Login

russian armor

Stug bugged?

1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 16 Jul 2013, 17:17 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Everything is setup correctly on both the Stug and 222 Scout Car.

I havn't read through all of the threads above, I have my morning meeting soon unfortunately. So I'll quickly post some notes which will hopefully clarify some things.

Visuals are defined with the munition type and projectile type, so if you want to change the visuals that is where you go.

Area effect impacts the weapon AOE values. Radius defines the radius of the circle, pretty self explanatory there. The distance far and near values are a bit more complex.

So lets say we have a radius of 5 and a far distance of 2.5 and a near distance of 1.25. We always set the distance values to 50% and 25% of the radius for far/near respectively, FYI.

In this case, the weapon will deal 100% damage from 0 to 1.25 range, 100-25% from 1.25 to 2.5, and 25% from 2.5 to 5.

Between 1.25 and 2.5, the damage value is linear. It lerps from 100% damage to 25% damage.

Hope this helps.

16 Jul 2013, 18:35 PM

Big thanks for the input pq, much appreciated.
So I guess everything is as intended with those weapons. :(

Regards
ace
16 Jul 2013, 21:52 PM

Great, thank you a lot for the explanation!

Edit: Oh, just remembered. Does the accuracy work in the same way? 5 until near, then linear decreasing from 5 to 0.6 at far, then constant at 0.6 until radius (0.6 and 5 being the values for most explosions).
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 17 Jul 2013, 02:37 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Accuracy lerps in the same manner. So if a weapon has 35 range it would do near accuracy at 0 range and lerp to the far accuracy at max range. So at the halfway point you would be at the mean of the two numbers.

Careful though, small arms typically have point blank enabled. In this case, near typically starts at 10 rather than 0.

Therefore,

If

Near accuracy = 1
Far accuracy = 0
Range = 35
Point blank = true

Then

0-10 = 1
10-35 = 1 to 0
35 = 0

Look up Lerping for an explanation on how it's applied. Basically just means the accuracy scales based on distance.

FYI, point blank ignores cover but not garrison.
17 Jul 2013, 11:03 AM

FYI, point blank ignores cover but not garrison.

VERY good to know, thanks!
17 Jul 2013, 11:39 AM

what happens if a weapon has point blank enabled and near/far range indicators NOT set to 10/-1 respectively? i thought i saw a weapon that had -1/-1 once (might be wrong though)... would that mean that the weapon basically does not have "point blank" range, since the linear degression starts right away?

also, you say it ignores cover but not garrison... so you mean it ignores all cover types BUT tp_garrison? or does it just ignore certain covertypes, but not others (among them tp_garrison)?
if so, can you get me that list at some point in time? :-P
17 Jul 2013, 11:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2013, 11:39 AMcr4wler
also, you say it ignores cover but not garrison... so you mean it ignores all cover types BUT tp_garrison? or does it just ignore certain covertypes, but not others (among them tp_garrison)?
if so, can you get me that list at some point in time? :-P

Oh yeah, that is a good point. Some weapons gain boni for some cover types like Water, Open and Negative. Are those boni also deactivated if you get too close?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 36
Peru 15
United Kingdom 47
unknown 5
United States 2
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W