Login

russian armor

Access to balance forum should be restricted

11 Aug 2017, 20:54 PM

Balance forum should be a place for people who want to improve the gameplay and bring actual BALANCE to the game. Too many people around here are onetrick ponies, biased who play only faction or side and either intentionally or unintentionally derail topics and simply troll. I mean people like InsaneHoshi guy who is literally trolling most topics in balance forum who played 4k games as OKW and 100 games total of all allied factions. This guy either has no clue about the game or no intention to actually change it and make it more balanced. What else am I supposed to think about a person with such imbalanced game experience? Someone who played over 4k games with OKW will willingly allows and support OKW nerfs or allied units buffs? Ofcourse not, he will do everything possible to stop any change. He clearly enjoyes the game enough as it is to not even try other factions. I mean after 11 usf games he must be an expert on the usf units correct?

My solution is plain and simple, implement a rank restriction. For instance top 100, 200 or 300 with every faction not just one in the same specific mode. Access to balance forum should be granted only to people who pass those requirements, were cleared by a mod and show their playercard at all times. I think that would improve the quality of the discussion and remove all the trolls and fanboys. This way balance topics would actually give some valuable ideas and feedback and wouldnt be slowed down by people trolling are opposing any change.
11 Aug 2017, 20:57 PM

Lol.

Isn't there a thread like this every few months when someone gets all personal over a balance question?
11 Aug 2017, 21:23 PM

Lol.

Isn't there a thread like this every few months when someone gets all personal over a balance question?

I hope not, otherwise that would mean that balance forum is pointless. It doesnt have to be impossibly high but at least showing that a player has versatile faction experience and understand the game well enough. There are a lot of other forums where inexperienced, biased or retarded people can create topics but at least there they wont be taken seriously. Balance forum on the other hand is a place where we can actually share ideas that can bring balance to the force. So yeah, restrict access and remove trolls.
11 Aug 2017, 21:43 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I am only going to say this once. All opinions are valid, as long as they are constructive. Everyone has the right to their own opinions. Whether or not they could/should implemented or not is left up to discussion in said thread. The Admins and Moderators on CoH2.org have done a great job at locking threads that no longer constructive such as trying to attack each other (or necros). These desired restrictions are not needed for everyone is entitled a opinion and voice.
11 Aug 2017, 22:03 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I am only going to say this once. All opinions are valid, as long as they are constructive. Everyone has the right to their own opinions. Whether or not they could/should implemented or not is left up to discussion in said thread. The Admins and Moderators on CoH2.org have done a great job at locking threads that no longer constructive such as trying to attack each other (or necros). These desired restrictions are not needed for everyone is entitled a opinion and voice.

This guy is 100/10 :thumb: Well said.
11 Aug 2017, 22:06 PM

So someone who plays 4k games with one faction and 10 games with another faction, presents no ideas for how to improve the balance but attacks every idea is ok? Someone who makes every effort possible to derail the discussion is ok? His or hers point of view is still valid?

Arent balance notions supposed to be supported by balanced gameplay experience? So in your viewpoint even if Im a complete ignorant fuck and a troll but can express my concepts in a persuasive and eloquent manner my viewpoint is valid?

Yeah I guess I should fucking troll too :) why not
11 Aug 2017, 22:10 PM

You're confusing expressing views and opinions with views and opinions being considered.
11 Aug 2017, 22:14 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I'm against rank restricted balance arguments since, well, valid arguments are valid and invalid arguments are invalid. A valid argument doesn't suddenly become invalid because the person who made the argument is low rank, and an invalid argument doesn't suddenly become valid because the person who made the argument is a high rank. If you insist, however, we can make it top 30 and exclude you from the balance discussions since you wanted high rank people who actually understand the game.
11 Aug 2017, 22:19 PM

If you insist, however, we can make it top 30 and exclude you from the balance discussions since you wanted high rank people who actually understand the game.

Yes, please but lets make it on every faction so you get exluded from the discussion too ^^
11 Aug 2017, 22:20 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Yes, please but lets make it on every faction so you get exluded from the discussion too ^^

Then I'd just start playing ostheer and soviets. I'm already on my way to top 30 for brits, so thats taken care of.
11 Aug 2017, 22:25 PM

Then I'd just start playing ostheer and soviets. I'm already on my way to top 30 for brits, so thats taken care of.

But you're not there yet :) keep improving friend, but until then you wouldnt pass the requirement you provided
11 Aug 2017, 22:29 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

But you're not there yet :) keep improving friend, but until then you wouldnt pass the requirement you provided

I didn't provide that requirement...you did.....umm.....not sure what else to say when you make up words like that...

Also, its not really about improving so much as it is just playing the matches to get me to the rank.
11 Aug 2017, 22:41 PM

I didn't provide that requirement...you did.....umm.....not sure what else to say when you make up words like that...

Also, its not really about improving so much as it is just playing the matches to get me to the rank.

I said top 100, 200, 300 you said top 30. I also said "with all factions" you clearly didnt read that part so top 30 was supposed to somehow get rid of me ^^ but you didnt state with all factions like I did. Thats why I preasumed this to be your requirement not mine. Now troll more trying to twist my words against me ^^ Sad troll you are.

Listen, if there was a requirement to be at least top30 with every faction I would more then gladly welcome it. Even if I myself wouldnt be able to be a part of the discussion I would be happy to read valuable insights of those who are. Assuming that you would be in that top 30 with every faction or that I wouldnt is just that, an assumption and nothing else. My point still stands, it would improve the quality of the this forum and of any conversation. There is a third factor, games played by faction, for instance when someone has played 1k games with one faction and only 27 games with another. That also tells us something about how balanced that someones point of view is.

Now could you explain to my how would that kind of restriction negatively impact forum quality? You only suggested that every point made by everyone is valid if its sound ^^ well if thats the test of quality on this forum then there is no quality here ^^
11 Aug 2017, 22:46 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

There is a third factor, games played by faction, for instance when someone has played 1k games with one faction and only 27 games with another. That also tells us something about how balanced that someones point of view is.

It tells you something about what factions I enjoy playing.
11 Aug 2017, 22:52 PM

This guy could control the medieval mediterranean trade sphere with the amount of salt he mines.
11 Aug 2017, 23:37 PM

there is a huge difference of someone being top 50 or 100 and only play axis (me)

and then you have the 4v4 randoms who suck and still think they have a say in the game.

be bias all you want, its clear when people dont have the slightest clue on what they are talking about.

i invite anyone to look at all my previous post, call me bias, call me axis fanboy. i would say 80-90% of my complaints have been true and resulted in a buff/nerf. so i may talk bias, but my bias are true.
12 Aug 2017, 02:10 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

This. It's up to the users to decide who is worth to acknowledge.

On the other hand, i'm all in favour of a requirement to show someones playercard in order to post on gameplay/balance. No rank, faction or mode required, just show that you have/had played the game.
Less smurfs/troll acounts and gives a context from where the OP gives an opinion.
12 Aug 2017, 03:18 AM

I think a lot of it has to do with game mode and a lot of cross talk without people specifying from where their opinion is coming from - if there was specific balance threads for team games vs 1v1 conversation might be a bit more constructive. Now people who only have 10 posts total and clearly have an axe to grind with specific factions... no great loss there if they were locked out :P

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★