Login

russian armor

[2v2] Advance Cancer Regiment

12 Sep 2016, 10:38 AM

So yes, I know I failed to stop the brits player from building his SimCity which covered the entire right side of the map. But what can I did back then!? I tried my best to push him but most of my army had to return to base to recover, which gave the Brit's ground to set up his double Vickers and negate any potential counter-attack made by me. I don't have smoke to aid my attack, and when his first mortar pit up, I did destroy it, but by the time it downed, his Bofor already up and basically took control the entire half. After that it's a downfall.

So my question is: What could I have done differently? Did my early push a success or a complete waste of time and manpower?

I appreciated all helps

EDIT: By the way, I'm RoyalWeapon (OKW) in the replay
13 Sep 2016, 17:23 PM

I looked at your game and I see a number of places to improve.

You appeared to change your goal every few minutes, until you lost the initiative and then had to respond as units appeared until you lost completely. Was your goal to dislodge the Brit? Was it to take the cutoff? Was it to help your teammate? Was it to secure fuel?

You ceded the fuel to the Allied team, literally, all game. As a result even though you managed to inflict huge fuel losses on the Soviet player they were easily able to recover. This cannot happen.

Early on when you engaged the Brit you can 3 squads (1 volks, 1 Sturm, 1 kubel) and he had 2 (MG and IS). The kubel should have given you LoS to avoid the MG arc and the Sturms and Volks should have pushed around the flank. Once he realized he was about to be outflanked the kubel should have shot in and attacked the MG up close from the back to force the retreat. Then the IS would have been alone, the Kubel should have pulled back and the Volks and sturms could easily have dealt with them. This would have given you time to decap his points and slow his sim city.

After the simcity was setup you went double ISG, which was fine, but you used them extremely poorly after the first mortar pit went down. Even then you had them together making it very likely they would have been wiped at the same time. You knew he had a FHQ IN FRONT of his now dead mortar pit, which should have been too tempting a target not to destroy. In fact, I would have targeted it first since he cannot brace, and you can fire at it from further than the mortar could likely reach. Instead you sent your ISGs off to shoot at some shocks, which are mobile infantry and completely ignored the ISGs. To top this off you did not watch the ISGs and one was wiped for ~5 minutes without being recovered on your side of the map before the Brit player came over and stole it.

You built a Schwer HQ far enough forward that the mortar pit could shell it for some reason. And you built it extremely early even though you had no intention of going for anything in the truck until much latter. Don't pay for tech you don't need.

Latter in the game as things began to unwind your allies lack of squad preservation became a real issue, and you near zero fuel income was punished severely.

If you are struggling against this strategy I would definitely put the fortifications cmdr for OKW in your load out. It outright stomps on Simcity, either with its on map or off map arty. Also consider the JT cmdr. The JT feeds off emplacements, and if the brit player is really dug down deep you can wait until the late game to destroy him. Meanwhile you can use the covering barrage to pick off wounded emplacements and allow volks to get in close for a flame nade attack. You never even need to risk the JT since it can fire through walls if you want and the 17pdr cannot hit it. If he does send his single commet faust it twice and then let the JT get to work finishing it off, just make sure you have a single Rakenten to finish if off quickly.

Be more aware of your ISGs if you invest in this tech so heavily, and make good decisions about targets for them. I agree that smart manuevering from Volks was unlikely to dislodge him since the MG he had covered the entire approach.

Be smart about brace, force it, and then stop firing. You don't do any real damage at that time anyway. Pick other targets. Fire just beyond the pit to wipe repairing squads, target FHQ, hit up the MG, destroy green cover, etc. You should know exactly when the brace will wear off and you can immediately barrage the area again.

Finally, consider a stuka. He was so static he could not have pursued your Stuka until almost the 25 minute mark, and this in a game where you decided not to fight him. With stuka bleed I am not sure he could ever have fielded a tank.
14 Sep 2016, 01:55 AM

You appeared to change your goal every few minutes, until you lost the initiative and then had to respond as units appeared until you lost completely. Was your goal to dislodge the Brit? Was it to take the cutoff? Was it to help your teammate? Was it to secure fuel?

Well, at first, my objective was to dislodge the Brits player (I once succeeded so I really like the idea of overwhelm them) but when my army start weaken down due to low hp and high damage from 2 Vickers and IS, I was force to back down. Then I started changing my objective. I was telling my teammate to take the Soviet's fuel point, which in my opinion would be easier to do than against defensive Brits. So I told him to attack while I make a diversion at the cut-off. However, due to the lack of communication, after I retreated, he told me that he can't attack the fuel since there is an MG in the building. Therefore I had to move a ISG down to help. I was literally fighting 3 fronts: Watch for Brits counterattack while firing at his emplacements; Fighting to secure the mid-VP and Helping my mate fight the Soviet. That's a lot of fronts! And with my lack of great micro skills and constant bleeding due to Brits mortar pits, I hardly can stand a chance!

