Login

russian armor

Tanks

17 May 2017, 15:26 PM

So many times we see a lonely Panther or Tiger against 3 or 4 Allied tanks (comets, M4Cs, T34/85s, Easy8s, M10s) that it is just not OK. Something is very wrong, specially in 1v1. This is not asymetrical balance, it is simply unbalanced game.

https://youtu.be/qYqgl6rV0gI?t=9090

Plus, allied tanks are good against infantry aswell.
Plus, they´re cheaper, faster and have more ROF.
Plus, allies have way better TDs to hunt tanks down.
Plus, allies have better scouting (to locate tanks).
Plus, allies have better arty units (to destroy Paks that defend theyre tanks).
Plus, allies have better infantry (Penals, Tommis, Riflemen) so they can cap points and have more resources.

I dont know, I think that axis tanks are not better than allies in this game. That is simply a myth.
They dont have better damage, nor ROF, nor armor, and you cannot afford more than one or two of the same.
17 May 2017, 16:24 PM

Hi, if you think you're hopeless against certain allied strategy/build do not hesitate to post a replay, in which you've lost to the certain stategy, into the State Office.

There are many active members, who are eager to help you ;)
17 May 2017, 16:26 PM

Mate, im clearly an more axis player, but i have played every faction for over 200 games, and with okw its nearly 1000, and i am in top 60 with it, so i hope to credibly say that :

1. Axis (OKW)tanks > Allied tanks
P4H > Sherman, T76 both variants, and is even with Cromwell

2. Jagdpanzer > every destroyer around (try cheat mode if u dont believe)

Dont build panthers, almost never, they are subpar in both AT and AI in what P4s and Jagpdpanther are great on, and if u can afford combo pf p4 and jagdpanther. (Only comandpanther is duable in specific situations)

3. About scouting : dont loose kubel, use panzerfussies, vecichle scout ability from sturmtiger tech (btw great tank killer in certain maps), and especialy cloacked vet 1 raks.

As i learned the game back in hard days, when there was massive fuel penalty, then i found beuty of double rak ambushes (they kill everything, just dont use em too early, so that first shot isnt on long range) Double P4s, jagdpanzer and 2 raks, is all u need in 1v1, if u manage till that, u win. 5vet volks (or 2 obers if volks somehow died), sturpio, 2 liegs and 1/2 mg34s will make your army to be ready to rape everything, just focus down enemies team weapons, and always use salvage on them, or if u can A attack destroy them with tanks/raks.

About the replay, if u can see - the axis player could afford another panther , and double panther + raks would have stoped M4cs spam easly.

The only hard start is M10 spam with usf, but raks + mines does wonders there.
17 May 2017, 16:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2017, 15:26 PMLeo251
So many times we see a lonely Panther or Tiger against 3 or 4 Allied tanks (comets, M4Cs, T34/85s, Easy8s, M10s) that it is just not OK. Something is very wrong, specially in 1v1. This is not asymetrical balance, it is simply unbalanced game.

Plus, allies have better infantry (Penals, Tommis, Riflemen) so they can cap points and have more resources.

I dont know, I think that axis tanks are not better than allies in this game. That is simply a myth.
They dont have better damage, nor ROF, nor armor, and you cannot afford more than one or two of the same.

Out of the the six things list you made, only the 2 and 6 are true+ 6 is also more than made up for by a higher cost
17 May 2017, 17:04 PM

just like 2 stug beaten 1 pershing
more gun more damage more rof

- better infantry?
more expensive = stronger
if it was weaker that mean they have more utilities/abilities or vet bonus or the other thing that they can do better but not the firepower

17 May 2017, 19:15 PM

Don't let the Allies get double fuel.
17 May 2017, 20:03 PM

Invissed four posts. Only one was actually egregious, the other three were either off-topic or quoting said poor post.
17 May 2017, 21:55 PM

