Login

russian armor

Buildings : infantry enter and exit time

17 Apr 2016, 19:59 PM

I'd like to propose the idea that infantry have a certain enter and exit time like hmgs in buildings. Maybe not as long as hmgs, but long enough that infantry can't dodge in and out the other side of buildings for certain sight bonuses and for holding buildings. But you say, "oh it requires good micro to dodge nades, and to prevent the enemy from going inside the house, etc." honestly I think it leads to poor gameplay mechanics and I don't think infantry should be able to get in and out as fast as they do because they lead to cheese tactics and limit strategy. What do I mean by this?

An example :

if a sturmpio squad rushes a house and takes a house near an important fuel point, then flushing out that sturmpio will take considerable effort and time to effectively get them out. Sure you can bring up and hmg and use some infantry at long range to get them out, but Then they just hop out and camp on the other side of the building. They proceed to hop in and out anytime you get closer with no penalty. nades are also useless when they can hop in and out and dodge every single nade. Some say use flamethrowers or flame nades, but these are limited to certain factions and doctrines, and this leads to narrow options and poor gameplay mechanics with stale strategy. Some say just cap around the house because they lose capping power. I still think one building holds far too much power in this game. I think it's pretty lame that I have to rush a rear echelon straight to that one important house or build a fighting position outside to keep them out with free rifle nades. They can still dodge those lamely. This would be solved by having a time penalty for entering and exiting a building. This would make mortars more effective, nades more effective, flames more effective, and make buildings a bit weaker. What do you guys think?

Edit: Also, I'm not trying to pull the realistic card, but infantry can enter and exit buildings faster than they can even move. It's silly infantry can teleport on either side of a building in a second.
17 Apr 2016, 20:04 PM
Donator 11

Your problem is the problem of tunnel vision: you see sturmpio in building and you want to flush them out, completely overlooking the fact that holding expensive and effective unit like sturmpio in a building for a long time is a death sentence for player who does it. They just have so many other important things to do like fighting and capping. In fact they are the main fighting force of okw in first minutes. They are also prone to being flanked and get wiped on retreat if they occupy building too long.

If your opponent sunk an expensive unit in a building just play around it. Take the cutoffs. Win engagements he would normally win if he had his sturms doing their job. The only situation when its good for a player to sit in building like that is if you are stubborn enough to attack it.
17 Apr 2016, 20:18 PM

Your problem is the problem of tunnel vision: you see sturmpio in building and you want to flush them out, completely overlooking the fact that holding expensive and effective unit like sturmpio in a building for a long time is a death sentence for player who does it. They just have so many other important things to do like fighting and capping. In fact they are the main fighting force of okw in first minutes. They are also prone to being flanked and get wiped on retreat if they occupy building too long.

If your opponent sunk an expensive unit in a building just play around it. Take the cutoffs. Win engagements he would normally win if he had his sturms doing their job. The only situation when its good for a player to sit in building like that is if you are stubborn enough to attack it.

Lol thats why I mentioned just cap around. But even on certain maps, if you fail to prevent an enemy from getting a key building, then you can call that side of the map goodbye for at least a few minutes. This happens all the time on maps like Road to Kharhov, Gelsenkirchen Refinery, Rails & Metal, Semoisky, and others. Just seems silly to me that you can teleport in and out at ease.
17 Apr 2016, 20:23 PM
Donator 11

Lol thats why I mentioned just cap around. But even on certain maps, if you fail to prevent an enemy from getting a key building, then you can call that side of the map goodbye for at least a few minutes. This happens all the time on maps like Road to Kharhov, Gelsenkirchen Refinery, Rails & Metal, Semoisky, and others. Just seems silly to me that you can teleport in and out at ease.

Also if you want to fight buildings you need nothing more than rifles. Buidlings have sides with very little windows where you can close up. The other thing is that green cover gives higher bonus than building cover. So if you find green cover outside of ignore-cover range, and in most cases you will, you can win against a building with just a standard infantry squad.

You can also kill entities in buildings even shooting from the side that has no windows in it, bullets will kill them through the wall and they cant shoot back.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★