013, 08:45 AM

Permanently Banned
Guard are arguably too effective a light vehicle counter with PTSR, and scale to T3 armor counter with Button.

Gren/lmg spam is probably the best option atm with early PaK->Ostwind and then deliberate fuel control at the expense of VPs to try and delay SU85s or other doctrinal heavies until you can vet your Grens and push out more PaKs.

Fuel control and try to bleed his MP vs your own MP bleed on Grens and PaKs.
12 Aug 2013, 08:52 AM

strafingrun + P4 flanking
12 Aug 2013, 10:08 AM

So I have to use one specific commander with strafe (and "mighty" tiger) to counter common units built in nearly every game?
14 Aug 2013, 17:45 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2013, 10:08 AMPapinak
So I have to use one specific commander with strafe (and "mighty" tiger) to counter common units built in nearly every game?

Another way to counter this is Jaeger infantry or Lightening war Commanders.
14 Aug 2013, 18:15 PM

I don't think there is one specific build to counter it since Snipers + Guards + SU85 hard counter almost everything the Germans can make (inf/vehicles/tanks). I think the best chance is just waiting for him to make a mistake and over extend so you can isolate his units or make a big flank. It's basically the opponents responsibility to fuck up, because you just can't counter that combination of units unless they are used improperly. Mortars and artillery can work but its not reliable.
14 Aug 2013, 18:41 PM

RELIC wont answer this because they are too busy nerfing Germans and sucking up to russian whines ....

After russians moaned and whined, you will see lots of german nerfs and russian buffs to please the whiny russians.

For example since the closed BETA:
Panzergren shrek range NERFED
Panther NERFED
Flame HT NERFED
Strafe NERFED (yes this was needed but not to the extent its now where its useless)
OPEL NERFED big time (why would anyone spend 300mp when you can get a fuel cache for cheaper)
Panzer 4 NERFED (now it can hardly kill a conscript squad despite shooting at one for 2 minutes)
Tiger NERFED (su85 will win 1 v 1)
StuG NERFED
Ostwind NERFED

In the meantime they :

T70 buff (LOL Wut)
SU85 MEGA buff (should be renamed SU100 imho)

You know the funny thing about you is that all you do is whine about the same crap in every thread, up until reading your post i was actually interested in the discussion, then i hit your garbage suddenly i don't care. go cry somewhere else.
14 Aug 2013, 18:43 PM

Another way to counter this is Jaeger infantry or Lightening war Commanders.

Those two are IMHO not viable in 2v2 cuz theres no Elephant or Pak43 which means you cant stop SU85 rampage.

Basilone: Exactly, you have to wait and hope that he will fuck it up. That has nothing to do with strategy which is sad in strategy game.
14 Aug 2013, 19:05 PM

You know the funny thing about you is that all you do is whine about the same crap in every thread, up until reading your post i was actually interested in the discussion, then i hit your garbage suddenly i don't care. go cry somewhere else.

oh look the whiny troll is back .... It won't be too long before your banned.

Its funny how you keep trolling and abusing which other members have pointed out and still think anyone cares for your opinion. I pity you, living in mommas basement with no job, no gf and spend most of your timing flaming on a video game forum.

Get a life kid, I know you look like your avatar but try it aint too hard.
14 Aug 2013, 19:17 PM

oh look the whiny troll is back .... It won't be too long before your banned.

Its funny how you keep trolling and abusing which other members have pointed out and still think anyone cares for your opinion. I pity you, living in mommas basement with no job, no gf and spend most of your timing flaming on a video game forum.

Get a life kid, I know you look like your avatar but try it aint too hard.

banned for what? you going to get me banned for pointing out the obvious?
14 Aug 2013, 19:19 PM

mods?

Take a look at this guys post history ... he set his account up rather recently so probably one of the banned trolls on a new email id.
14 Aug 2013, 19:22 PM

mods?

Take a look at this guys post history ... he set his account up rather recently so probably one of the banned trolls on a new email id.

yea mods, please something about this guy. he contributes nothing but whines, whines and more whines, i doubt he even knows how to play this game, every post is nerf russians nerf this nerf that. give me a break already, you're the biggest cry baby on this forum, stop stalking me already
14 Aug 2013, 19:31 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Wow do you guys have to do the same ritual in every thread?
14 Aug 2013, 19:33 PM

Apparently we counter sniper/m3/guards by getting them drunk with whine. Meanwhile back at the ranch...
16 Aug 2013, 17:35 PM

Settle it with a 1v1 and move on...
16 Aug 2013, 17:41 PM

I don't know why people complain how Soviet is so OP. My stats are far better with German for some reason...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 52
Poland 13
United States 17
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %