Login

russian armor

To those who feel CoH2's early game needs tweaking:

25 Apr 2016, 02:39 AM

To anyone who feels that the earliest stages of the game need tweaking, I invite them to play a few matches of my mod: Strategic Territory Points.

What you have there is a mod that works in conjunction with some modified official maps. (Links to all compatible maps are in the description of the mod in the Steam Workshop.)

For those who remember the original Company of Heroes 1's Angoville, Langres, Semois, (and Rails and Metal) I've replicated the resources to match their original incarnations. Just the changes in territory placement help change the motions of units in the opening stages of the game. (Do you want munis or fuel more, etc.) Placing more choice and strategy in cap order, and increasing the values of cutoff points will do more to infuse strategy into the early (and later) game than where a select few units spawn.

This week, especially in light of Siphon X's ESL map analysis I decided to adapt some CoH2 original maps in a similar fashion. Since I didn't have an original map to replicate, I adjusted as best I could to make a more dynamic playing field.

Pop cap and such is unaffected by the mod, just resources.

I have posted the mod and updates here in this thread, but I doubt many people check that forum.

I know it's a headache to use a tuning pack AND a special map, but seriously, I think it's worth pointing out how adjustments to maps, without adjusting a single unit or faction design, can change (and hopefully improve) gameplay for the better.

Anyway, I figured this might be worth more as it's own thread than as a reply in page number X in a thread filled with rants. If you think there's room for improvement in CoH2's overall design, I really do invite you to try it out with a friend or two in custom match.

Or, if you're just simply looking for a different way to play the same maps without changes to any units or factions, give it a shot. ;)

Also, I'm more than open to adjustments to both the maps I've made to be compatible as well as tweaking things like resource amounts and capture/decapture times. (Especially where maps that didn't exist in CoH1 are concerned.)

Thanks and enjoy!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS