Login

russian armor

Changes to 3v3/4vs4 mechanics

21 Mar 2016, 19:12 PM

offical response: Kill it with fire lots of fire
21 Mar 2016, 19:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2016, 15:40 PMnee

Would be quite OP, but I don't see how auras affecting teammates are remotely similar. You don't exactly let allies bypass the need to spend resources or queue time to research something on their own; you bring your Command Tank elsewhere far enough and your allies don't get the aura. That's kind of the same with being near units in general.

Are you implying that there are far too many things that promote teamplay? Because the "there are plenty of them" isn't justification to remove some. A proper justification is if they are toxic, don't actually promote teamplay, or produce undesirable effects. Obviously tour case is the third, being they are OP. I just don't agree.
More importantly, the ones you list are universal elements of teamwork more than passive bonuses that aura units are meant for.

I think you should elaborate on why you think they are OP at all in a large team context.

Most units that give aura based effects has the cons of a cost opportunity attached to them. You are giving up infantry field presence, tech, firepower, at the cost of utility. This means you are vulnerable but you gain a huge advantage when you use the unit/ability accordingly.

When you are playing teamgames, that cost opportunity and vulnerability dissolves.

Examples:
-Command PIV bonus is insane. A 2.5% health increased made the 1 man snipers OP. A 25% health increase (20% damage modifier) is huge.
640HP/4Hits goes to 800HP/5hits
800HP/5H > 1000HP/7H
960HP/6H > 1200HP/8H
1040HP/7 > 1300/9
1280HP/8 > 1600/10
-Damage modifiers are really strong. 35% for SU mark vehicle, 50% for both FHQ (on top of acc and rec acc bonus) and OKW mark vehicle are really insane.
-The UKF heroic charge is both cheap and insanely good (can't remember the bonus atm).
-Killing an OKW officer doesn't retreat allied units nearby.

Besides the aura from the command PIV, i don't neccesarily think they are OP broken but they tend to be the best option in several cases limiting the opportunity of other units/commanders.
Problem is what Relic has done in the past, is simple nerf the overperforming abilities rather than making a unified behaviour across the board (see limiting some offmaps so they can't be called inside the base, but leaving others to do so).

21 Mar 2016, 20:25 PM

As far as auras are concerned, such as with the P4 command tank, is that they should not benefit from their own auras.

The command P4 with its own aura becomes much harder to kill. If it didn't get its own damage reduction, it would be that much more of a killable target, and once killed, eliminates the aura.
24 Mar 2016, 22:28 PM
Patrion 14

let's just see if relic is ready tyo admit that they need to separate 2v2- and 3v3+ to balance them both.

all the problems that plague 3v3+ are non problems in 1v1 for the most part. and that is why they are not getting fixed.
24 Mar 2016, 22:54 PM

You can't balance 4 v 4 or 3 v 3 so don't even try... It's wasted resources on their end which is very limited to begin with as you can see for Relic.It's better off for Relic and for everyone else that they just focus on 1 v 1 and then 2 v 2, no more no less...

Why is it a waste? Because the maps in conjunctions with the number of commanders brings up way too many variations for it to even be balanced. The combinations are too heavy and it's just way too complicated to even begin to think of balance. Consider the variance in each of the 4v4 maps and how the flag counts can skyrocket from a couple to a ton. Then consider the number of commander combinations in conjunction with the 5 armies.

Furthermore, do you actually think the maps in these games were built with consideration towards brits and how they would play out? City 17, Steppes, alot of these maps were built without any consideration towards brits and then they bring back COH1 maps and think that should surely work out fine with COH2 Armies. And how Emplacements would work on these maps? Fu$k no of course not.... And there you have it, it's a crap shoot so don't take it seriously because when it got developed to begin with it wasn't taken seriously.

I lol at any 4v4 tryhard because you're literally trying to build a house on quick sand.... Relic treats 4v4 and 3v3 as an after thought and so should you....
24 Mar 2016, 23:04 PM
Patrion 14

thanks for sharing. too bad you weren't here months ago. there used to be loads of people saying what you said. and back then, i replied back in length but im just too tired.

so imma say: it is not about combination and making everything have same level of power.
24 Mar 2016, 23:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2016, 23:04 PMpigsoup
thanks for sharing. too bad you weren't here months ago. there used to be loads of people saying what you said. and back then, i replied back in length but im just too tired.

so imma say: it is not about combination and making everything have same level of power.

I'll reply back to you and say go with 4 OKW and play like that for a day and watch what happens and then after you're finished go do 2 v2 with two OKWs, and then explain how that works out perfectly oh and please post your results and how it's balanced and everything is good.

Read this thread --> https://www.coh2.org/topic/50945/what-do-you-think-of-2v2-at-the-moment/page/3

I don't really want to go into the specifics about 2 v2 but I'll say this much, if 2v2s have issues (Which clearly it does) how in gods name would 4 v 4 all of a sudden be okay? or not have any issues? Now back to my original point, *Ensure 1 v 1 and 2 v 2 are in good shape* because clearly relic struggles to even make that happen... When you have a mess or a flood you don't just start cleaning right away, you consolidate and isolate and then start cleaning. That is what I proposed and that is the best way to clean up a mess.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★