Login

russian armor

Problems with playtesting the changes made in the mod

1 Nov 2016, 15:22 PM

Actually, topic.

Assumingly after the recent (October, the 25th) update of both the game and Mod Tools I cannot playtest the changes made to my mods. Changes are normally saved in the AE, mod is rebuilt (at least *.sga files are updated), but the games are for some strange and unknown reason launched with the last version uploaded to the Steam Workshop. Plus - sometimes the game tries to take a skin as a tuning pack.

Has anybody encountered similar things? Any solutions?

UPD. After launching the game and attempt to play the custom game with my mod the SGA in the \my games\Company Of Heroes 2\mods\tuning gets replaced by one from the Steam Workshop.
2 Nov 2016, 14:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Check the warnings.log in "Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2" for errors related to your mod.

Also, when you build your mod, does the timestamp on the .sga in the \mods folder match when you built it? If not, try deleting the one in \mods and copy the .sga from your mod folder and paste it in \mods.
2 Nov 2016, 18:29 PM

Check the warnings.log in "Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2" for errors related to your mod.

Also, when you build your mod, does the timestamp on the .sga in the \mods folder match when you built it? If not, try deleting the one in \mods and copy the .sga from your mod folder and paste it in \mods.

Looks like the Mod Tools work properly - the changes are saved, the rebuild process goes more or less normal ("more or less" means, that first time to rebuild ends with "Folder not empty" error, which I nevermind and do it again, this time without problems).

Time stamps of SGAs are identic.

The point is, that the game itself does not see my SGA, situated in "My documents". I reinstalled the Mod Tools, reinstalled the game itself. After reinstalling the game it got even worse - now I cannot even unsubscribe unneeded skins and even delete my mod from the Steam Workshop.
2 Nov 2016, 21:35 PM

UPD. Problem solved. Somewhat per rectum, but solved. The problem was in attempt to use the refugee_male_01.abp, which for some strange reason is not allowed to be used in mods.
3 Nov 2016, 00:42 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Did you check your warnings.log? Errors for loading .sga are always found there.

I don't see why that file would cause trouble, unless you have syntax errors inside of it. Have you tried using it as is, without editing it?
3 Nov 2016, 16:28 PM

Did you check your warnings.log? Errors for loading .sga are always found there.

I don't see why that file would cause trouble, unless you have syntax errors inside of it. Have you tried using it as is, without editing it?

Assumingly - it was because I extracted to my Data\art\bla-bla-bla foler not .abp alone, but entire folder (with all these .mua, .rgd, .rgt and so on).
3 Nov 2016, 21:08 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Yes, those are not allowed. You can see the allowed file types here: http://modding.companyofheroes.com/property-bag-group-pack
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★