Login

russian armor

thx coh2 for keeping RTS alive

15 Apr 2016, 05:20 AM

i would like to thank coh2 community ,relic,coh2.org for keeping RTS games alive after moba monster unleashed

hope it gets better in the future

From an old RTS fan
15 Apr 2016, 06:09 AM
15 Apr 2016, 06:22 AM
Donator 22

15 Apr 2016, 06:34 AM

wow, something positive on this forum :snfPeter: +1
15 Apr 2016, 07:04 AM

There are other nice RTS games coming out, but due to close to non existent marketing no one hears of them :foreveralone:

Gothic Armada anyone?

Its sad that RTS market shrunk to CoH2/DoW2, Total War and SC2.
15 Apr 2016, 07:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2016, 07:04 AMKatitof
There are other nice RTS games coming out, but due to close to non existent marketing no one hears of them :foreveralone:

Gothic Armada anyone?

Gothic Fleet Armada is not a complete game yet, intel shows there are at least 3 more factions coming after release.

Space Marine or Adeptus Astartes as promised

Tau Empire because the they won the poll
these 2 are free for the players who preordered it.
and one or two more from Necron or/and Tyrannids

The game is boring, full of bugs and far from balanced, I will spare you the detail because this is a COH Fourm..
But I will play it for Chaos!

BTW, thx relic. I would buy more CoH and DoW games if you release them
15 Apr 2016, 07:35 AM

I'm well aware of its state and what is coming as I own it :)

Game is hardly bugged really atm and balance is an ever going thing for RTS games, new fleets you speak off are "mini fleets", in CoH2 scale that would be full call-in commander vs new faction.

Now, CoH2 is a great game, but its mostly the community to thank for it and especially streamers, who promote it all the time and open it on new people-this is completely critical since the marketing basically starts and ends on steam free weekends and steam discounts. Relic gets the credit for content and ongoing balancing though.

15 Apr 2016, 08:04 AM

I played a ton of Sudden Strike, Blitzkrieg series, C&C Generals, MOW, World in Conflict etc and IMO this is the greatest game and franchise of all time.

p.s. - thx for Pershing.
15 Apr 2016, 08:26 AM

Total war is tbs (and pure tactic in battles), sc2 are long dead, coh2 was barely ever alive even at the days of its prime when WFA were released, all other games in even worse state than coh; so, yeah, RTS is pretty dead in my book.

Feels bad man.
15 Apr 2016, 08:34 AM

I can't thank Relic for anything else but for CoH under THQ and modding in CoH 2. The balance, bugs and optimization in the game are horrible and not to mention I've been crashing for the past month and probably lost countless war spoils which I won't get back, specifically the Advanced Emplacements Commander which I lost when I crashed on the victory screen only to not find it the next time I launched the game. Did I also mention that their customer support is also horrible, I had to contact sega for support because nobody from Relic have yet replied. To be honest after having over 160 bucks wasted on the Collectors Edition, Expansions and Commanders they won't receive another cent from me, the bastards, it's all about the money now, we're all just money bags for them and nothing more, even if we are lifetime fans and supports ever since the release of CoH in 2006 and even before that with DoW, it's sickening what they have become.
15 Apr 2016, 08:42 AM

I can't thank Relic for anything else but for CoH under THQ and modding in CoH 2. The balance, bugs and optimization in the game are horrible and not to mention I've been crashing for the past month and probably lost countless war spoils which I won't get back, specifically the Advanced Emplacements Commander which I lost when I crashed on the victory screen only to not find it the next time I launched the game. Did I also mention that their customer support is also horrible, I had to contact sega for support because nobody from Relic have yet replied. To be honest after having over 160 bucks wasted on the Collectors Edition, Expansions and Commanders they won't receive another cent from me, the bastards, it's all about the money now, we're all just money bags for them and nothing more, even if we are lifetime fans and supports ever since the release of CoH in 2006 and even before that with DoW, it's sickening what they have become.

Buiseness model and miliking people is Sega (or even THQ) fault, althought you right about performance and all other things.

Damn shame, when i first launched coh i was amazed by it, and still amazed by this day, but, after 3 years of dealing with Relic i see only wasted potential.
15 Apr 2016, 08:46 AM

As long as you enjoy the game it doesn't matter how many players are playing it. "Dead" game just another buzzword people use to voice their frustration or dislike for the game.

Optimization really needs to be looked at. At this point I'd call Company of Heroes 2 a successful RTS game.

15 Apr 2016, 08:51 AM

How its buzzword, when nobody playing RTS and nobody making RTS, which, in fact, were replaced by MOBAS?

Genre is dead, thats harsh reality, at this point i even doubt about 4th warcraft.
15 Apr 2016, 08:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2016, 08:51 AMJadame!
How its buzzword, when nobody playing RTS and nobody making RTS, which, in fact, were replaced by MOBAS?

Genre is dead, thats harsh reality, at this point i even doubt about 4th warcraft.

Aaactually, RTS are still being made.
Thing is, they have ZERO marketing.

How a game is supposed to succeed when NO ONE knows it even exists?
It doesn't matter that RTS is actually good, fun, fresh and engaging.
If it doesn't have players, it'll die.

Ashes of Singularity, Grey Goo, Gothic Armada, new Homeworld also had tons of hype, but it went dead silent week after release, I'd say Warhammer Total War, but its another Total war and these don't really lack marketing really.
15 Apr 2016, 09:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2016, 07:04 AMKatitof

Gothic Armada anyone?

Don't forget Grey Goo, it's as RTS as it can get.
15 Apr 2016, 09:18 AM

Don't forget Grey Goo, it's as RTS as it can get.

I know :foreveralone: I really like it, early game is a tad too slow, but overall, lack of players to play with and against is the biggest problem of the game :foreveralone: CoH community have no idea how big it actually is if we compared it to other RTS.
15 Apr 2016, 09:41 AM

I'm just hoping that CoH2 keeps it alive until we get CoH3, hopefully a game they are in sufficiently good financial circumstances to ship in a technically optimized state.
15 Apr 2016, 10:13 AM

Permanently Banned
As long as you enjoy the game it doesn't matter how many players are playing it. "Dead" game just another buzzword people use to voice their frustration or dislike for the game.

Optimization really needs to be looked at. At this point I'd call Company of Heroes 2 a successful RTS game.

> compliments gaem

> plays dota 2 instead

xD le ebin joke m8
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment