Login

russian armor

US anti-tank nade minimum range

15 Aug 2017, 19:15 PM
Patrion 26

Did Relic ever explain why the US anti-tank rifle grenade has a minimum range? It feels totally unnecessary and can be exploited by good micro.
15 Aug 2017, 19:17 PM

Because USF must have poor AT options, that's why, assymetrical balance or something.
15 Aug 2017, 19:21 PM

Might have something to do with being able to upgrade to bazookas. Maybe they thought they deserved a finnicky snare since they can double-equip zooks, but I agree it's dumb.

You drive straight at the squad it can force-cancel the snare if you get to the minimum range before it fires and that's been possible since WFA launch. Seems like something they should of fixed by now.
15 Aug 2017, 19:22 PM

No idea. Seems weird too since they reworked both OKW and USF snares from skillshots at the same time and the OKW one is basically a clone of the Soviet version.
15 Aug 2017, 19:55 PM
Patrion 26

It sounds like it's probably worth removing it as part of the next patch.
15 Aug 2017, 20:03 PM

Might have something to do with being able to upgrade to bazookas. Maybe they thought they deserved a finnicky snare since they can double-equip zooks, but I agree it's dumb.

You drive straight at the squad it can force-cancel the snare if you get to the minimum range before it fires and that's been possible since WFA launch. Seems like something they should of fixed by now.

Lol if. A kt could make it there before the guy fires off the riflenade its that slow.

Sidenote: I think (I'm not certain, I don't use them often) that the same problem applies to pfusies.
15 Aug 2017, 21:36 PM

It's obvious to meet the reality.

Handled weapon easier to use at target far away from you.
15 Aug 2017, 22:08 PM

It's obvious to meet the reality.

Handled weapon easier to use at target far away from you.

Tell that to panzerfausts, bazookas, at rifles, sniper rifles, lmgs, piats, and panzerschrecks before you talk about riflemen's riflenades lol. An at grenade at the end of a garand is significantly lighter than an 50+ mm shoulder fired at rocket launcher, but they don't have minimum ranges
15 Aug 2017, 22:19 PM

Did Relic ever explain why the US anti-tank rifle grenade has a minimum range? It feels totally unnecessary and can be exploited by good micro.

I think because it's more or less copied from grenadier riflenades.
15 Aug 2017, 22:24 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Regardless of why it has a minimum range, I think most here agree that it makes the ability more clunky to use and should be removed.
15 Aug 2017, 22:42 PM

Because USF must have poor AT options, that's why, assymetrical balance or something.

This is why assymetrical balance socks and just doesn't work. Relic adding the mortar to the USF, MG34 and Panzer 4 to the OKW as well as a lot of British players wanting a mobile mortar further proves this.
15 Aug 2017, 23:08 PM

Tell that
It was a joke.

Seems like u never throw a stone into target, i tell you a sectret but never tell it to anyone Than closer your target its more easier to hit it.
16 Aug 2017, 01:29 AM

I too don't see the point of the minimum range. It takes forever to fire anyhow which is enough of a drawback really.
16 Aug 2017, 03:44 AM

Is it maybe for the sake of the animation? I know that has no business affecting balance but it would look a bit squiffy kinda lobing straight up and what not wouldnt it?
16 Aug 2017, 04:15 AM

IMO, doesn't really make sense from a gameplay perspective to have a minimum range. It's not like they could kill themselves with it, and they don't have the same range as Grenadier rifle grenades either.
16 Aug 2017, 05:06 AM

This is why assymetrical balance socks and just doesn't work. Relic adding the mortar to the USF, MG34 and Panzer 4 to the OKW as well as a lot of British players wanting a mobile mortar further proves this.

Assymetrical Balance is good when it adds unique flavour and gameplay options to factions, not when it removes basic tools for their baseline rooster, like USF not having mines or flamers.
16 Aug 2017, 05:24 AM

Assymetrical Balance is good when it adds unique flavour and gameplay options to factions, not when it removes basic tools for their baseline rooster, like USF not having mines or flamers.

Relic knew what they were doing. Strategy games are not that easy, there are very few players that actually play them. This is why some factions are designed in a way to encourage less gifted people to play RTS. So dont worry about balance while playing handicapped, have mercy on those who have problems with strategic thinking and microing. Some people just need a little advantage because in other circumanstances they would be completely unable to compete. :)
16 Aug 2017, 12:35 PM

Relic knew what they were doing. Strategy games are not that easy, there are very few players that actually play them. This is why some factions are designed in a way to encourage less gifted people to play RTS. So dont worry about balance while playing handicapped, have mercy on those who have problems with strategic thinking and microing. Some people just need a little advantage because in other circumanstances they would be completely unable to compete. :)

Like OKW's strength early and late game?
16 Aug 2017, 12:36 PM

Like OKW's strength early and late game?

OKW is just complete bullshit at this point. Also vet 5 lol.
16 Aug 2017, 12:54 PM

OKW is just complete bullshit at this point. Also vet 5 lol.

Yeah... My favorite are the guys who play it because "Wehrmacht is totally underpowered!", who don't even touch 1vs1... The one mode OKW weakness can be exploited, Double OKW in 2vs2 is so unfun to play against, these were the people bitching about Britos I bet.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Mexico 18
United Kingdom 147
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak