0%
20%
40%
Total votes: 19
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
11 Mar 2017, 17:45 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

https://www.coh2.org/topic/59718/%C3%86gion-s-balance-and-rework

Currently in the mod I am working on I have a few ideas and I would like all of your opinions.

1. Sherman upgrades.

Based on the animator fires for the Sherman, it is possible to make an upgrade to add in a bulldozer and 105mm upgrade. Perhaps make these in to possible upgrades? Note you can not upgrade to a 76mm like the M4C.

2. Soviet Teching

Looking back at my work I am not completely satisfied how the teching is spread out.

3. Infiltration delay.

I have made a mod in the past that adds a delay to the infiltration units with a small warning flare to add in a bit of counter play from instant spawn units. Should I add this in to my mod?

4. Fallschirmjagers

I have made a mod in the past that adjusted this unit to make it more into a brawler, by making it into a 5 man squad and armed with mp 40s with a slot item FG42. Then it could upgrade to another FG 42 for munitions. It was also para-dropped like paratroopers.
12 Mar 2017, 00:57 AM

I think a Croc would be very appreciated for the USF since they're the only Allied Army not to have a flame tank.

Soviet Teching... Yeah, the requirement for T4 to have T3 before it is dumb if you ask me, just my opinion.

Infiltration, I never liked it since a unit just popped in the building you chose out of thin air, like how in fuck's name do they magically teleport to that point, unless they're partisans then.

Well since an ability in the vanilla game already para-drops them like the Airborne I see nothing wrong with that, even if it's 1944/1945.

Optionals close combat upgrades are always welcome as well, I've made the Volksgrenadier STG package to give them the entire squad STGs instead of just 2, now I'm trying to figure out how to make it so they also have an MG upgrade, not that I don't know how to do it, question is if it Obers already have it, what should I replace it with for them in order to give it to the volks?
12 Mar 2017, 09:13 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I think a Croc would be very appreciated for the USF since they're the only Allied Army not to have a flame tank.

Soviet Teching... Yeah, the requirement for T4 to have T3 before it is dumb if you ask me, just my opinion.

Infiltration, I never liked it since a unit just popped in the building you chose out of thin air, like how in fuck's name do they magically teleport to that point, unless they're partisans then.

Well since an ability in the vanilla game already para-drops them like the Airborne I see nothing wrong with that, even if it's 1944/1945.

Optionals close combat upgrades are always welcome as well, I've made the Volksgrenadier STG package to give them the entire squad STGs instead of just 2, now I'm trying to figure out how to make it so they also have an MG upgrade, not that I don't know how to do it, question is if it Obers already have it, what should I replace it with for them in order to give it to the volks?

Speaking about flame tanks I should buff the flame hezter. Perhaps reduce the cooldown or increased armor and health?

The delay and flare for infiltration is an idea to allow for some counter play. If your opponent puts a squad into the building it will force the spawn to be back at base. Also I forgot to add in the patch notes that those grenades start on cooldown.

To me, the STG package seams like a bit too much mid and long range damage plus STGs are quite well used. That is why I went for a MP40 option. A volks mg upgrade? A LMG or an HMG? And how are you having trouble?
12 Mar 2017, 11:38 AM

Speaking about flame tanks I should buff the flame hezter. Perhaps reduce the cooldown or increased armor and health?

The delay and flare for infiltration is an idea to allow for some counter play. If your opponent puts a squad into the building it will force the spawn to be back at base. Also I forgot to add in the patch notes that those grenades start on cooldown.

To me, the STG package seams like a bit too much mid and long range damage plus STGs are quite well used. That is why I went for a MP40 option. A volks mg upgrade? A LMG or an HMG? And how are you having trouble?

You're asking the wrong person in terms of stat balance haha, balance, at least for me, is the least of my worries.

I look for implementing all of my ideas at first, and then balance being the finishing touch, but I've never really went that far as to realize all of my ideas, hence why I haven't touched the balance of stats.

Agreed.

As far as the Volks and their upgrades go, I wanted to capture their real life portrayal of being manpower deprived compared to the Grenadier divisions but having access to better and more automatic firepower in the form of STGs and a single LMG upgrade.

But like I said, since the Obers already have an LMG upgrade I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to make it so the 2 units don't overlap each other with their respective LMG upgrades.
12 Mar 2017, 13:32 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

But like I said, since the Obers already have an LMG upgrade I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to make it so the 2 units don't overlap each other with their respective LMG upgrades.

Maybe not focus on the weapon but utility and durability?
aaa
12 Mar 2017, 13:38 PM

-
12 Mar 2017, 21:13 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Have you already tried to create the Sherman Crocodile? I tried it for my own mod, but I couldn't get the flame animation working.
12 Mar 2017, 21:44 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Have you already tried to create the Sherman Crocodile? I tried it for my own mod, but I couldn't get the flame animation working.

Same, I was going to mess with it later. Also see I made a 105mm upgrade for the Sherman they would be too overlaping.
12 Mar 2017, 23:02 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I tried making an OT-34 flamethrower tank and had the same problem. With the method you used for the Hetzer's gun, I could get some flames to appear, but it didn't look good. It might be possible to make something with the FX editor, but I haven't used that before. What about you?
12 Mar 2017, 23:15 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I tried making an OT-34 flamethrower tank and had the same problem. With the method you used for the Hetzer's gun, I could get some flames to appear, but it didn't look good. It might be possible to make something with the FX editor, but I haven't used that before. What about you?

I have never used Fx editor before either. I will look into it tomorrow, I can only stay focus for so long.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★