Login

russian armor

help me deal with a tiger, king tiger

8 Jun 2016, 04:28 AM

mostly tigers or kings camp vs me so i have to rush them or some thing and in this moments i lose my armor mostly

how should i play vs them in 1 v 1 as usf ?

some times its really hard to deal with german infentry so i get shermans but then they are preaty useless the only use of them is to flank this action is heavely punished by shreks spam rocketens or mines

i mostly get 4 rifels and a cap bars on every one
zooks on cap and RE's

wille i rush or flank minedetecters are first to detect mines bars efter to clean ATGS cap and RE just shoot the tank to distract then only tanks mostly its shermans and a jakson or 2 shermans

the heavy tank starts rooling back some times to the sides and my tanks cant really get his back

king tiger has insane dmg to jaksons thet die efter 2 shoots

+ king tiger is really good vs my troops so i am forced to rush him
8 Jun 2016, 04:46 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Use your fuckingjackson!!
*hans voice*

No but really use the jackson... Like one Jackson and maybe a Pershing to eat a hit or two is all you need vs KT :snfPeter:

You should be looking at why he got a KT in the first place, not how to counter it.

Because as USF you shouldn't be fighting KTs. That means your losing. Or it's 4v4. U kno what I'm sayin'?
8 Jun 2016, 05:07 AM

Use your fuckingjackson!!
*hans voice*

No but really use the jackson... Like one Jackson and maybe a Pershing to eat a hit or two is all you need vs KT :snfPeter:

You should be looking at why he got a KT in the first place, not how to counter it.

Because as USF you shouldn't be fighting KTs. That means your losing. Or it's 4v4. U kno what I'm sayin'?

1v 1
i dont think i am losing mostly i have most of the map all goes good until late game when they get tigers or kings some players like to get first a panzer ez job for me but then king or a tiger

so i hit his KT with my jakson he repairs it and comes back this tank rapes my rifles so at the end i find my self geting shoot by KT runing base coming back for more whille i lose all map :P
8 Jun 2016, 05:35 AM

As cookie and everyone will tell you I´m also telling you this. DO NOT ALLOW OKW PLAYER TO GET GODDAMN KINGTIGER. You have to play well early game and get fast stuart and sherman in order to force opponent to go either p4 or panther to counter your sherman (otherwise you should gain big map control and he will never get his kt in time). Your rifles are superior to their vols and with bars, lmgs even to any elite infantry.

But sometimes, and it happens, you simply play bad, get unlucky or opponent is better or only your sherman will hit mine and die ...

And then opponent will be able to field kingtiger in time.

Then you have right now 2 options, both including infantry play on defensive or flanks so kingtiger cannot bleed you much (he is slow and cannot be everywhere at once).

1) if you went armor co, you can spam m10 and then when you have like 5 of then and force other units to retreat swarm him. He is strong in atrition war but his slow rotation and low RoF compared to 5 m10s. You can focus his rear armor and if he have no support nearby you can eventually kill it without any problems losing only 1-2 m10s in process.

2) kite it with 2 jacsons. Jacsons have bigger range and witth AP round they will eat kingtiger in few minutes. Just make sure to always kite him so he cannot shot on your jacson - jascons have more speed and range so you must always outkite him. If he send his volks to counter jacson just defensive force them to pull back with your sherman and riflemen.

Just remeber to outplay opponent before he gets kingtiger (its 300+ fuel afterr all and that is 3 sherman that will wreck havon on OKW player) and if he gets one most of time just play defensively, hold VP-s and kite him with jascons.

Also push with jascons and shermans in conjuction with p47 rocket strike should do the trick ;)
8 Jun 2016, 05:40 AM

The first thing is to make it harder for your opponent to get one in the first place. In a 1v1 game it takes a long time to get the necessary fuel so if you see your opponent is not teching up, building fuel caches or generally trying to stall for time, it's a good sign he's saving for a heavy. In that scenario you can be aggressive, and you'll have a small window where you can focus on anti-infantry and hopefully drive him off his fuel. If you do that well he will still eventually get the heavy but you'll have been able to destroy some of his infantry and gain a fuel advantage so you can outnumber and destroy the tank.

