Login

russian armor

Soooo... DSHKAS?

1 May 2017, 20:23 PM

When will the nerf hammer hit this thing? For the uninitiated this MG is Maxim on steroids. Insta suppress, high damage, AP rounds, extremely durable and not too mention comes in a meta commander. I've seen units all in green cover managed to get suppressed facing the MG and I'm like WTF. Seriously, the reason why DSHKAs wasn't used pre-nerf Maxim was because Maxims come earlier and didn't force a commander pick.
1 May 2017, 20:29 PM

Amazing how a unit that isn't changed or touch becomes OP because of popularity.

I admit, it's OP. The most lethal MG in the game currently, with instapin and all. But I mean a week ago it was normal lol, I mean anyone could use it or not use it. Just funny how that works. Now it's in every game.

I smell cheese
1 May 2017, 20:35 PM
Donator 11

This is the last and only soviet early game unit that hasn't been changed since launch. Everything else has been in almost all cases these have been nerfs. No wonder that the unit is being overused if whole faction around it has been scaled down with time.

The same problem applied to maxim pre patch - even after so many nerfs it was still the best non doctrinal unit soviets had in early game.
2 May 2017, 01:25 AM

It is in an odd doctrine with the worst air supply run in the game and IIRC it costs over 300mp and doesn't come real early (so not as spammable as ye olde a-move maxim).
2 May 2017, 04:38 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

This is the last and only soviet early game unit that hasn't been changed since launch. Everything else has been in almost all cases these have been nerfs. No wonder that the unit is being overused if whole faction around it has been scaled down with time.

The same problem applied to maxim pre patch - even after so many nerfs it was still the best non doctrinal unit soviets had in early game.

+1

PD: They got CP nerf. They used to come at 0CP.

Amazing how a unit that isn't changed or touch becomes OP because of popularity.

If you remove predators/counters of certain unit, then it becomes easier for that unit to be OP. If you nerf everything into fairness levels, whatever hasn't been changed becomes the new OP popular build.

Ex: if you remove Ele/JT from the game, people will bitch about ISU152 (on HE mode).
Ex2: if you delay faust, people start to cry about M3 clowncar (when in the past it was even worst since you actually didn't have any faust at all).
2 May 2017, 04:46 AM

+1

PD: They got CP nerf. They used to come at 0CP.

If you remove predators/counters of certain unit, then it becomes easier for that unit to be OP. If you nerf everything into fairness levels, whatever hasn't been changed becomes the new OP popular build.

Ex: if you remove Ele/JT from the game, people will bitch about ISU152 (on HE mode).
Ex2: if you delay faust, people start to cry about M3 clowncar (when in the past it was even worst since you actually didn't have any faust at all).

It used to be 0CP? OpieOP.
2 May 2017, 04:59 AM

Without nerfs to the OKW lategame, their infantry in general and their Wunderwaffe I think additional Soviet nerfs are out of place

But yes, if anything else, its instapinningsupression and ridicolous damage needs to go. Right now you can charge dusha against the hmg42, wait until you get pinned and then kill hmg42 at poin blank within few seconds. I dont know if I remember it right, but dushka was ninja-buffed some time ago (nobody noticed :ph34r:) and now it deals ~70 DPS at close range (when not supressed) OpieOP.
2 May 2017, 05:41 AM

Agree the DSHK is a strong MG but just look a little more closely into the commander options before you pour salt everywhere.

You have to choose and choose it early, often without exactly knowing what your opponent has chosen.

Its an early to mid game gamble.... If your opponent has chosen this you know they wont have decent call ins or artillery for a strong late game.
2 May 2017, 05:47 AM

Without nerfs to the OKW lategame, their infantry in general and their Wunderwaffe I think additional Soviet nerfs are out of place

But yes, if anything else, its instapinningsupression and ridicolous damage needs to go. Right now you can charge dusha against the hmg42, wait until you get pinned and then kill hmg42 at poin blank within few seconds. I dont know if I remember it right, but dushka was ninja-buffed some time ago (nobody noticed :ph34r:) and now it deals ~70 DPS at close range (when not supressed) OpieOP.

70 dps? Wow. Just wow. I'm somewhat in awe. Gonna have to go grab me one of these in a teamgame XD

Edit: does that make it a somewhat reliable way to deal with engine damaged light vehicles? Like, could you at nade a luchs a couple of times and set a Dshk loose on it without even using the AP rounds? (Is it reliable with the AP rounds too?)
2 May 2017, 05:58 AM

I honestly don't get all the fuzz about the Dshka. Just play against it how you played against Maxim spam. The only thing different is that Dshkas can't be spammed because they don't arrive at 0 CP anymore and cost a lot of MP.

2 May 2017, 08:10 AM

Permanently Banned
Axis lovers troll tread, close it guys.
2 May 2017, 08:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2017, 05:41 AMClerv
before you pour salt everywhere.
You have to choose and choose it early, often without exactly knowing what your opponent has chosen.
Its an early to mid game gamble.... If your opponent has chosen this you know they wont have decent call ins or artillery for a strong late game.

+1
2 May 2017, 08:45 AM

If you nerf this mg, the soviets have no viable early game suppression platform left. The nerfs for the Maxim were so severe, that people will now resort to the doctrine that provides them the same synergy that the old maxim spam gave them whilst being able to stall for call in spam.

The general problem here is not the DHSK as a unit (although it is OP and insta pins lol), but rather the Soviet early game as a whole. The maxim nerfs only harshly showed this to us again.
2 May 2017, 09:25 AM

The general problem here is not the DHSK as a unit (although it is OP and insta pins lol), but rather the Soviet early game as a whole. The maxim nerfs only harshly showed this to us again.

This. The problem is no stock Soviet early unit is worth overinvesting in. Fixed conscripts, less DSHKA and other cheese.
2 May 2017, 09:57 AM

All Soviet faction suffering from old design. Initially when Cold Tech was active, soviet abilities to flare mines (and other lighting abilities) and vehicle capping points (when infatry can not moving witout risk to freeze, vehicle with ability to cap being very potent) were viable (because field of view in blizzard being narrow all this abilities gave to player very good synergy to winter battles). Maxim story have the same roots.
2 May 2017, 13:36 PM

Whats the DSHK cost? Isnt it like 300or 340 or something? In lend lease (good commander of course) and defensive tactics. Its AT is inferior to the 50 cal if i recall, its dps is great but i mean.... Its the most expensive mg in the game...
2 May 2017, 19:10 PM
Donator 11

But if I recall it has very low reinforcement cost? If so perhaps that should be tweaked
2 May 2017, 19:37 PM

i think its fine other than the instapinning squads and sprint, don't think any MGs should be given vet 1 sprint ability it's too ridiculous. Should be given the same vet 1 treatment maxim gets right now
2 May 2017, 20:24 PM

Could probably just mirror it to the USF .50 Cal TBH - it has similar traits like Sprint at Vet 1 and AP rounds and when is the last time you heard anyone bitch about USF HMG?

Honestly though, people are only bitching about DSHK now because it's popular after the Maxim nerf - it's mostly just knee jerk complaining because people are seeing it more now and therefore are attributing it more to their losses. I don't mind it so much because when you steal it you get to have the delicious suppression as OKW :P
2 May 2017, 21:41 PM

If you nefr DShK people gonna build... uhm... honestly, I can't remember a soviet unit that hasn't it's own 'op pls nerf'-thread. You nerf something - people find something useful and starting to use it - you nerf it - REPEAT.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 38
unknown 21
Poland 9
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %