Login

russian armor

As Ostheer What Maps do you Veto for 1v1

12 Jun 2016, 02:44 AM

Permanently Banned
I have difficulty deciding. In a perfect world with infinite vetos I would veto Kholody Ferma (both seasons), Lost Glider, Minsk, Crossing in the Woods, and maybe La Gleize. My biggest problem maps are Lost Glider, Minsk, and Kholodny Ferma.

I hate the tunneling that Kholodny Ferma does which means long retreat paths and lots of roads with no cover is the most punishing with ostheer, as well the center has a ridiculous amount of directions that you can approach from but you can't scout which direction the enemy is coming from cuz of the trees. For example arnhem is quite open and the center can be approached from any direction. But you can see them coming cuz there isn't a row of trees obscuring vision. Hence, the maps is extremely hard to defend.

Lost Glider suffers from the same issue. Atrocious vision. I usually go for a quick pin at the cutoff with a mg in the building that overlooks it and another mg at another angle for backup to stall the fuel for the enemy to throw him off his game but if the pin fails, you're in for a difficult game if the opponent has any skill at handling a light vehicle (esp stuarts cuz they can't be dealt with by 222s). The poor vision is a huge disadvantage for ostheer. Paks can only be used in a few positions and can't finish the tank off since there are so many "corners" that the tank can get behind.

Crossing in the Woods and Minsk have barely any heavy cover and the maps are too open. I'm ok with the openness on the one side of Angoville cuz there's still plenty of green cover and light cover. Lack of cover means its hard to find a suitable spot to set up a hard point with your mgs. And Minsk is huge, you'll be playing defense for a long time.

Which maps do you guys hate the most as Ostheer?

12 Jun 2016, 02:56 AM

Minsk, lost glider, all winter maps, semoisky and kholdny.
12 Jun 2016, 03:29 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Lost glider is the worst 1v1 map in the game, I auto veto with all factions. Then I veto the two semois's because Ost will lose those, and save the 4th veto for whatever map I am annoyed with at the time.

If you want some real advice, don't veto Crossing in the Woods. It is one of the best maps for Ostheer. Incredibly easy to turtle with a sniper on half the map and bleed your opponent dead. Just need to be careful when facing brits on this map, but USF is no problem at all.

Also <444>3 the Kholodnys, favorite maps. Fairly balanced for Ostheer IMO, but some people have problems with it.
12 Jun 2016, 03:33 AM

Minsk, lost glider, all winter maps, semoisky and kholdny.

snow maps veto for aixe ?
but but but o_O

if you play wermaht you have mortors you have mgs the snow is on your side :P

snow slows troops so this puts your mg or mortors in an advanteg

troops thet move slow are an easy target for mortors

12 Jun 2016, 03:44 AM

Permanently Banned
Crossing in the Woods wasn't that bad. I just got wrecked by a USF player when I was starting to learn and i was constantly trying to shift about my mg to a defensible position and the lack of heavy cover was driving me nuts and I couldn't lay down sandbags. And it took Relic 3 years to figure out that your so called "defensive" Ostheer faction should be allowed to lay down sandbags. Hell, I'd suggest that grens, pios, maybe even pgrens should be allowed to lay them down. The defensive construction abilities of Ostheer is pathetic. Come to think about it, USF has better access to mines than Ostheer since riflemen can lay them down since a ridiculous number of USF players select Heavy Cav off the bat.
12 Jun 2016, 04:12 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2016, 03:33 AMbicho1

snow maps veto for aixe ?
but but but o_O

if you play wermaht you have mortors you have mgs the snow is on your side :P

snow slows troops so this puts your mg or mortors in an advanteg

troops thet move slow are an easy target for mortors

There are barely any places with deep snow now, it's there only where they forgot to remove it. So this actually is more an graphical change than gameplay one. Frozen lakes can make a difference but these are not ostheer friends since they make flanking easier.
12 Jun 2016, 05:30 AM

Crossing in the Woods wasn't that bad. I just got wrecked by a USF player when I was starting to learn and i was constantly trying to shift about my mg to a defensible position and the lack of heavy cover was driving me nuts and I couldn't lay down sandbags. And it took Relic 3 years to figure out that your so called "defensive" Ostheer faction should be allowed to lay down sandbags. Hell, I'd suggest that grens, pios, maybe even pgrens should be allowed to lay them down. The defensive construction abilities of Ostheer is pathetic. Come to think about it, USF has better access to mines than Ostheer since riflemen can lay them down since a ridiculous number of USF players select Heavy Cav off the bat.

mate you need a fucking commender to lay down mines orelse you need an m20 [if i want mines i have to go with HC or the second commner wermaht is free to choice every commnder and lay down mines ]

+ the mines thet rifelman put get detonated by troops , can be really anouing cos mostly i put them for tanks

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★