Login

russian armor

AEC Treadbreaker Is Broken

13 Apr 2016, 17:43 PM

How can it be balanced to than an ARMORED CAR can constantly IMMOBILISE a PANTHER for 20-25 SECONDS for 30 MUNITIONS???

http://plays.tv/s/Kku3cZkJ3-6C
http://plays.tv/s/Kku39G7iMG9M
http://plays.tv/s/Kku3D97OELxy
13 Apr 2016, 17:46 PM

Got unlucky it work only if pen both and if hit it has terrible accuracy and pen
13 Apr 2016, 18:18 PM

Yeah I'd rather the stun duration wasn't as long but the ability actually fucking worked 9/10 times when you try to use it. I have no idea what the conditions are for it but just pressing the button and clicking never seems to do the job.
13 Apr 2016, 18:19 PM

It's vet 1 ability is funny, it takes ages to aim and have first shot, but second shot immobilizes heavy tank, lol. Btw target shouldn't move dyring this or you fail.
13 Apr 2016, 18:35 PM

Hahaha I opened this expecting this to be about how god-awful buggy and terrible this ability is.

+1 to Dullahan. Please make this ability actually work fairly often and nerf duration accordingly. (Or turn it into temporary engine damage or something). Brits are so terribly designed when it comes to snares... AEC, Sniper Vet 1, and Gammon Bombs, combined with PIAT accuracy and barf.

Slightly OT - I never realized that you could use Target Treads from max distance.... I always had assumed you had to be close.
13 Apr 2016, 19:00 PM

Let me guess, OP believes PaK40 TWP is perfectly fine and balanced in comparison?
Plus it needs to pen to work.
And that is really low chance vs panther frontally.

Go try lotto or something.
13 Apr 2016, 19:01 PM

I noticed that sometimes I click the damn thing and it doesn't work. It seems it's not just me. But yeah, when it works, it's very awesome
13 Apr 2016, 19:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2016, 19:00 PMKatitof
Let me guess, OP believes PaK40 TWP is perfectly fine and balanced in comparison?

If only worked like dat I would be rich for every plane fallen on my retreat position and doomsayer from shredder and golden monkey always last card
13 Apr 2016, 19:23 PM

+1 to Dullahan, this thing is pretty nasty IF it works, but 90% of the time, it doesn't. More reliable for less stun is the way to go.
13 Apr 2016, 19:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2016, 19:00 PMKatitof

TWP stun for a few seconds from cumbersome AT gun vs immobilise for 25 seconds from armored car. Great comparison there Katitof! It's not low chance if it's working 3 times in one match.
13 Apr 2016, 22:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Penetration is set to 1000 if this is the correct file http://stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=aec_tread_shot_mp

The problem is not penetrating, it's actually been able to shoot as the ability is kinda bogus. So it basically only works if the target is practically still, like in your vids.

So yep, kinda broken on both ways (UP and OP)
13 Apr 2016, 22:36 PM

It actually fires 2 shots. Both can (and often will) miss.

If only 1 shot hits, it's an 8 second immobilize.

If 2 hit it's in the 22-25 range.

It's buggy as hell and not permanent like engine damage. It's also one of 2 non doctrinal snares that UKF get and the only one that actually snares tanks.
13 Apr 2016, 23:03 PM

People always forget that this isn't a strategy game, it's a game of craps with WWII soldier. Thank the idiot game designers at Relic that think that this somehow makes for great esports.
13 Apr 2016, 23:15 PM

This kind of small things that are very very easy to fix make this game annoying and the reason i play it less and less.
14 Apr 2016, 06:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2016, 22:36 PMtenid
It actually fires 2 shots. Both can (and often will) miss.

If only 1 shot hits, it's an 8 second immobilize.

If 2 hit it's in the 22-25 range.

It's buggy as hell and not permanent like engine damage. It's also one of 2 non doctrinal snares that UKF get and the only one that actually snares tanks.

Doesn't seem to buggy, look at the evidence.
14 Apr 2016, 06:18 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Penetration is set to 1000 if this is the correct file http://stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=aec_tread_shot_mp

The problem is not penetrating, it's actually been able to shoot as the ability is kinda bogus. So it basically only works if the target is practically still, like in your vids.

So yep, kinda broken on both ways (UP and OP)

So works like the old bugged (I think it was or something, I don't really know, I was actually fine with it) Pak40 TWP?
14 Apr 2016, 06:54 AM

that was just rngesus..
14 Apr 2016, 10:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2016, 06:17 AMHitman5

Doesn't seem to buggy, look at the evidence.

You might want to read this very thread. Here's a few examples:

Yeah I'd rather the stun duration wasn't as long but the ability actually fucking worked 9/10 times when you try to use it. I have no idea what the conditions are for it but just pressing the button and clicking never seems to do the job.

Hahaha I opened this expecting this to be about how god-awful buggy and terrible this ability is.

I noticed that sometimes I click the damn thing and it doesn't work. It seems it's not just me. But yeah, when it works, it's very awesome

+1 to Dullahan, this thing is pretty nasty IF it works, but 90% of the time, it doesn't.

The problem is not penetrating, it's actually been able to shoot as the ability is kinda bogus.

You might also want to try actually using the ability in a real game.

I didn't even go into the shot timing because I'm uncertain of the exact details. I'm simply not sure if it works within the current shot cycle, triggers a reload cycle or has its own windup time. In any of those cases it's clear that the snare is far from instant and requires the AEC to remain in range throughout - a risky prospect against actual tanks at best.
14 Apr 2016, 23:12 PM

In 500 hours with the Brits I only recall using this successfully twice. Neither resulted in a kill.

The requirements seem to be that the AEC is stationary and directly facing the target. Target itself pretty much has to be stationary and it still misses rather often. If the treadbreaker shots themselves do any damage then it isn't noticeable.
15 Apr 2016, 11:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2016, 17:43 PMHitman5
How can it be balanced to than an ARMORED CAR can constantly IMMOBILISE a PANTHER for 20-25 SECONDS for 30 MUNITIONS???

I really don't like this balance policy. A unit shouldn't lose all utility when a more expensive unit arrives on the field.

That said, Tread Shot is broken in both senses of the word. ;)

In 500 hours with the Brits I only recall using this successfully twice. Neither resulted in a kill.

The requirements seem to be that the AEC is stationary and directly facing the target. Target itself pretty much has to be stationary and it still misses rather often. If the treadbreaker shots themselves do any damage then it isn't noticeable.

I have actually used Tread Shot successfully.

The issue is that the fire cone on Tread Shot is set to 5, half that of the AEC's main gun. Simply increasing the fire cone to 10 seems to make the ability function significantly better.

As for how the ability should be balanced, I suggest that the first shot temporarily slows the target when it hits and the second shot now only causes engine damage.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 43
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment