Login

russian armor

AEC Treadbreaker

Vaz
30 Apr 2017, 06:42 AM

I never bothered with this ability before this last patch. I've been playing some British the past two days and have been using this ability every game to see how well it works. I had heard it was buggy before, but I'm not getting any bug. It's firing the shot, but no treads are getting broken. Just some temporary engine difficulty on the target and then they are fine (well usually it's under attack by other stuff and gets destroyed). So, is this ability supposed to do some kind of horrible permanent damage to the target, like immobilize? The description does mention that there are two outcomes, I just keep getting the one that is easy for the opponent to recover from.
30 Apr 2017, 07:34 AM

You are supposed to wait for the 2nd shot to fire too.

If you move after firing your first shot the ability cancels without refund.
30 Apr 2017, 08:03 AM

First Shot:-60% speed, -70% rotation speed, -70% maximum speed.

Second Shot: Immobilizes for 7 seconds.
Vaz
30 Apr 2017, 23:34 PM

hmm, so it's not as horrible as an m6, but timed right it will assure destruction. Sometimes in team games a bunch of my allies will send a gang of tanks to a heavy tank destroyer. If I sent a vet1 AEC it would be screwed.
1 May 2017, 01:15 AM

It could do with not being tied to vet seeing how its the brits only tank control
1 May 2017, 05:13 AM

Do both shots always penetrate (I figure this is an obvious yes but thought I'd ask) and do both shots do damage?
1 May 2017, 08:46 AM

Do both shots always penetrate (I figure this is an obvious yes but thought I'd ask) and do both shots do damage?

As far as I remember testing this ability, both shots deal damage. I'm not sure about pen though
1 May 2017, 09:04 AM

1000 penetration (guaranteed), 40 damage each (as opposed to 120 damage for vanilla shots).

It could do with not being tied to vet seeing how its the brits only tank control

Maybe, but let's see how the AEC fares with the current stats and how Brits fare with their current loadout first.

One issue with AEC starting with snare from Vet0 is that the snare could come out of the blue, before you've even registered this as a threat. If the snare comes earlier, it should be considerably weaker at Vet0.

The AEC has spent 1 year being a no-brainer choice. Let's see how it fares now that there are tradeoffs to make.
1 May 2017, 13:05 PM

1000 penetration (guaranteed), 40 damage each (as opposed to 120 damage for vanilla shots).

Maybe, but let's see how the AEC fares with the current stats and how Brits fare with their current loadout first.

One issue with AEC starting with snare from Vet0 is that the snare could come out of the blue, before you've even registered this as a threat. If the snare comes earlier, it should be considerably weaker at Vet0.

The AEC has spent 1 year being a no-brainer choice. Let's see how it fares now that there are tradeoffs to make.

As it is now, it's a very interesting ability. Making the AEC a useful unit at all stages of the game.
Good job.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS