Login

russian armor

Getting the same commanders

20 Mar 2016, 17:53 PM

What's the point of it? I've been playing with this game for like half a year, got a few commanders (of course my friends have almost all of the commanders and bulletins, because it was easier to get it before the war spoil cra.. system), but I keep getting the same. OKW? The only non-default commander I have is the sturmtiger one... 3 times. And now I got a russian commander I already have. Wtf?

Programing a system that won't give you duplicates seems to be freaking hard...
20 Mar 2016, 19:03 PM

welcome to the club. also after u buy a commander in store it will drop within a week
20 Mar 2016, 21:45 PM

The reason you get duplicates I suspect is because they planned on making commanders time out after a certain number of plays. To make sure you used the commanders they drop more of the ones you have. However, they never changed it, a fix is soonTM.
Uhu
21 Mar 2016, 00:22 AM

As DAZ187 says, welcome to the club. I have 8x Rifle Company. And a number of other duplicates :/ Hopefully the warspoil fix will still be implemented even after Relic's staff changes.
21 Mar 2016, 00:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2016, 19:03 PMDAZ187
welcome to the club. also after u buy a commander in store it will drop within a week
so that sh#t happened to you too :thumbsup: lelic why u du this
21 Mar 2016, 02:12 AM
Donator 11

It's not hard to programm that but it is also not profittable to do so. Why would they ensure that you get commanders you dont own? To ensure you wont buy them? Come on... The whole system is based on the fact that it drops frequently to keep your hopes up but it has really low probability of dropping something usefull. Then after some time you get tired of waiting and go to that fancy store they have. But on the other hand it really allows you to have everything with just some (ok, maybe a little more than some) patience. The rules are clear, its your way to choose.

And I'll tell you something. Be sure that the new system that is in alpha will be even worse if you count all the odds. Why? Just becouse it makes no sense for a company to develop a system that earns less money than the previous, up and running, one.
21 Mar 2016, 03:24 AM

Yup :(

2 games after I bought the rifleman company commander I got it in a drop and then to rub it in another the next day. I now have 5 and none of the others US ones.
21 Mar 2016, 03:50 AM

And I'll tell you something. Be sure that the new system that is in alpha will be even worse if you count all the odds. Why? Just becouse it makes no sense for a company to develop a system that earns less money than the previous, up and running, one.

The new system makes sense if you consider that they are winding down on CoH2 and they've already milked the user base pretty dry.
21 Mar 2016, 03:50 AM

I got a fortifications dupe a few months after I got it, or an year, not sure. But yeah to be honest now with the new war spoils system that dupe might not be that useless after all and the time played with the one I bought... It's pretty much a mandatory commander for me when I go OKW, I just don't like to be left without an MG early game.
21 Mar 2016, 05:39 AM

Or the very first game after purchase.

I will never let it go.:guyokay:
21 Mar 2016, 06:15 AM

It's not hard to programm that but it is also not profittable to do so. Why would they ensure that you get commanders you dont own? To ensure you wont buy them? Come on... The whole system is based on the fact that it drops frequently to keep your hopes up but it has really low probability of dropping something usefull. Then after some time you get tired of waiting and go to that fancy store they have. But on the other hand it really allows you to have everything with just some (ok, maybe a little more than some) patience. The rules are clear, its your way to choose.

And what about bulletins? You can't buy those, but still, you have like 6 of the same damn bulletin
21 Mar 2016, 10:46 AM

new system might take longer than we though. :guyokay: there might be another stage of testing
21 Mar 2016, 12:41 PM

got 3 total drops of commmander after 600 hours, 3x Elite armor from OKW.

hmm i wonder (:
21 Mar 2016, 17:02 PM

You get all these dupes so you can troll and have 3 of the same doctrines in the same loadout. It only truly becomes BS once you get 4+ of the same doctrines. 11 Mech Assault Doctines... :foreveralone:
21 Mar 2016, 19:26 PM
Donator 11

The new system makes sense if you consider that they are winding down on CoH2 and they've already milked the user base pretty dry.

No offence but what you say is naive. Why would they stop milking if there is so many people willing to pay? Its more about reducing farming possibility and negative approach of players than anything else. Mind that reducing negative approach or feeling about the system in community doesnt mean it will be more profitable for us. Just that it will feel more rewarding and fair. That's why they lounched the alpha.
22 Mar 2016, 01:49 AM

No offence but what you say is naive. Why would they stop milking if there is so many people willing to pay? Its more about reducing farming possibility and negative approach of players than anything else. Mind that reducing negative approach or feeling about the system in community doesnt mean it will be more profitable for us. Just that it will feel more rewarding and fair. That's why they lounched the alpha.

Because all the people who wanted to buy that stuff already bought it, and they're not getting a ton of new players. Giving players who are simply waiting for random drops a better way to earn stuff addresses huge complaints about the war spoils system and really doesn't take much wind out of their sales. (See what I did there.... :D)
22 Mar 2016, 02:11 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

(See what I did there.... :D)

You misspelled sails?

;)
22 Mar 2016, 02:19 AM

(See what I did there.... :D)

Yeah.
You were being a dick (twice) to people who dont have the same luck as you did, and are now applying salt on the wounds.
It's akin to the "garden you I got mine" mentality.
That is toxic. Cease and desist.

Back on topic, OP I feel your pain.
I've only gotten USF drop (singular) - a faction that I have played once, with over 300 hours of gameplay
24 Mar 2016, 15:27 PM

these are the only commander drops i got so far, relic is surely trolling me :hansRAGE:

24 Mar 2016, 15:28 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Mexico 23
United Kingdom 130
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %