Login

russian armor

Soviet heavy vehicle

20 Jan 2017, 14:06 PM

Today I want to talk about the IS-2 and ISU-152 - they suck, they don't cost their price.
IS-2:
- GNR gun against tanks, constant not hit / no penetration
- Low damage against vehicles
- GNR against infantry
- Slow and clumsy
if you are against the King Tiger - pray and run. Only the DShK does his job well

ISU-152 - anti-everything, anti Nothing:
- AT shell penetration weak, weak damage against heavy tanks
- Explosive shells no more tank crew contuses
- Shooting in the ground or a mound

suggestions?
20 Jan 2017, 14:15 PM

IS2 is a very constand heavy tank just like the tiger. Not invincible but very strong, especially the machine gun. Also very decent armor but slow.

ISU has aiming problems but if it hits, it hurts. AI squad wipe potential is enormous paired with a huge range.

Both tanks are far from sucking. I think they are both very fine. There are other tanks that need to be looked at (Comet).
20 Jan 2017, 14:21 PM

IS2 is a very constand heavy tank just like the tiger. Not invincible but very strong, especially the machine gun. Also very decent armor but slow.

ISU has aiming problems but if it hits, it hurts. AI squad wipe potential is enormous paired with a huge range.

Both tanks are far from sucking. I think they are both very fine. There are other tanks that need to be looked at (Comet).

I do not think so, I'll rarely see ISU and IS-2 (only if i take) because the combination of SU-85 + Katusha will be much more effective
20 Jan 2017, 14:24 PM

Today I want to talk about the IS-2 and ISU-152 - they suck, they don't cost their price.
IS-2:
- GNR gun against tanks, constant not hit / no penetration
- Low damage against vehicles
- GNR against infantry
- Slow and clumsy
if you are against the King Tiger - pray and run. Only the DShK does his job well

ISU-152 - anti-everything, anti Nothing:
- AT shell penetration weak, weak damage against heavy tanks
- Explosive shells no more tank crew contuses
- Shooting in the ground or a mound

suggestions?

I dont see this vehicles in game after the last nerf.

IS-2 is similar Tiger. Panthers and T34-85 works better.
20 Jan 2017, 14:37 PM

The IS-2 is easily a very good tank, and often a great tank. I see no issue with it.

The ISU 152 is also a great tank, but scales poorly in 3v3+ because the counter to it is always on the field. Try it in 1v1 or 2v2 with HE shells and you will see a 70 range one shot squad wiper can be potent. Not for every game, but certainly one I would consider for a commander load out.
20 Jan 2017, 14:45 PM

The IS-2 is easily a very good tank, and often a great tank. I see no issue with it.

The ISU 152 is also a great tank, but scales poorly in 3v3+ because the counter to it is always on the field. Try it in 1v1 or 2v2 with HE shells and you will see a 70 range one shot squad wiper can be potent. Not for every game, but certainly one I would consider for a commander load out.

I play 2 vs 2 and 3 vs 3. I play for the Soviets for a long time, and I would not create this topic had not seen that the Soviet heavy tanks now really bad
20 Jan 2017, 16:01 PM

Just because most people don't use soviet heavy tanks doesn't mean they're bad. Using medium armour is just more popular and in team games the mobility of a tank is often most important. Try not to make unjustified balance claims.
20 Jan 2017, 16:12 PM

The IS2 is fine mostly, I think there is an issue with bouncing shots I agree that RNG seems to be going against IS2 all the time, so maybe something is not right in the stats?

Tthe ISU-152 has two type of weapons, and you have to chose to either counter infantry or tanks.
The thing is, it can only do fair amount of damage against infantry and even then it depends strongly on AOE.

The problem I have with ISU-152, is that you get it for the same price you get a jagdtiger or a King Tiger, but you do less with it, so how is it good?

For it's current fire rate and damage ratio I think it's safe to say it is underperforming.
Why I shouldn't be able to kill a panzer 4 with two shots using a ISU-152?

The KV1 is another soviet heavy tank who underperform.

The KV2 is fine mostly, but costs too much for what it is.

20 Jan 2017, 16:15 PM

Buff KV1 :foreveralone:
aaa
20 Jan 2017, 16:28 PM

isu is the worst of all mainly since it hit elevations most of the time. Nerf the elevatipns i would say in general. They have too much impact. Or elevations should be clearly veasible and have same effect on all unit eg mgs, snipers, etc. Not allowing them to hit and see anything too.
And bring back old strong mines.
20 Jan 2017, 16:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2017, 16:01 PMNosliw
Just because most people don't use soviet heavy tanks doesn't mean they're bad. Using medium armour is just more popular and in team games the mobility of a tank is often most important. Try not to make unjustified balance claims.

+1

IS2 is fine.

ISU HE is fine.
ISU AP could get a small tweak. Instead of adjusting damage/pen, why not give it 33% deflection damage. ATM it deals 240dmg at 230avg pen and 200pen at max range (which is less than Su85). 33% means 80dmg guaranteed which is the damage of a zook. Reminder that it's the 2nd slowest gun in the game (1st spot is for KV2 on non barrage mode)

KV1 is not fine, specially by having a mobile medium tank veterancy.

KV2 maybe if it was added on certain unpopular doctrines (defensive doctrine for ex.) it might get a bit more feedback.
aaa
20 Jan 2017, 16:40 PM

kv2 is ok unlike isu
20 Jan 2017, 16:56 PM

I cant actually remember the last time i saw either of these 2 units.
20 Jan 2017, 17:20 PM

Right now take IS-2 - and it is not okay.
Slow, slow turret speed , slow reloading, little damage against tanks, GNR against infantry .
20 Jan 2017, 17:31 PM

The reason you don´t see many IS-2s ingame is that there are no Guards in IS-2 doctrines. Might change when the patch hits and PTRS are available without doctrines.
20 Jan 2017, 17:57 PM

Right now take IS-2 - and it is not okay.
Slow, slow turret speed , slow reloading, little damage against tanks, GNR against infantry .

Are you quite serious?
20 Jan 2017, 18:03 PM

Are you quite serious?

Absolutely. He is not worth its price.
20 Jan 2017, 18:06 PM

I entirely disagree, IS-2 is absolutely lethal and cost efficient if microed even halfway competently. Of course you don't want it on the field if your opponent has a Jagdtiger, but its not like you are gonna see these.
20 Jan 2017, 18:08 PM

Absolutely. He is not worth its price.

If we are to compare the IS-2 to the Tiger, according to www.stat.coh2.hu we'll see that they are both very similar. In fact, the IS-2 has more armour.
http://www.stat.coh2.hu/squad.php?filename=is-2_mp
http://www.stat.coh2.hu/squad.php?filename=tiger_squad_mp
20 Jan 2017, 18:11 PM

Well of course, this is bollocks. IS-2 is faster, more agile, better armoured, is a smaller target(ie. overall more survivable) than the Tiger and has a much better machinegun to boot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★