For actually countering the heavy you have to use various units together. Jacksons are great but require careful micro and sighting. Use the HVAP shells at opportune moments. E8s are also pretty good if your doctrine has them. Bazookas aren't very effective but can be useful as an ambush tool with another unit drawing the tank's fire. M20 has great mines but is expensive if you didn't already tech LT. 57mm isn't worth building. Pershing can be ok in some situations but doesn't really have the durability to go toe-to-toe. A good tactic is to drive you tank directly behind the tiger and block its retreat path, just beware of shreks/fausts.

Finally you need to learn when to be aggressive and go for the kill, vs. when to chip away and avoid a decisive engagement. You need to be patient but keep your armour in a good position so that you can quickly capitalise on events (e.g. tiger hits mine, overextends) and get the kill. Often times its enough to just contain the tank by damaging it every time it tries to push, and focus on holding the VPs and harrasing his exposed caps. This will either force him into not using the tank to its full potential, or making a big push out of desparation.
8 Jun 2016, 11:58 AM

i donno guys
just today i sow -HOI- Vulpine.L [76561197981891083] a top 50 player usf vs okw even a player this good couldent really control the map like you guys told me XD its not thet easy to just dominate all the map vs a good player

he went armor com'
-HOI- Vulpine.L lost at the end , king tiger came to the field...

about me i had games where i dominated all the map the okw player had only some tactical points after a long base camping he got his king tiger like wtf :P [i had both his and mine fuel and ammo i had most tactical points ...]
[[[at the start we had some fights but still efter i got m20 + stuart i started dominating]]]

i even tried the sherman rush to force them to get a pazner 4 , so he got the panzer 4 but still after a period of time came the tiger

i will try m10 spam

or jakson spam

problem is that i will have to reliy only on my troops if he will get a stuka i am fucked cos if i have only jaksons and i will get bombarded by stuka i will lose at the end by lack of anti infantry :P

:)but thank you guys for helping me understand and improve:)
8 Jun 2016, 12:19 PM

Got a replay? It's not entirely clear how he could gather 310 fuel with no fuel points and no fuel caches.
9 Jun 2016, 07:07 AM

Focus his infantry first and bleed his Victory Points as soon as possible. every time he drops a raken, capture it or wreck it. Try to coordinate an assault on his HQpanzer truck to deny him free repair and focus fire his sturmpio in order to wipe them. All of this before the KT hit the field. If done, he'll have hard time to repair it.

If he can field a KT, then the match has been much more close than you think.
My opinion: no more than 2 jacksons, otherwise you'll not have enough support around. 1 Stuart is key, its stun ability has great use vs big tanks since it doesn't need to penetrate. Never frontal attack or with smoke. Focus its support before the KT.
What can help fron stock option only:
Major reco run to situate the KT
2x Jacksons (no more)
1x Stuart for the stun ability
1x Sherman for the offensive smoke
Atnade
Zooks only if you can flank the KT
Backtiers T1 and build a m20 (no need to up the skirt, use it only to mine the roads)
10 Jun 2016, 05:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2016, 07:07 AMEsxile
Focus his infantry first and bleed his Victory Points as soon as possible. every time he drops a raken, capture it or wreck it. Try to coordinate an assault on his HQpanzer truck to deny him free repair and focus fire his sturmpio in order to wipe them. All of this before the KT hit the field. If done, he'll have hard time to repair it.

If he can field a KT, then the match has been much more close than you think.
My opinion: no more than 2 jacksons, otherwise you'll not have enough support around. 1 Stuart is key, its stun ability has great use vs big tanks since it doesn't need to penetrate. Never frontal attack or with smoke. Focus its support before the KT.
What can help fron stock option only:
Major reco run to situate the KT
2x Jacksons (no more)
1x Stuart for the stun ability
1x Sherman for the offensive smoke
Atnade
Zooks only if you can flank the KT
Backtiers T1 and build a m20 (no need to up the skirt, use it only to mine the roads)

waw really nice ideas to assault this tank especially the stuart part

good players wont just let me wipe raken or their sturmpios tho ..

10 Jun 2016, 05:23 AM

Got a replay? It's not entirely clear how he could gather 310 fuel with no fuel points and no fuel caches.

as soon as i get one i will post
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 60
Russian Federation 51
South Africa 1
Germany 457
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W