Login

russian armor

A nice little feature

29 Sep 2016, 10:53 AM

I once mentioned this in a different topic but i'm just gonna put it here as its own thread:

In the "Spearhead Mod", one of the things that the modders did that actually can solve some issues in the vanilla game is the remove of auto-fire of all indirect-fire weapons and allow you to specifically choose an area for it to auto-fire for a certain amount of time (Then there will be a cool-down also, if I remember correctly). In addition, the selected auto-fire area is not too small to be considered useless but also not to large to be considered a no-brain action.

Of course, up to 99.99% of all of these suggestions about *cough*balance*cough* would never be implemented in to the live version of the game, but it's nice sometimes to see things from mods that actually have a huge potential to be good changes to the game. 

If anyone has experience something from a mod that have the same impact or even better than this "little feature", it would be nice to share it and talk about it here.
29 Sep 2016, 18:23 PM

What's the point? Mods keep getting broken by the game's updates.

And Relic is probably never going to touch balance again. Last update was like what, more than 3 months ago?

They'll just invest more and more time in DoW III and forget about this game.

The cow is milked. They just need to pull support already by giving us the final modding tools and that's it.
29 Sep 2016, 19:24 PM
Donator 11

What's the point? Mods keep getting broken by the game's updates.

And Relic is probably never going to touch balance again. Last update was like what, more than 3 months ago?

They'll just invest more and more time in DoW III and forget about this game.

The cow is milked. They just need to pull support already by giving us the final modding tools and that's it.

I feel you are right but 3 months without a patch is no proof, we had longer no patch periods in the past.
30 Sep 2016, 03:06 AM

I feel you are right but 3 months without a patch is no proof, we had longer no patch periods in the past.

Yeah but DoW 3 wasn't announced back then and the game wasn't at the moment end of it's support cycle. This is either the 4th or 5th year in their "5 year plan" for the game and I'm still not feeling the game is in it's final state.

It's in an even worst state than in what CoH was left at in 206.0
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS