Login

russian armor

LeFH versus counter barrage trois pons

14 Apr 2016, 03:03 AM

From my tests it seems there is a small corner of trois pons, basically right in the far upper right corner, where counter battery cannot reach LeFH emplacements. Can anyone else confirm this? Might be useful against double brits
15 Apr 2016, 17:25 PM

From my tests it seems there is a small corner of trois pons, basically right in the far upper right corner, where counter battery cannot reach LeFH emplacements. Can anyone else confirm this? Might be useful against double brits

IIRC, all around the base perimeter on Trois Pons is out of range of counter battery. The problem is that the offmap arty on UKF emplacement commander one-shots the lefh. Lierneux (sp?) has the same problem. I played a really frustrating hour-plus game against double Brit with emplacement on that map. Finally had to build lefh on left side near base and mine everywhere around it so that they couldn't get vision.
15 Apr 2016, 21:11 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

If you forward build your headquarters buildings as close to the edge of your base as possible, and then build the LeFh right outside of the base, you can reinforce it. The UKF base arty is strong enough to kill the units manning the gun, but they will never destroy it in one barrage. They are really innacurte at that range. Reinforce and repair the gun between barrages. It will cost you a bit, but it is still great for barraging them and will make sure they keep using their base howitzers and not building anything.
15 Apr 2016, 22:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2016, 21:11 PMTobis
If you forward build your headquarters buildings as close to the edge of your base as possible, and then build the LeFh right outside of the base, you can reinforce it. The UKF base arty is strong enough to kill the units manning the gun, but they will never destroy it in one barrage. They are really innacurte at that range. Reinforce and repair the gun between barrages. It will cost you a bit, but it is still great for barraging them and will make sure they keep using their base howitzers and not building anything.

... at least until recon/scouted for LoS + Coordinated Fire anyways :brad:
15 Apr 2016, 23:20 PM

If they have a soviet ally with recon you're kinda doomed, aren't you?
18 Apr 2016, 03:38 AM

If they have a soviet ally with recon you're kinda doomed, aren't you?

This.
I've also came across Sov that kept dropping bombs on my LeFH
18 Apr 2016, 08:58 AM

If they have a soviet ally, then you should have a different plan altogether, you should be double teaming the soviet early on before the brit can lock down more of the map.
18 Apr 2016, 19:40 PM

If they have a soviet ally, then you should have a different plan altogether, you should be double teaming the soviet early on before the brit can lock down more of the map.

I see your point, it's just that I'm thinking more for ways to deal with a scenario where you fudged up the early game and let them build their sim city for this particular map.
19 Apr 2016, 15:26 PM

One thing that I quite like is using German Mechanised doctrine, get a command P4 and Scout car with spotting scope, and at least 2 paks, if not more.

Using the spotting scopes for vision, you can kite emplacements really well with the paks and deal heavy damage fast. Just be careful to micro around any mortar/bofors barrages. Have a half track handy for reinforcing and some pios, and keep repositioning. You can also have a couple mortars to keep the pressure up when you pull your paks back, dont give their repairing troops and easy time.

This doc also allows you to get a LeFH to further put the hurt on them, but its best if youve already got them on the ropes. Just relying soley on Howies isnt that great, cos they are usually too dug in by then.

Once you start demolishing emplacements, his inf might be forced into a counter attack, but thats fine if you have command tank, MGs etc.

Then simply skip T3, and get panthers out asap, as he will try to break your line with cromwells etc

Another idea Ive had but never tried, it could be gimmicky, but if you are playing with a friend who is OKW, try getting him to go Goliaths, build a couple, then use the smoke drop from above doctrine which creates a lane of smoke, to shelter the Goliaths right upto the enemy emplacement. This might be countered well by Brace, so maybe only use just after you have forced a brace by other means.

I love the smoke plane by the way, 40 muni is dirt cheap, and it can be used as a recon pass as well.. which is cheaper than any other recon pass and more utility.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight