Login

russian armor

Insta squad gibbing rifle grenades need to be nerfed.

16 Apr 2016, 22:14 PM

I have been playing COH2 for a little now and I think the game is decently balanced (with the exception of Brit and OKW forward emplacements). I was in the top 3 for US players and top 10 for Wehr/PE in COH1. One thing that has stood out to me which is just completely game breaking is the no timer rifle grenades that Wehrmact have. This ability has a very high chance of instantly killing a squad (either outright, or leaving the squad with no health and being killed on retreat).

Every game I come across this ability is being used and making the game not very fun to play anymore. Timed grenades are one thing which allow you to micro your units but the instant impact detonation forces a US player to lose squads and ground thus losing his early game advantage which is necessary against Wehr's superior armor.

The only suggestion I can give is either lower the damage done when in cover or increase the cost double fold so it cannot be spammed every fight.
16 Apr 2016, 22:21 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

lower the damage done when in cover or increase the cost double fold so it cannot be spammed every fight.

its already like that...dont sit in yellow cover sit in green

riflenades do jack diddly to squads in green cover
16 Apr 2016, 22:22 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you were HALF as good as you claim you were, you'd have absolutely no problems at all with dodging rifle nades.

You have voice notification, animation is not instant and neither is travel time.

If you can't dodge it, you don't have awareness and reflexes needed for some of the most basic dodges.

Hell, in case of normal nades, if you star to react to them when you see the count down, you already failed.

Hardly anyone will believe you were top 3 anything in coh1 with nuclear nades there.
16 Apr 2016, 22:39 PM

nerf insta gibbing nades too Kappa
16 Apr 2016, 22:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2016, 22:22 PMKatitof
Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you were HALF as good as you claim you were, you'd have absolutely no problems at all with dodging rifle nades.

You have voice notification, animation is not instant and neither is travel time.

If you can't dodge it, you don't have awareness and reflexes needed for some of the most basic dodges.

Hell, in case of normal nades, if you star to react to them when you see the count down, you already failed.

Hardly anyone will believe you were top 3 anything in coh1 with nuclear nades there.
16 Apr 2016, 22:43 PM

https://youtu.be/CQYArVXnY0M

Been using this video for six or seven years and it's still always relevant.
16 Apr 2016, 23:20 PM

https://youtu.be/CQYArVXnY0M

Been using this video for six or seven years and it's still always relevant.

LOL
16 Apr 2016, 23:21 PM

http://youtu.be/YBljJtDQgnk
The rifle nade for the op 0:48 for moment
Headphones user advised
16 Apr 2016, 23:29 PM

You can't dodge them, by the time you hear grenade and move your units it still takes out 3/5th of the squad. And seriously they don't take shit for damage in green cover? I have replays proving otherwise.

Yes I was a top player and there were absolutely NO abilities like this on COH1. I've dealt with the nuclear pineapple plenty of times and have had no problems with it, but the rifle nade is like the nuclear pineapple with no timer on it, if it's so balanced, what ability does US have that can insta gib squads with no timer?
16 Apr 2016, 23:31 PM

You can't dodge them, by the time you hear grenade and move your units it still takes out 3/5th of the squad. And seriously they don't take shit for damage in green cover? I have replays proving otherwise.

Yes I was a top player and there were absolutely NO abilities like this on COH1. I've dealt with the nuclear pineapple plenty of times and have had no problems with it, but the rifle nade is like the nuclear pineapple with no timer on it, if it's so balanced, what ability does US have that can insta gib squads with no timer?

The vet 3 riflemen :snfPeter:
16 Apr 2016, 23:36 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

16 Apr 2016, 23:40 PM

Honestly this is not an issue. Most of the time, you can see the grenadier kneeling to fire the grenade and react before. It's a bit harder than the other grenades because it can be thrown from a longer range and it has not timer which forces you to be more aware, but it's nothing you can't dodge. Also it deals less damage than the other grenades.

Furthermore this ability is expensive for the werh player and significantly delays his LGMs for his grenadiers, especially if he spams it. For example, if he uses it just a couple of time early game he has at least a 2 minute delay on one LMG which is very annoying.

My skill is average and I mostly play allies, so if I can deal with it you should be able to do so.
16 Apr 2016, 23:54 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Practice more. It is really obvious when they will riflenade you, pretty much whenever you are in a group be prepared to dodge it. Look for the guy kneeling and move, you have the same time as with other nades. If you are playing as USF get up and hug those grenadiers, the minimum range is a bitch on riflenades. If you are fighting at long range you know it is coming, and 30 munis is expensive for Ostheer. Every 2 nades is one less mg to deal with, a win for you.
17 Apr 2016, 00:41 AM

You can't dodge them, by the time you hear grenade and move your units it still takes out 3/5th of the squad.

Yes, you can. I'm not even close to top-tier (top 300-ish?), and dodging them is crazy easy. If you see the enemy squad, you've got the start animation (guy kneels w/ rifle on the ground), then your own squad warns you, then you have the ENTIRE travel time... It's pretty long. Yea, if you're looking at your base and it happens to your squad halfway across the map, it's a bit too late. But the same can be said for any other nade.

And seriously they don't take shit for damage in green cover? I have replays proving otherwise.

From my experience, nades and cover are insanely inconsistent. But that's just me. Stats show that cover prevents damage.

Uhhh... the amount of time on the CoH1 nuclear-pineapple from the start of the counter is less than the time you get to dodge a rifle nade. Then on top of that, it had more AOE and damage.

As for no timer... yea, you have the longest 'throw' animation combined with the slowest travel time. Adding a timer on top of that would turn rifle nade into a "remove 30muni" button.
17 Apr 2016, 01:30 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Yo I'm 1000 Sovs and I dodge rifle grenades erryday. The only time they get me is when the grenade is launched from behind a hedgerow.
17 Apr 2016, 02:10 AM

I wish the animation was a little more obvious since its not always easy to see one Gren crouching in the middle of a pitched fight, but the rifle grenade's hard stats are fine.
17 Apr 2016, 02:44 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I wish the animation was a little more obvious since its not always easy to see one Gren crouching in the middle of a pitched fight, but the rifle grenade's hard stats are fine.

Dunno, seems pretty obvious to me. Compare it to the Riflemen Riflenade where it's a guy aiming slightly higher than normal and ridiculously hard to see. .
17 Apr 2016, 03:07 AM
Benefactor 115

I honestly hate people who say this, so I'm gonna hate myself for doing this.

But honestly this is a learn to play issue, I'm honestly the scrubbiest coh 2 player and trust me it's easy to dodge them, plus you have voice notification, animation is not instant and neither is travel time so it is easy to dodge.

As cookiez said green cover make a big difference, if all models are full health and behind green cover the rifle nade won't drop a single model as well.
17 Apr 2016, 03:35 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2016, 02:44 AMTobis

Dunno, seems pretty obvious to me. Compare it to the Riflemen Riflenade where it's a guy aiming slightly higher than normal and ridiculously hard to see. .

It took me ages to realize that actually has an animation.

Though to be fair you'd be assuming your opponent is the worst player ever if they have vehicle snares in range and they aren't using them, so it isn't that important...
17 Apr 2016, 04:08 AM
Senior Editor Badge

If any grenade in the game is OP, it's the volks flame nade w/ a standard throwing animation and no timer. Thank god it has the same stats as the molotov. It was blatantly OP at its inception. It could deal with a .5 second timer to comepnsate?

Rifle nade is fine. It takes some getting used to, but that's the same with any faction and the audio cues/identifying the opposing factions' animations, but it's fine. Just takes time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★