I have the feeling that the German medium armour is pretty poor (or at least unreliable) against allied infantry which is a big problem, since that is exactly what you need during the midgame. Compared to Shermans with he, Cromwells and T34s, they just don't bring satisfactory results. The TD on the otherhand overperform, Stugs are cheap and very potent with target weakpoint and the JP4 is outright ccheating when reaching vet 5...
17 May 2017, 21:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2017, 16:26 PMArnoLaz

1. Axis (OKW)tanks > Allied tanks
P4H > Sherman, T76 both variants, and is even with Cromwell
2. Jagdpanzer > every destroyer around (try cheat mode if u dont believe)

Dont build panthers, almost never, they are subpar in both AT and AI in what P4s and Jagpdpanther are great on, and if u can afford combo pf p4 and jagdpanther. (Only comandpanther is duable in specific situations)

The only hard start is M10 spam with usf, but raks + mines does wonders there.

+1 on Panthers
They are a MP/Fuel sink that are just not worth it.

OP, I would try out this guy's strategy, he sounds like he knows his stuff
18 May 2017, 14:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2017, 21:55 PMGarrett
I have the feeling that the German medium armour is pretty poor (or at least unreliable) against allied infantry which is a big problem, since that is exactly what you need during the midgame. Compared to Shermans with he, Cromwells and T34s, they just don't bring satisfactory results. The TD on the otherhand overperform, Stugs are cheap and very potent with target weakpoint and the JP4 is outright ccheating when reaching vet 5...

That's because every single allied infantry unit in the game with very few exceptions have a snare. All front line infantry have one and even 'secondary' ones have a snare like the Penals.

OKW Panzer 4 needs to get to Vet2 or so before it starts to become an infantry destroying machine. And it also needs vet to not bounce shells off almost any tank. That can be hard when you are getting snared at every turn. But work on your micro and you will get a feel for what the distance should be to avoid snares.

You can also YOLO charge blobs with P4's and Panthers and crush infantry. It's a little harder to do than some allied tanks but it can be done.
18 May 2017, 14:35 PM

Lolololololololololol.

Lmao.

Talking about panther and he says it has worse armor than allied tanks.
18 May 2017, 14:38 PM

That's because every single allied infantry unit in the game with very few exceptions have a snare. All front line infantry have one and even 'secondary' ones have a snare like the Penals.

OKW Panzer 4 needs to get to Vet2 or so before it starts to become an infantry destroying machine. And it also needs vet to not bounce shells off almost any tank. That can be hard when you are getting snared at every turn. But work on your micro and you will get a feel for what the distance should be to avoid snares.

You can also YOLO charge blobs with P4's and Panthers and crush infantry. It's a little harder to do than some allied tanks but it can be done.

Axis too though. And the riflenade snare usf gets also takes an hour, but it is there, nonetheless.

When you go to crush infantry, don't forget to use combat blitz. Apparently it also gives 100% accuracy too lol (effective against tanks, scatter determines precision against infantry IIRC).
18 May 2017, 22:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2017, 15:26 PMLeo251

Honestly in that game if he would have gone Panther instead of Panzer IV first he probably would have done fine.

It is also true that the P IV really struggles against all allied mediums whilst also being less lethal against infantry (this being down to smaller squad sizes) and IMO not really worth a buy as OKW. It is better with Wehr because you can get multiple ones out easier and support it with Stugs.

As OKW its better just saving up for a Panther, seeing its not that much more fuel and can deal with 2 allied mediums quite well. The OKW Panzer IV just seems to come at a really awkward time because its quite expensive. The price also means that allies are most likely to get out a second tank whilst you only have one P IV, at which point it is heavily outmatched. This applies doubly when playing against lend lease.

As wehr you have stugs as other people mentioned, but the timing is not quite as bad as it is with OKW P IV. The tools are definitely there to deal with allied mediums, but I feel as though allies definitely get more of a power spike when mediums come out, which I guess is fair enough because they usually dont have heavier tanks to fall back on.
19 May 2017, 00:13 AM

The axis player in the replay had 100 more fuel than the allied player, after building a PIV. This is with the allied player having access to fuel drops (tho I didn't watch the game and see if he'd used them).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 60
Korea, Republic Of 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment