Login

russian armor

Interview with Luvnest and ESL recap

A_E
17 Mar 2016, 20:16 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Here you go guys my big interview with Luvnest is up on Relic's blog along with a smallish recap on last weekend's tournaments.

Link to article and interview.

Let me know what you think.
17 Mar 2016, 21:59 PM

A solid interview A_E! Nicely done. Both of you are great chaps.:thumb:
17 Mar 2016, 22:00 PM

17 Mar 2016, 22:15 PM

Nice, thanks man !
18 Mar 2016, 04:40 AM
Patrion 310

Great work, both of you + NA. Let's cross fingers in hope that SEGA doesn't shoot themselves in the foot and shut down COH eSport.

A_E: What’s your current assessment of CoH2’s competitive scene, once ESL is over do you trust the hype train will continue to roll on?

Luvnest: I certainly hope it will continue. Seeing you guys cast from the ESL studios was amazing. It really depends on what SEGA and Relic have in store for the game. Maybe SEGA found interest in the game’s competitive aspect. Right now CoH2 has a small but active competitive community. If they wanted to expand then you have to make the game more accessible as well as give players the motivation to become good at their game. I started playing competitively when I saw the SNF 5 finals. That’s what draws people in my opinion.
Luvnest for COH and FPS Ambassador :)
eSport + game accessibility = win

SEGA eSport - Just Do It!
Insert COH2 ESL in the background

Make Soviet or Wehrmacht FTP. Also, COH2 eSport is a perfect opportunity for Microsoft and SEGA to help give Halo Wars 2 a good launch with more CS GO players interested in RTS+Halo on both PC and Xbox. In 1 year from now, it will be too late. It's now or never. Master Chief say, Just Do It!.
If SEGA really is serious about expanding RTS to Xbox, then they need to target the CS GO players. It's a win-win for both SEGA and Microsoft with Halo.

Just by looking at the steam profiles in-game (team players), CS GO is quite possible the nr.1 most played game outside COH2, on steam. I don't know whether that's because it's easy to transfer to COH from CS GO or the other way around, or mutual. But that something SEGA needs to investigate.
Last, don't forget that eSport viewers and players are interconnected which is why SEGA must make this game more accessible if eSport are to go anywhere. Digital copies cost nothing on steam and higher accessibility to COH2 will result in higher steam reviews as demonstrated by COH 1, 95% from 3,532 player reviews
http://store.steampowered.com/app/4560/

Look at the steam stats, FTP vs Paid Games
http://steamspy.com/

Quote from Destiny, Favorite StarCraft II Individual Streamer in 2014
1st Place: Destiny
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/18313046/and-the-winners-are-%E2%80%A6-3-18-2015
Firstly, I want to establish something that some people seem to disagree with, or at least did back in 2011: the more people you have playing a game, the more people you have watching a game as an e-sport.
Let’s take a look at four of the leading e-sports titles right now: League of Legends, Defense of the Ancients 2, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and StarCraft 2.
Number of players/accounts for each game –
LoL – 7,500,000 concurrent players, 27,000,000 daily players, 67,000,000 monthly players in January of 2014 [source]
DotA 2 – 960,000 peak concurrent players over the last 30 days, 9,800,000 monthly unique players [source, source]
CS:GO – 348,000 peak concurrent players over the last 30 days, 3,900,000 monthly unique players [source, source]
SC2 – 180,801 or 242,627 total active accounts [source] [source]
Peak concurrent viewers for the “most important” finals –
LoL, LCS Season 4 World Championship – 11,200,000 viewers concurrent [source]
DotA 2, The International 4 – “well over 2,000,000 peak concurrent viewers” [source]
CS:GO, Dreamhack Winter 2014 – 409,368 viewers [source]
SC2, WCS Grand Finals of Blizzcon – 155,435 [source]
-SNIP-
This establishes a very important, often-ignored link between the professional and casual gaming scene: more casual gamers means a healthier professional scene.
source
https://blog.destiny.gg/starcraft-2-legacy-into-the-void/

CS GO players review COH2
https://www.coh2.org/topic/43448/i-love-cs-go
Yo Relic, if in the future you want to make another competitive RTS/MOBA game then learn from Starcraft 2 / Dota 2 / CSGO / LOL : Don't release DLC that will affect the gameplay like the commanders shit.

Learn from CS:GO/ Dota 2 please: I have spend more then 1200$ on their game and guess what? Those fancy shit only affect the look, not the fucking gameplay. That's how you get the money and still make customers happy!
18 Mar 2016, 09:26 AM

Nicely done AE.
Quick question, where can i see this series (Jove vs Luvnest) where Luvnest won? I couldn't find them in your YT channel.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★