You built a Schwer HQ far enough forward that the mortar pit could shell it for some reason. And you built it extremely early even though you had no intention of going for anything in the truck until much latter. Don't pay for tech you don't need.

The reason I rush for the Schwere was to get Obers to help boost my power against the Soviet (Again, I was aim for the left fuel while ignore the Brits and at the same time, hold mid to ensure VP) but the manpower situation and a lot of things for me to look at on the battlefield had cause me to completely forgot. ‎

Finally, consider a stuka. He was so static he could not have pursued your Stuka until almost the 25 minute mark, and this in a game where you decided not to fight him. With stuka bleed I am not sure he could ever have fielded a tank.

That mean I would be going both Med and Mec? I don't know man. I need Med to keep my infantries alive. Going both would delay my first medium tanks. If only the Stuka would be in the Schwere, that would be great (And fit more in my opinion).

Also, I don't have the Fortification Commander (And the flame one too, but I have the rest). The Jadgtiger isn't what I really comfortable with: It seems slow, easily flank (I can protect it, but the idea of slow-turning turret doesn't appeal to me) and rather expensive to get in 2v2. Do you have any other commander suggestions?‎
14 Sep 2016, 03:01 AM

The ISG is the worst indirect fire anti-building unit. Never use it to clear buildings unless you are in dire need. In your case, dislodging the Soviet from his fuel is critical if you cannot secure your own. A diversion to an emplacement heavy build is not useful since his army is already immobile. Like I said the targets for the ISGs were selected incorrectly, and when you successfully destroyed the pit you did not exploit your advantage, effectively allowing the British player to recover easily.

The Schwer, as you fought was a mistake. Elite infantry to fight emplacements? If anything you need more volks for their nades. If the issue was the Soviet I would have considered something else.

The Mech option was suggested to you because you are fighting with a Wehr. He can easily cover your med by building a med bunker (which he is likely to tech anyway, and which your ally in fact did). However, you could also have invested in a mech after the med of your own. A medium tank rush? How many medium tanks did you build and how many tanks did your single JPIV even engage? You didn't need a medium tank you needed indirect fire. Be able to read the battle clearly so that you invest most effectively in tech. I am not saying a stuka would have saved you, but if I saw my opponent committing to turtle at such a level I would definitely pick up a stuka to make him bleed, and destroy emplacements coming out of brace.

If you don't have fortifications save up, it can be quite effective. In the meantime the JT is a powerful commander. You avoid the need for a Schwer HQ early by having offmap elite infantry. You get a late arty barrage you can dump spare munitions into, and if you need it a heavy TD capable of destroying even the largest sim city without even being shot at. Sure its a big turret that moves slowly, but again who cares? He had no armor that was capable of flanking it and dealing with the JT with even a modicum of support. The Comet was not going to kill a full health JT with 3 volks a rakent, a pak, and a stug floating around. And that is if the JT never managed to fire one shot at it. I am not saying the JT is a great at everything, but to dislodge sim city it has few rivals. For a few munitions you can shoot through walls to root out even the toughest mortar pit. On top of that if you manage to push him off you can decap the map in literal seconds once you pop your ability to help infantry capture points. Many of the other commanders on offer will only increase your bleed against emplacements. They can be used, but they won't help you deal with emplacements better.
14 Sep 2016, 03:24 AM

Thank you for all your helps! I will try out the Breakthough Doctrine more often when I see heavy-emplacement spammer then. 

Oh one more thing, if I go the Breakthough Doctrine and one of my enemy go heavily emplacements, which I will go the JT and deal with him, but should I be too worry about the other enemy? I mean, I go 2v2 sololy so sometimes it's quite hard to trust your mate in helping secure your flank. So after the JT, should I go Schwere to have some kind of armour support for the JT or go Raks or even Puma instead? I know my mate can help but I need a back-up plan in case he can't.

Anyways, thank you for reviewing my replay!‎
14 Sep 2016, 12:29 PM

If you are in such a terrible place that your ally cannot provide even a little support on your flank you may lose no matter what. However, mines are the JT best friend. Place them all around and well behind the line so he never sweeps them or even sees them. Then if he pushes just fall back until you are inside the mine field. Once a tank has a damaged engine even a very lackluster comrade can do something.

As soon as you get the resources I would pick up the Fortifications comdr, since you didn't want to use the JT. You can still go Schwer if you go JT, that's not a problem, but make sure you can control a fuel or you will never get any armor.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 52
Poland 13
United States 17
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %