Login

russian armor

Usf stock grenades

9 Aug 2017, 22:27 PM

Hey does anyone else feel like the normal pineapple grenade cost too many munitions?
They cost 30 munitions each and require multiple of them to clear out garrisons.

Please leave your opinion. :)
9 Aug 2017, 22:52 PM

They just aren't meant for garrisons really. Try using rifle or armor company for flamers if you're having trouble with them. I don't end up throwing a lot of nades except at non-garrisoned mgs or blobs or squads I think I can wipe/my opponent isn't paying attention to.
9 Aug 2017, 23:22 PM

Yeah it's more of a punish for lack of micro/attention when lobbed at normal squads. Great for wiping an MG teams outside garrisons though.

Don't forget that you need to throw where the models are facing out of when using a nade to maximize your chance to kill models and clear a garrison.

However don't bother using nades on non-MG garrisoned squads, a decent player will just hop out their squad right before the nade goes off and then hop right back in before you can even try to steal the garrison, so you just wasted muni for nothing.
9 Aug 2017, 23:33 PM

Yes, If I use them, it is only for mgs or mortars. Every 2 throws could equal one bar. As usf you cannot tech grenades first without leaving holes in your strategy. If you want to have counters to light vehicles, you better unlock bars and zooks and go captain. Also, you will need bars to compete with upgraded volks. Investing too much fuel, early, into semi-useful and expensive grenades is too risky, but it does come with a package.
Smoke is worth though, but mortar smoke is more efficient. :)
9 Aug 2017, 23:38 PM

Use the USF Mortar or the Pack Howitzer to demolish garrison while saving your munitions, Frags are to flush enemies out of cover or kill team weapons, though if you have several engagements and lob them with different squads you might get some easy wipes.
10 Aug 2017, 18:46 PM

Either they cost too much or they need to be better, considering it cost fuel to unlock them. They should be more like PG grenades. I mean against high level players they easily move and avoid them. Yeah they can be great at killing weapons teams, and small house garrisons that are destroyed in one grenade. However most arent gonna put mgs teams in weak houses and usually it takes multiple grenades to wipe the wep team in the house. Infantry in houses just jump out then jump back in and laugh at you, you can try throwing at the door trick but most have multiple doors. I dunno seems like obers and PG aoe is fn huge and the timer is shorter or something cause i can move as far away from one of there grenades and still get wiped, USF one move just a hair away no dmg.

Which also makes me think of another point on how much USF has the worst garrison capabilities of any faction.

10 Aug 2017, 20:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2017, 18:46 PMRocket
I dunno seems like obers and PG aoe is fn huge and the timer is shorter or something cause i can move as far away from one of there grenades and still get wiped, USF one move just a hair away no dmg.

PGs and Obers use the Bundle nade which has much better aoe.
10 Aug 2017, 20:44 PM

They definitely can't be as good as bundle grenades; however, the anti-garrison capabilities and price to unlock and use is what bothers me. Going for early grenade unlock is not advised. Investing 25 fuel into grenades and ambo will delay your at and weapon upgrades. It would be neat if changes were made to make opening with grenades more viable.
10 Aug 2017, 21:29 PM

They still wipe if one is not quick to move (even behind green cover sometimes) and for the fuel cost you get the smoke grenade too which you know can win tournament by itself (they both work well for late game too ) if you want bad grenade ask the Brits and the mills bomb
11 Aug 2017, 00:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2017, 20:10 PMDomine

Don't forget the 50% damage!
Incrases lethality too.
11 Aug 2017, 00:36 AM

Yeah it's more of a punish for lack of micro/attention when lobbed at normal squads. Great for wiping an MG teams outside garrisons though.

Don't forget that you need to throw where the models are facing out of when using a nade to maximize your chance to kill models and clear a garrison.

However don't bother using nades on non-MG garrisoned squads, a decent player will just hop out their squad right before the nade goes off and then hop right back in before you can even try to steal the garrison, so you just wasted muni for nothing.

Throwing them at doors when normal infantry are garrisoned will sometimes lead to some epic wipes though, and they'll still do a little damage to the inf inside if they don't hop out.
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2017, 20:10 PMDomine

And straight up more damage. They have a much wider kill radius even not taking into account their wider general AoE. Pineapples will often leave models with like a smidge of health left if they move even just a little.
They definitely can't be as good as bundle grenades; however, the anti-garrison capabilities and price to unlock and use is what bothers me. Going for early grenade unlock is not advised. Investing 25 fuel into grenades and ambo will delay your at and weapon upgrades. It would be neat if changes were made to make opening with grenades more viable.

Sadly, I don't think that'll ever happen. There'd be a lot of rage from axis players if nades were free with first officer or something, and even then, you'd get slaughtered by dirt-cheap stg volks in the midgame without getting bars on your riflemen, and/or by luchs/222 if you don't get zooks too. That's a lot of fkin muni even if you don't throw a single nade till after all those weapons (which is what I do in 99.9% of games).
They still wipe if one is not quick to move (even behind green cover sometimes) and for the fuel cost you get the smoke grenade too which you know can win tournament by itself (they both work well for late game too ) if you want bad grenade ask the Brits and the mills bomb

They shouldn't ever wipe full health squads behind green cover unless the riflemen throwing the nade are behind their cover or the enemy tries to move them at the very very last second and the models all get out of green cover (happens with all factions sometimes lol) since they only do half damage to squads that are in green cover and facing the right way. I thought mills bombs were basically pineapple grenades. Even if they are, they still suck because they're on tommies and don't come with smoke nades.
11 Aug 2017, 01:39 AM

It cost so much compared to the bar/zooks upgrade. Even the mills bomb and Molotov prices seem inflated. I believe they took the wrong direction when they gave usf a mortar. The smoke and pineapple grenades are what makes usf unique.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 37
Germany 740
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak