Login

russian armor

Interview with Quinn Duffy - COH'S 10TH ANNIVERSARY

14 Sep 2016, 13:42 PM
14 Sep 2016, 20:01 PM

Wow, COH1 could have had truesight all along if it weren't for performance issues

Imagine how groundbreaking that would be back when it was first released.
14 Sep 2016, 20:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2016, 20:01 PMGrittle
Wow, COH1 could have had truesight all along if it weren't for performance issues

Imagine how groundbreaking that would be back when it was first released.

It wouldn't. Codename Panzers had it but even better, like hiding stuff behind high terrain
14 Sep 2016, 21:21 PM

I always had the idea that Relic cherished CoH more than they do and did CoH2. This interview pretty much shows this. Nothing will compare to the experience and fun that CoH gave me. The first time playing that game is something I have never experienced with any other game before or since.
14 Sep 2016, 22:55 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I always had the idea that Relic cherished CoH more than they do and did CoH2. This interview pretty much shows this. Nothing will compare to the experience and fun that CoH gave me. The first time playing that game is something I have never experienced with any other game before or since.

This! +11111...
15 Sep 2016, 06:14 AM

Interesting interview, gives a good explanation of the kind of culture and processes that go into making a groundbreaking game. Does make me a bit sad though, to think what CoH2 could have been if its development had had the same time, resources and focus as the first game.
15 Sep 2016, 14:36 PM

Me too. But i still love COH2 also.

But yeah, vCOHs first plays. Oh man!!!!!!
15 Sep 2016, 16:04 PM

I had that feeling once, maybe twice before. The other time for sure was the first SHogun Total War. as limited as it was by todays standards, the mix of an explore expand and conquer game with an RTS battle phase was astounding.

And when Civilization first game out. It wasn't as much "fun" but it was insanely addictive. ("... just one more turn....")
19 Sep 2016, 13:14 PM

Greatest game ever. COHO was so Amazing too. I just hope that we get a final well tested and comprehensive patch for CoH2 the same way we did with CoH. Or better yet: that we get this tomorrow.

Still plenty of players around. I saw almost 8000 online the other day. If NHL and FIFA can throw out annual games, Relic could well do a CoH3 that's like now but fixed up and optimized. I'd pay up right away. 1700+ CoH2 hours and counting.

Hell, I'd pay for old school arty hits and idle conversations back in the game if that was the only difference.

Imagine how sensational this game could be with those kind of effects back in, in an optimized game, and fixed up bugs and some more maps in rotation. People would buy it and it would be worth paying for.
19 Sep 2016, 15:08 PM
Patrion 15

I hoped they released a small fix patch for CoH.. but will see in upcoming weeks
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★