Login

russian armor

Can someone explain to me this picture?

13 Nov 2016, 09:51 AM

https://i.imgur.com/YMdnpTY.jpg

It's on the hompage or whatever you wanna call it.

I thought we couldn't modify the unit models yet without the support of Relic model tools?
13 Nov 2016, 11:57 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

We can't modify them, but the pintle Vickers K was already included in the models, just not used in the actual game. They're working and everything, I'm just having some trouble with getting the MG and Tank Commander to show up at the same time for the Churchill.
Whether it's a good idea to actually implement them is another question, but the Churchill could use the buff, if you ask me!

Edit: It works now. Thanks, nice person on Steam!

13 Nov 2016, 14:22 PM

Would be fun if you could see the mg gunner throw the nade the tank can throw.
13 Nov 2016, 15:45 PM

We can't modify them, but the pintle Vickers K was already included in the models, just not used in the actual game. They're working and everything, I'm just having some trouble with getting the MG and Tank Commander to show up at the same time for the Churchill.
Whether it's a good idea to actually implement them is another question, but the Churchill could use the buff, if you ask me!

Edit: It works now. Thanks, Steam Workshop person!

Can you link me to your mod?

I'm also interested on how you did it actually as I've seen some vehicle Vickers entity in the mod files but thought it was the Universal Carrier's Vickers MMG upgrade or something that wasn't used, so I may add you.

Cheers.
13 Nov 2016, 16:09 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

It's a fairly drastic rework of the British faction that's still very, very unfinished. Feel free to download and take a look at the source files, though: https://github.com/PlanetSmasherCOH/BritishArmy

Basically, there are only two things you have to do to add the Vickers K.
Adding the gunner to the entity's crew_ext, which you can see here:

ebps\tanks\churchill
ebps\vehicles\aec

And creating an upgrade that adds a slot item, which in turn contains the weapon and sets some animation states, as done here:

upgrade\tanks\churchill_vickers_k
upgrade\vehicles\aec_vickers_k

In vanilla, the entities have different names, but you should be able to find them.
The upgrades have to be created, though - you can clone them from the UC and start from there.
13 Nov 2016, 21:23 PM

It's a fairly drastic rework of the British faction that's still very, very unfinished. Feel free to download and take a look at the source files, though: https://github.com/PlanetSmasherCOH/BritishArmy

Basically, there are only two things you have to do to add the Vickers K.
Adding the gunner to the entity's crew_ext, which you can see here:

ebps\tanks\churchill
ebps\vehicles\aec

And creating an upgrade that adds a slot item, which in turn contains the weapon and sets some animation states, as done here:

upgrade\tanks\churchill_vickers_k
upgrade\vehicles\aec_vickers_k

In vanilla, the entities have different names, but you should be able to find them.
The upgrades have to be created, though - you can clone them from the UC and start from there.

Alright, thanks.

And I thought this was uploaded on the workshop since you said you're grateful to a guy who helped you there.

Last question, does your drastic changes affect the mortar pit? I'm just interested in it just becoming a simple garrisonable by mortars emplacement and adding a mobile mortar to the British Army, that's all.
13 Nov 2016, 21:40 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Not yet, because I want to finish it first. There was a very nice person who saw this thread and messaged me on Steam with the solution, though!

"Drastic" as in no emplacements at all, because they lead to boring gameplay. Maybe doctrinally, but in a different form - I haven't quite decided on that yet. The mod gives Brits a larger and stronger core tech tree while removing lots of cheese.

What you're describing is actually included in a mod prototype I started with Mr.Smith, but that hasn't been developed in half a year. It's on the Workshop, though: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=679152285
13 Nov 2016, 21:50 PM

Not yet, because I want to finish it first. There was a very nice person who saw this thread and messaged me on Steam with the solution, though!

"Drastic" as in no emplacements at all, because they lead to boring gameplay. Maybe doctrinally, but in a different form - I haven't quite decided on that yet. The mod gives Brits a larger and stronger core tech tree while removing lots of cheese.

What you're describing is actually included in a mod prototype I started with Mr.Smith, but that hasn't been developed in half a year. It's on the Workshop, though: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=679152285

Ah alright, well thanks for the files and do you mind if I added you on Steam or you added me? I'm a sort of old time modder on a break until Relic give us model making tools and so forth, I'm basically just pissed at how we can't make a total overhaul for the game like we could with CoH.

And yes I know of Mr. Smith's prototype as well as another person's mod, I just forgot the name.

I was just wondering if you implemented it as well but seeing you removed the static gameplay of emplacements altogether I figured you didn't like it I guess.

But I agree with you to some extent, if you buffed the British main mobile Army so it doesn't rely so much on emplacements anymore, I see nothing wrong with the approach.
14 Nov 2016, 09:45 AM

I'm a sort of old time modder on a break until Relic give us model making tools and so forth.

Has relic ever said that they'll actually do this? I thought everyone was basically reconciled that full modding will never be a possibility.
14 Nov 2016, 15:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2016, 09:45 AMPepi

Has relic ever said that they'll actually do this? I thought everyone was basically reconciled that full modding will never be a possibility.

I'm still hopeful they will keep their promise of FULL modding support through officially launched modding tools at the end of their "5 year plan" for the game.

And no, they did not make any promises, that's why I said I am hopeful that they will just let it go in the hands of the community at the end of the game's long trek if nothing else pops up.

I was still hoping for the Italians but eh, seems now like it's the beginning of the end, just a few balancing acts here and there just so they can say that the development on the game isn't entirely dead.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★