Login

russian armor

Do you want COH1 remake?

11 Jun 2016, 02:53 AM

usfusfokwokwostheerostheer

Yes or No.

11 Jun 2016, 03:22 AM

No. I want a sequel or spiritual successor that has a lot in common with coh1, but not the same game.
11 Jun 2016, 03:37 AM

Oh I see . I am waiting Coh2 modTool can make engine . lol
11 Jun 2016, 03:41 AM

Coh2 is a coh1 remake :foreveralone:
11 Jun 2016, 03:48 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Why would you want a remake instead of CoH3? Go play vCoH, it still works. Investing a whole development cycle to do a remake would probably kill this series. Nobody besides a few die hard fans would want it.
11 Jun 2016, 04:08 AM

No.

CoH1 was a great game, but it had flaws. CoH2 improved on CoH1 in arguably every way. I don't want to go back to a game with no reverse button, no true-sight, no vaulting, etc.

Move on and make CoH3 in a few years. We had CoH1 from 2006 to 2013, CoH2 from 2013 to now... I'd expect around 2020 we'd see CoH3, and it would probably improve on CoH2 in many ways.
11 Jun 2016, 04:10 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

If they could take the best parts of COH1 and COH2 and put them together they'd have an amazing game.
11 Jun 2016, 05:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2016, 04:10 AMBudwise
If they could take the best parts of COH1 and COH2 and put them together they'd have an amazing game.

+1
11 Jun 2016, 05:28 AM

CoH 1 is technicaly better than CoH 2, so I don't think, that it needs any remake.

Graphics, physics, effects and game mechanics in general in CoH 1 are obviously better than in CoH 2 (and optimized better, lol), sounds and voices are also awesome, at least with installed sound/skin packs. Campaing is good, so at least once per year I beat it again and again, right after DoW 2s one.

CoH 2 is only better because it has bigger "content wideness" with all those commanders, and as result - more interesting and less predictable fights. But... they can try add more commanders somehow in CoH 1 and it will also be cool.

Anyway, CoH 1 > CoH 2. Personal opinion, 18+.

11 Jun 2016, 06:59 AM

I say, no.
vCoH still has flaws that CoH2 had covered. Such as the truesight and a reliable veterancy system. I will say that vCoH surpasses the second installment in terms of commanders and campaign.
After Dawn of War 3, I hope CoH3 incorperates the melee system fron the DoW series or even allow infantry the option to board tanks and grenade them for tactical reasons.
11 Jun 2016, 07:10 AM

If you want to play CoH1, go play CoH1. It's still functional.
11 Jun 2016, 07:46 AM

If you want to play CoH1, go play CoH1. It's still functional.

+1 to both of these. I still play CoH1 and CoH2 automatch. It's actually surprising how quickly you get games and how many players are searching 1v1 and 2v2 in CoH1 (I often find I get games even quicker than in CoH2!).

Also please don't let this turn into a which game is better than which. Keep in mind that saying CoH1 or CoH2 is better than one another is pointless, and that you are comparing your subjective opinion rather than an objective truth. Please don't derail. There's no way saying "true sight and fence hopping" are better than not having them, when they both make for completely different experiences.

Anyway, I think we can all agree with Budwise and Aerohank. If you want to play CoH1, play CoH1. If you want something CoH1 esque but more exciting, play Eastern Front, Blitzkrieg, Modern Combat, etc. Let's just hope CoH3 is something nice and new.
11 Jun 2016, 07:49 AM
11 Jun 2016, 08:06 AM

There's already a limited mod that does this on the Workshop, a total remake would be possible with the expanding of the modding tools.
11 Jun 2016, 08:08 AM
Patrion 14

nah
11 Jun 2016, 08:25 AM

No.

CoH1 was a great game, but it had flaws. CoH2 improved on CoH1 in arguably every way. I don't want to go back to a game with no reverse button, no true-sight, no vaulting, etc.

Move on and make CoH3 in a few years. We had CoH1 from 2006 to 2013, CoH2 from 2013 to now... I'd expect around 2020 we'd see CoH3, and it would probably improve on CoH2 in many ways.

WRONG. Coh1 is the better game in almost every way. The stuff CoH2 does better is mostly stylistic. Vaunting for example is not necessarily an improvement.

Or just keep CoH1 and ditch all of CoH2 especially the pay2win commanders that constantly break the game.

CoH 1 is technicaly better than CoH 2, so I don't think, that it needs any remake.

Graphics, physics, effects and game mechanics in general in CoH 1 are obviously better than in CoH 2 (and optimized better, lol), sounds and voices are also awesome, at least with installed sound/skin packs. Campaing is good, so at least once per year I beat it again and again, right after DoW 2s one.

