How should repair speeds be handled?
Option Distribution Votes
42%
47%
11%
Total votes: 89
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
30 May 2016, 08:11 AM

Hello guys, I've read through some other topics and I want to discuss about two options I find the best to bring the repair speeds Ostheer and Soviets in line with the other factions.

Idea 1)
Make Ostheer/Soviets Minesweeper increase the repair speed like the OKW one does.
(In this case all factions would have access to increased repair speeds)

This would lead to a fast gameplay with much tank action because vehicles would hit the field again faster.

Idea 2)
Decrease the repair speed of all WFA factions and lower the increased amount by Minesweeper, vehicle crews etc.

This would lead to more tactical depth (IMO) because heavy damaged vehicles stay out of the field for a longer time (Just like the current Ostheer Tiger).
30 May 2016, 08:14 AM

Add faster repairs upgrade for soviet and ost engeneers.
30 May 2016, 08:35 AM

Bias pool where you can't say keep it as it is.

30 May 2016, 08:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2016, 08:35 AMEsxile

Because it doesn't make much sense to have 3 armies with excelent repair speeds and two more ones who are completely gimped there while all 5 depend on armor equally.

Possibility to have faster repairs with sweepers for sov and ost would go a long way and if not that, then even making it possible to vet them with sweepers in a reasonable time to get that vet2 bonus speed would go a long way.
30 May 2016, 08:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2016, 08:35 AMEsxile

Option added, sorry for that.
30 May 2016, 08:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2016, 08:37 AMKatitof

Because it doesn't make much sense to have 3 armies with excelent repair speeds and two more ones who are completely gimped there while all 5 depend on armor equally.

Possibility to have faster repairs with sweepers for sov and ost would go a long way and if not that, then even making it possible to vet them with sweepers in a reasonable time to get that vet2 bonus speed would go a long way.

I can't wait for 1vs1 games Tiger Ace instant repair on the field simply by equiping sweeper.
Teamgames are already broken because of OKW being able to fast repair Ostheer tanks. OKW repair speed bonus should have been nerfed the moment resource restriction was gone. Relic now decides to only make it as an upgrade is the minimum move.

- Ostheer is a faction that can field stock panther/brumbar + whatever special heavy/super heavy unit it wants and not to mention their tanks gain armor with vet.
- Soviet doesn't have stock heavy tanks and doesn't get armor with vet. Not having stock heavy is probably why you don't feel the need to have faster repair speed. Your tank have less HP pool to repair.
- USF, again, what is the heaviest HP pool to repair? 800? And you are asking why paper tanks faction has better repair speed?
- UKF: Don't have the faction, I have no idea if the repair speed bonus is ok or not. If not, adjust it, not Ostheer one.
30 May 2016, 09:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2016, 08:56 AMEsxile

- USF, again, what is the heaviest HP pool to repair? 800? And you are asking why paper tanks faction has better repair speed?
- UKF: Don't have the faction, I have no idea if the repair speed bonus is ok or not. If not, adjust it, not Ostheer one.

USF armor is about mobility and firepower, not about huge hp. Quickly repair and back to fight, thats how you supposed to survive late game without pershing.

Heavy engeneers upgrade doubles repair speed, but thats reasonable since you need to repair 1400 hp churchills (if someone still use them).
30 May 2016, 09:33 AM

Imo the following changes should be implemented.

Mine sweepers and weapon should be mutual exclusive for all faction.

Repair speeds reduced to the same levels for all factions.

Repair bonus speed as veterancy bonus removed.

Minesweepers upgrade increase repair speed, provides vet bonus repair speed if possible, provides XP for repairing.

This changes aim to reduce the utility of engineers that can fight, built and repair ending up having more utility than mainline infantry.

30 May 2016, 09:41 AM

I can't wait for 1vs1 games Tiger Ace instant repair on the field simply by equiping sweeper.
Teamgames are already broken because of OKW being able to fast repair Ostheer tanks. OKW repair speed bonus should have been nerfed the moment resource restriction was gone. Relic now decides to only make it as an upgrade is the minimum move.

- Ostheer is a faction that can field stock panther/brumbar + whatever special heavy/super heavy unit it wants and not to mention their tanks gain armor with vet.
- Soviet doesn't have stock heavy tanks and doesn't get armor with vet. Not having stock heavy is probably why you don't feel the need to have faster repair speed. Your tank have less HP pool to repair.

Where did the axis factions Touch you?
30 May 2016, 09:44 AM

That TA 1v1 meta, especially with buffed allied TDs on balance mod surely will make TA so much more dangerous :romeoMug:

Pair of pios/CEs do a fine job at vet2, thing is, getting there is extremely challenging if you don't go for flamers every time.

These two suffer the same and I'm not talking about making pios and CEs rep speeds match vet2 sweeper spios, but either improvement with sweeper or ability for sweeper to actually get to vet2 for the bonus.
Needing 3-4 squads to effectively repair what other factions do with single one isn't exactly balanced in my book.

And for USF I wouldn't change anything, they don't have heavy armor(is panther heavy tank? no? then pershing isn't either).

Think of ost, but with more expensive everything that isn't med tank and teching, they still got excellent repairs, both stock and doctrinal ones.
30 May 2016, 10:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2016, 09:44 AMKatitof

That TA 1v1 meta, especially with buffed allied TDs on balance mod surely will make TA so much more dangerous :romeoMug:

Pair of pios/CEs do a fine job at vet2, thing is, getting there is extremely challenging if you don't go for flamers every time.

These two suffer the same and I'm not talking about making pios and CEs rep speeds match vet2 sweeper spios, but either improvement with sweeper or ability for sweeper to actually get to vet2 for the bonus.
Needing 3-4 squads to effectively repair what other factions do with single one isn't exactly balanced in my book.

Buffed allied TD in 1vs1 means still having 1 or 2 TDs (dedicated tank destroyer doing jack shit vs anything else) vs a unit able to 2 shots any kind of infantry squad and tanks. 1 TD, buffed or not, isn't going to cut a TA.

I like the " getting extremly challenging idea" when you associate it with what it is for, increasing the repair speed for your heavy tanks. The same tanks getting armor bonus with vet.
30 May 2016, 11:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2016, 11:17 AMKatitof

You mean the 20+ AI dps one?

Perhaps you forgot its got potent MGs.

You're not talking about ACTUAL ZERO DPS SU-85 or Jackson or Firefly.
look at his post I know mg are good but they don't 2 shoot inf (at least 1000 shot with 3 mg)
30 May 2016, 11:38 AM

Another nice derailing of a thread that is about repair speed...
30 May 2016, 11:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2016, 11:33 AMKatitof

Had you actually read the thread, you'd knew he meant TA there, which quite often does 2 shoot squads.
didnt think ta meant tiger ace and really he complaining about a doc 1 time only crippling tank ?
30 May 2016, 12:31 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

-WFA decrease slightly repair.
-Move VET2 to VET1(SOV/WER) for more speed repair, so it is something more accessible.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 49
United Kingdom 28
United States 24

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak