Login

russian armor

Cover table: damage modifier bugged?

14 Nov 2016, 15:05 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I am trying to make a shotgun for the game but to enable so it does not wipe out squads in cover, I was adjusting the cover table damage modifiers under the weapons tab. It seemed like when I was adjusting the values nothing was changing. Then I tried to even try to do ludicrous amount of damage to all forms of cover over but still the base damage was only applied. Is this a bug or am I doing it wrong?
14 Nov 2016, 17:24 PM

I have never attempted anything of the like before.

However, do note that several weapons have the tendency to ignore cover, if the attacker moves too close (within 10 yards range). The flag that allows a weapon to ignore cover at close ranges is called "Point Blank" and is under the Behaviour set of options for your shotgun.

Since you are trying to implement a short-range weapon, that is the first culprit I would look out for.

Set Point Blank to False for your shotgun, and let us know how that went!
15 Nov 2016, 22:22 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Looks like point blank was the cause, I can make a work around but I can not really disable point blank because of onmi-directional cover such as a crater or a bush. A could be in arms length, in the same crater but cover bonus is still in effect. As much I try to test with numbers, it is hard to tell whether it is balanced or not since people use units differently. Right now the shotguns have a max range of 20, same as a flamethrower but they do reduced damage to units in cover, unless point blank is in action. They will also have a small aoe damage. The design of this weapon is to be a effective flanking weapon of enemies that are bunched up. Also if your were wondering about the animation/projectile, I used the Greyhound canister shot.
16 Nov 2016, 00:43 AM

Are you also using the cone AoE that starts on the firing entity, or just a circular AoE at the impact point? Asking because I noticed the option for the former exists, but Relic doesn't use it, and was curious if you were and how it was working out.
16 Nov 2016, 02:44 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Are you also using the cone AoE that starts on the firing entity, or just a circular AoE at the impact point? Asking because I noticed the option for the former exists, but Relic doesn't use it, and was curious if you were and how it was working out.

I use circle, I just tried to use "pie," and it did not work. I set the angles to 10, radius to 1 and damage to 200. Then using cheat mod commands 2 I spawned a thick group of enemies. The result was only one model dying no matter where they were in the group with no additional damage.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★