Login

russian armor

Anti-blob campaign vs. Artillery efficiency

25 Apr 2016, 07:00 AM

Ok. point is simple:

For some strange reasons, 95% of community hate blobs, hate them hard. I should say, that I don't really understand that. Of course, big crowds of armed with LMG/AT infantry can cause problems for those, who fight against them, but hey - infantry blobs are same "problematc" issue, as... heavy tanks. Heavy tanks are also dangerous, tough and deal a lot of damage and problems. But people don't talk so much about "let's nerf heavy tanks". They just use efficient counter - AT guns, tanks, arms...

So, why people talk so much about "nerf blobs"? Why don't you use obvious anti-blob counters, like rocket artillery or howitzers, or off-maps? You know, there are real serious anti-blob tools.

I think, that nerfing blobs is veeeery bad idea. Explain why - blobs are one of main targets aff all artillery in game - rocket and howitzer (second is static defense). Remove blobs - artillery will become even more useless, than it is right now. Nobody will use it at all, cos... what for? For shooting at small infantry groups? Same example with heavy tanks - let's nerf heavy tanks power and will make them pretty useless - people will stop using heavy AT, because - what for? Spend resourses and popcap on coutner of ineffective already unit? Ridiculous! When we nerf blobs - we automaticly destryoing artillery efficiency in game. I'm sure, that is wrong way of making balance in CoH 2.

But I guess, another point will be, that those anti-blob tools are not effective enough for to deal with big crowds of infantry. That's true, but only on half. Allies right now equiped with top of the line rocket arillery (Calliopes, Matressess). I don't know, why Relic decided to remove Volksblobs, because they weren't dangerous anymore. See volksblob - point target for Katyusha/Calliope/Matress - free exp for you and huge losses for volksblobs!

And Axis rocket platforms are much less effective, than allies. Even after buff panzerwerfer is not that nice performing, I should say and Wuhrframmen is more effective to deal with stationary defense, not with infantry blobs. I think something should be done here. Increase AoE damage of Werfer rockets and... make Wuhrframmen rockets fall randomly, not in line, I don't know... If I remember right, random-falling rockets of same Wuhrframmen in vCoH worked pretty nice against para-rangers blobs.

Also, would be nice to see firepower (not price) improvements for howitzers. Give them small-middle AoE supression - veeery efficient thing, for to punish blobbers! And let it cause small damages to tanks from direct hits (stun crew, turret lock, short-time immobilize).

In two words - instead of nerfing blobs, let's buff anti-blobs tools! Instead of nerfing more and more units - let's improve "rock-paper-scissors" system, that will punish players for too much active usning 1 kind of units and specially - infantry spam.

If someone scared of "game will become to campy" - same artillery is both good for camping and... anti-camping. If someone builds too much howtizers/rockets - get counterbattery fire in face and suck. Or get some off-maps on your head. Whoever playes in camping mostly loosing cos sooner or later he will be stomped with enemy tank+infantry rush. "R-P-S" system at work :D

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★