CoH 2 is only better because it has bigger "content wideness" with all those commanders, and as result - more interesting and less predictable fights. But... they can try add more commanders somehow in CoH 1 and it will also be cool.

Anyway, CoH 1 > CoH 2. Personal opinion, 18+.

Yes. Coh1 sold several times as many copies and won basically every game of the year award out there. CoH2 only got decent (B's and 8.0's) because of the legacy of vCOH. If CoH2 had not had the Company of Heroes franchise name it woudl've gotten probably 10-20 points lower on metacritic.

For one, the engine is abysmal along with the UI. Almost every element of the game is a regression. True sight is buggy as hell and has a high performance hit. Sniper battles were fun in vCOH and skill intensive. In this game they are luck fests because the engine is so sluggish and unresponsive. You could tell a good player by his micro in vCOH and in this game there is no such thing as good micro because of wonky pathfinding and cover-finding and the high built-in unit response times.

And secondly, and most importantly, the game design in general is inferior to the original. One-shot mines, terrible cover-seeking, pay2win commanders, linear teching, and oh my god snow and snowstorms. Realism does not equal balance or fun. Snow should've only been in single-player. And DLC that affects outcomes is always controversial which is why every other successful game mainly has only cosmetic purchases for the competitive mode.

Main problem is just the rampant RNG. If the game was responsive then ok, maybe RNG would be livable but it only compounds all the engine issues this game has.

CoH2 game needed a game designer that knew wtf he was doing. Edit out crap that doesn't add to interactivity and fun. Focus on the basics like creating a responsive and diverse game.

11 Jun 2016, 08:37 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Sniper battles were fun in vCOH and skill intensive.

No. That's where any argument dies when you also consider most weapon teams were also 3 man. You also forgot about the sinking ship that was THQ. And honestly I don't feel lag or unreponsiveness and that's coming from a person whose internet fluctuates whenever it feels like it.

Anyways no remake. Just as Budwise said, take the best from both worlds and put them into one.
11 Jun 2016, 09:50 AM

Ah back in the days when Wehrmacht Defensive doctrine brought me up to insane win rates.

- Spam Volksgrenadiere
- Build two medic bunkers close to the center of action
- Buy Vet 3 Infantry
- Reinforce your troops at the improved bunkers
- Get about 10 Grenadiere for free
- Win
11 Jun 2016, 10:04 AM
Donator 33

No.

I would love the CoH1 game with the CoH2 engine, but a glaring issue is New Relic. They want the game to be a mess, edging the players between the hope for and the reality of the game.

That's a way of keeping the game from growing stale, but the mess can be recognized as stale as well.

There's also a bit of unfounded nostalgia for CoH1; OF was downright horrible.

If a small group were given the task of recreating vCoH (as in "no OF) non-profit as a tribute and fan-service, keeping the game tight and sparking interest for CoH3, then absolutely.

But I don't think it fits realistically anywhere within New Relic's MO.
11 Jun 2016, 10:27 AM

WRONG. Coh1 is the better game in almost every way. The stuff CoH2 does better is mostly stylistic. Vaunting for example is not necessarily an improvement.

Or just keep CoH1 and ditch all of CoH2 especially the pay2win commanders that constantly break the game.

Yes. Coh1 sold several times as many copies and won basically every game of the year award out there. CoH2 only got decent (B's and 8.0's) because of the legacy of vCOH. If CoH2 had not had the Company of Heroes franchise name it woudl've gotten probably 10-20 points lower on metacritic.

For one, the engine is abysmal along with the UI. Almost every element of the game is a regression. True sight is buggy as hell and has a high performance hit. Sniper battles were fun in vCOH and skill intensive. In this game they are luck fests because the engine is so sluggish and unresponsive. You could tell a good player by his micro in vCOH and in this game there is no such thing as good micro because of wonky pathfinding and cover-finding and the high built-in unit response times.

And secondly, and most importantly, the game design in general is inferior to the original. One-shot mines, terrible cover-seeking, pay2win commanders, linear teching, and oh my god snow and snowstorms. Realism does not equal balance or fun. Snow should've only been in single-player. And DLC that affects outcomes is always controversial which is why every other successful game mainly has only cosmetic purchases for the competitive mode.

Main problem is just the rampant RNG. If the game was responsive then ok, maybe RNG would be livable but it only compounds all the engine issues this game has.

CoH2 game needed a game designer that knew wtf he was doing. Edit out crap that doesn't add to interactivity and fun. Focus on the basics like creating a responsive and diverse game.

+1 The engine does not favor coh 2, the squad pacing is just plain bad, it just wipes your squads left and right (talking to you 120mm mortar before patch and brit mortar) if everything would be more responsive this game would have less patches imho.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★