Login

russian armor

Bundled/LGB nades need an AOE/Garrison nerf

11 May 2017, 02:48 AM

Look, I know that LGB has been discussed to death already, but Bundled nades also share some of the blame. So many times I had an MG inside a FULL HEALTH garrison and had Commandos come up and throw their cheese bombs or PzGrens under suppression but manage to sneak in a nade into the garrison. I decided to tank its damage thinking that a full health MG inside it would at least survive with a bit of health so it can suppress any other squads left, but the garrison instead collapses and bringing my MG with it. I'm like wtf so I decided to test them out, and I found out that they 100% COLLAPSE all wooden garrisons that are seen in 1v1/2v2 if the AOE covers the building and can knock stone buildings 30/40% of their health(or more depending on size). Like what the hell, garrisons should offer protection, not a death trap against these nukes. You pay like 45 muni for a garrison buster with less than half the fuse time of Penal satchels. In maps like Crossroads if you don't start evacuating your MGs when PzGrens, Commandos throw their bombs you might as well keep them inside and deny the MG instead.

Also the AOE profile of this thing is insane, like if the model is standing at the edge of the red circle they still take massive damage from it. So if you want to be completely clear of the grenade you have to start moving the moment the animation starts and if you're start dodging too late, you still lose a few models and if you're unlucky the entire squad.
11 May 2017, 07:53 AM

I agree, some buildings (except the very small ones, the huts) have far to little Health.
No building should get destroyed with one grenade.
11 May 2017, 09:54 AM

Are assault grenades still the death to every building? If so, nerf those too lol.
11 May 2017, 10:33 AM

Are assault grenades still the death to every building? If so, nerf those too lol.

To every wooden building ? Yes they are
11 May 2017, 10:47 AM
Strategist Badge

Buildings are horribly implemented into the game so I'm fine with them dying then they get looked at sideways.

The nades are a problem tho. Less so on Pgrens as the unit cant camo like Commando's with LGB. I think giving the nade a really large AOE but less damage, disperse the damage somewhat.
11 May 2017, 12:30 PM

The garrison meta is the unsung little brother of call-in meta. Everybody can immediately come up with 10 ideas about how to fix call-ins, or how to fix infiltration units. It's not so easy for garrison meta. If the only answer is "don't use stone buildings", why not nerf stone buildings instead, etc.

On topic:
IMO gammon bombs/bundle nades just shouldn't wipe as hard as they do.
- Keep their damage the same (so that they can harm bunkers/emplacements/etc)
- Keep their far AoE the same (so that they deal a lot of damage to squads)
- but, reduce their one-hit kill radius to that of an ordinary grenade
- Reduce bundle nade price to 40 muni
- LGB come with a longer fuse, if they are launched through camouflage
- And of course, infiltration units should come with all grenades on cooldown the moment they spawn

The squads that carry those grenades deal already good enough DPS to bleed wounded squads; you don't need an "Oh, I blinked; oh-my squad is gone now"-type of wipe to make things more complicated than they are.
11 May 2017, 13:24 PM

For a whopping 15 munitions! (IIRC)
Buildings are horribly implemented into the game so I'm fine with them dying then they get looked at sideways.

The nades are a problem tho. Less so on Pgrens as the unit cant camo like Commando's with LGB. I think giving the nade a really large AOE but less damage, disperse the damage somewhat.

I think that'd be cool. Less cheesy wiping of mgs from camo right in front of their faces, but still punishes lone support teams as the stens will finish them off. I think it'd also help commandos deal with blobs, something that they're not very good at right now without a very well placed gammon bomb out of camo.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 16
South Africa 1
United Kingdom 138
Germany 20
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L