Light Vehicle Timing and cost

13 Mar 2016, 21:43 PM

Hey guys

I think vehicle cost and timing of many vehicles is a bit silly considering

+ 222s
maybe a slight damage buff and a higher fuel cost
would make it more usefull and takes fuel price more in place

+ AECs
Should come like in time with the luchs/puma !!!
but no idea how to without higher its fuel cost

14 Mar 2016, 00:29 AM

Please dont touch the 222. It's fine as it is now. Before it was a waste on paper light vehicle.
14 Mar 2016, 00:46 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Please dont touch the 222. It's fine as it is now. Before it was a waste on paper light vehicle.

It shouldn't cost 210mp and 15f although.
14 Mar 2016, 20:22 PM

They can keep their 222 the way it is, if they can make the greyhound cost the same. I want to us the greyhound and the recon commander, but right now it's useless. If they do that, then at least I can have a cheap, quick vehicle too. If they don't want to change the cost of the greyhound, then the 222 should cost 20 or 25 fuel. At 15 fuel, it makes it too easy to build one and throw away. Very little risk. In comparison to the M20, which will lose 1v1 vs a 222. Although the M20 can lay mines, and pop out the squad for bazookas, it's also a whopping 340MP.
14 Mar 2016, 20:56 PM

The greyhound is 40 fuel, and is barely better than 222.
14 Mar 2016, 21:01 PM

The greyhound is 40 fuel, and is barely better than 222.

222 was beating it effortlessly before the recent buff.

You need 2x greyhounds to even stand a chance against 222 and I wish I was exaggerating here.
14 Mar 2016, 21:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 21:01 PMKatitof

222 was beating it effortlessly before the recent buff.

You need 2x greyhounds to even stand a chance against 222 and I wish I was exaggerating here.

Really? I haven't used recon support in ages, I just figured the greyhound could take it on, cuz, you know 40 fuel. Funny how all the anti-blob units get nerfed into oblivion, and now blobbing is the most common strategy. Who would've guessed
14 Mar 2016, 21:11 PM

If you make the AEC come in at the same time the Puma does there is literally no reason you would ever buy an AEC.

The Puma will beat an AEC straight up, and that's not mentioning the AT support it will inevitably have at that stage of the game. The AT support that UKF lacks without going a specific doctrine.
15 Mar 2016, 00:45 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

AEC is good where it is.

222 is also good where it is stats wise, but needs a +10 fuel cost.
15 Mar 2016, 04:50 AM

It shouldn't cost 210mp and 15f although.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2016, 00:45 AMTobis
AEC is good where it is.
222 is also good where it is stats wise, but needs a +10 fuel cost.

Agreed it should cost more.
15 Mar 2016, 16:52 PM

222... a unit that isn't good because of micro. Instead, good because it's spammed.

And thus, CoH2 and the rest of the unit designs.
15 Mar 2016, 16:56 PM

Tbh I just think the early infantry game needs extending as the half tracks (bar the soviet AA ones and copies of it) are useless for their intended purpose. I've been trying to go double Pgren with a half track for transport but by the time you can get them out there is a counter, be it AT gun or mines or AEC - same for OKW Flaktrack, by the time its out the counter for it isn't too far behind.

Even tried it with Double flamer Pio instead and it still just doesn't hit at the right time to counter someone opening heavy set up team.
15 Mar 2016, 17:01 PM

Tbh I just think the early infantry game needs extending as the half tracks (bar the soviet AA ones and copies of it) are useless for their intended purpose. I've been trying to go double Pgren with a half track for transport but by the time you can get them out there is a counter, be it AT gun or mines or AEC - same for OKW Flaktrack, by the time its out the counter for it isn't too far behind.

Even tried it with Double flamer Pio instead and it still just doesn't hit at the right time to counter someone opening heavy set up team.

Confused about this. Are you suggesting the HT's main function is infantry transport? Its main function is to reinforce squads on the move. It comes out early enough to do so.

The OKW flak truck is currently functioning as an MG. Set it up behind your units to force suppression and then attack. It may still need a slight change to help it but not much. It even gets free smoke at vet 1.
15 Mar 2016, 17:18 PM

222 is good only if you use it with spotting scopes on bottleneck maps.
15 Mar 2016, 17:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Confused about this. Are you suggesting the HT's main function is infantry transport? Its main function is to reinforce squads on the move. It comes out early enough to do so.

The OKW flak truck is currently functioning as an MG. Set it up behind your units to force suppression and then attack. It may still need a slight change to help it but not much. It even gets free smoke at vet 1.

Honestly, I would quite like it if HTs were more useful for that, but maps' average size and the micro tax to use them as transports don't really facilitate it. Oh well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 84
Poland 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment