Login

russian armor

Balance feelings after some matches : Not fun at all.

13 Mar 2016, 19:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2016, 15:02 PMzarok47

Implying majority of coh2.org has more axis sympathy than hardcore nazi's.

Yes.

Although .org seems to have less holocaust denying levels of bias than the steam forums there also seems to be a general favoritism towards the axis faction among posters from what I have observed as a long time lurker. Whereas the steam forum seems to be a general shit storm but fairly equal in 'axis vs allies' fanboys.

But it's nothing to take to heart. Just bants m8 ;)

14 Mar 2016, 12:25 PM

OKW rebalance while vet was bugged lead to disbalance when vet was fixed.

Quick fix:
-OKW should not benefit from others faction resource caches. (keep some resources starved flavor)

So no changes in 1vs1 and a more even game in 2v2---->4vs4.
That would also lead to have more wehrmacht in 3vs3/4vs4.

+++

-Maybe some minor fix would also be in order for the elite doctrine.
-More durability to the penal battalion would be nice.
-Better suppression/less damage for all HMGs, no grenades throwing while being suppressed.
-Defensive smoke from Axis tanks would work like the one on the Sherman.

Thanks !
14 Mar 2016, 13:29 PM

OKW panther smoke? K.
14 Mar 2016, 14:13 PM

The thing, allies are actually way stronger in coordinated team games (look up the 4v4 tourney, allies did win e.v.e.r.y.s.i.n.g.l.e game ) but are weaker in random teams due lack of communcation.

And that's the root of the problem, team games are pretty much all about Player composition and if these are equal, allies comes out on top still so I cant find a reasonable way to buff them in team games

So best thing to do is Grab 3 friends and play permantly with them and Rock the ladders
Phy
14 Mar 2016, 14:21 PM

octrine.
-Better suppression/less damage for all HMGs, no grenades throwing while being suppressed.

This would be a nice start to counter blobs.

14 Mar 2016, 14:26 PM

Don't you find it strange that one side must rely on good communication in order to win and that the other side don't have too ?
I find that argument rather fallacious.

If ceteris paribus,
Then:

Give something to the Axis so they can win versus allies that have good communications

And :

Give something to allies so they can win versus Axis when they don't have good communication.

Thanks.
14 Mar 2016, 14:32 PM

No matter how hard you try you really can't balance for communication, it's a layer of the game (any game really) that exists outside of the actual mechanical balance of which faction has strengths here and weaknesses there. You can't balance for me seeing something on the minimap, (suspected ambush or enemy rallying point) and then telling my team mate of this danger which he may not have noticed.
14 Mar 2016, 14:51 PM

If you say the game is balanced, it's balanced.

Who i am to say the contrary.

But the way it's played now is not as fun as it was for me.

Thanks

Matress totaly own OKW truck play, dont forget it
14 Mar 2016, 15:11 PM

I won some random games with emplacements spam, they were boring but i wanted to try something new. Where i need comunication, again?

If anything, axis need superior communciation to counter most basic things. Like maximspam. Or hardcore sim cites. Or even, dare i say, rifleblobs of doom. They need okw players without t3 commiting to stukas, they need stug spammers, they need obers, they need jagdtigers/elefants for a lategame. All at once. In random games.

Meanwhile look at allies. Rocket arty? No prob, all 3 faction have good rocket arty options. Infantry? Well, okw blobs of doom can become problem (after surviving and outplaying rifle blobs of doom), but then there is many options to deal with them, much more than axis have, from demos to said rocket artillery to tanks (sherman smoke on blob and crush it, lol or just abuse that op croc). Panthers your problem? Spam FFs and jacksons. Jagdtigers and elefants? Well, here you need coordination, no BS. But its deep lategame, which axis should never achieve at the first place.

Idk, mb i play other game but axis far more limited in strategic options which work and need far better coordination to achieve anything. Just look at commanders, lol. Every allied commander released was op. Pershing? Op. Calliope? Op. Emplacements? Op. Matress? Op. Every single one of them, think about it.

Meanwhile where is good axis commanders? They are the stock ones, lol.
14 Mar 2016, 15:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 14:51 PMBlalord

Matress totally own OKW truck play, don't forget it

If Matress worst, i mean more powerful, then walking stukas then nerf it.

thanks for the comments !
14 Mar 2016, 15:22 PM

The win rates seem to suggest that OKW are on the rise. In every game mode, we'll just have to see if it keeps rising. I do on the other hand feel that OKW still have a lot of little bonus mechanics left from the resource starved days(vet 5 for instance), some of these should be looked at IMO.
14 Mar 2016, 16:25 PM

I haven't tested it scientifically but explosive damage / flames seems to be the counter to Vet.

This to my mind makes he who holds the best grenades king of the infantry hill. That seems to be OKW by a country mile. 5 grenades for 15 munitions? Really??? Instant exit garrison or enjoy the smell of bacon frying for the same?

I can barely understand them existing but so cheap....
14 Mar 2016, 16:40 PM

I haven't tested it scientifically but explosive damage / flames seems to be the counter to Vet.

This to my mind makes he who holds the best grenades king of the infantry hill. That seems to be OKW by a country mile. 5 grenades for 15 munitions? Really??? Instant exit garrison or enjoy the smell of bacon frying for the same?

I can barely understand them existing but so cheap....

if you get hit by these nades you either playing with 5 fps or fell asleep.

but they are waaay to cheap at 15muni
14 Mar 2016, 17:56 PM

Op, considering your comments in other threads, I honestly think you just need another MG. Unless you're Soviets, in which case you need another MG and to be aware that your faction is kinda meh right now.
14 Mar 2016, 18:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 15:11 PMJadame!
I won some random games with emplacements spam, they were boring but i wanted to try something new. Where i need comunication, again?

If anything, axis need superior communciation to counter most basic things. Like maximspam. Or hardcore sim cites. Or even, dare i say, rifleblobs of doom. They need okw players without t3 commiting to stukas, they need stug spammers, they need obers, they need jagdtigers/elefants for a lategame. All at once. In random games.

Meanwhile look at allies. Rocket arty? No prob, all 3 faction have good rocket arty options. Infantry? Well, okw blobs of doom can become problem (after surviving and outplaying rifle blobs of doom), but then there is many options to deal with them, much more than axis have, from demos to said rocket artillery to tanks (sherman smoke on blob and crush it, lol or just abuse that op croc). Panthers your problem? Spam FFs and jacksons. Jagdtigers and elefants? Well, here you need coordination, no BS. But its deep lategame, which axis should never achieve at the first place.

Idk, mb i play other game but axis far more limited in strategic options which work and need far better coordination to achieve anything. Just look at commanders, lol. Every allied commander released was op. Pershing? Op. Calliope? Op. Emplacements? Op. Matress? Op. Every single one of them, think about it.

Meanwhile where is good axis commanders? They are the stock ones, lol.

On the topic of commanders, I think that's because Allied commanders give them something they severely lacked. Pershing by itself was not OP at release, they just prevented the crew from exiting the vehicle, correct? Lack of a strong heavy, pershing. Lack of rocket artillery, calliope, mattress.

When I play German, I don't even select a commander until I need something specific for late game. Why? because I have everything I need generally. Soviets have to select specific commanders to get t34-85s, a heavy, or elite infantry compared to penals and cons. Allies are usually very dependent on commanders. So think about it.
14 Mar 2016, 18:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

On the topic of commanders, I think that's because Allied commanders give them something they severely lacked. Pershing by itself was not OP at release, they just prevented the crew from exiting the vehicle, correct? Lack of a strong heavy, pershing. Lack of rocket artillery, calliope, mattress.

When I play German, I don't even select a commander until I need something specific for late game. Why? because I have everything I need generally. Soviets have to select specific commanders to get t34-85s, a heavy, or elite infantry compared to penals and cons. Allies are usually very dependent on commanders. So think about it.

OH =/= OKW

JLI, PF, MG34, MG34/Falls, Flamer, 15muni nade volley, i can't see pings on the map so i get flares commander.
As OH, sure you can choose later a commander unless you play Prosstruppen or some strat involving an Assault Gren.
14 Mar 2016, 18:19 PM

OH =/= OKW

JLI, PF, MG34, MG34/Falls, Flamer, 15muni nade volley, i can't see pings on the map so i get flares commander.
As OH, sure you can choose later a commander unless you play Prosstruppen or some strat involving an Assault Gren.

Those units are nice to have but are they absolutely necessary to survive? the mg34 is arguable since OKW players say there is lack of suppression but other than that, they have many options. instead of flares, I could just use IR halftrack. flares aren't even counterable compared to all the scout planes everyone else has to use.
14 Mar 2016, 18:40 PM

interesting !
14 Mar 2016, 19:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Those units are nice to have but are they absolutely necessary to survive? the mg34 is arguable since OKW players say there is lack of suppression but other than that, they have many options. instead of flares, I could just use IR halftrack. flares aren't even counterable compared to all the scout planes everyone else has to use.

I was referring to commanders you want to choose early on (i'm talking about the commander which gives you Goliaths but also puts tripwire flares on every strat point.
14 Mar 2016, 19:31 PM

Balance feelings after many matches : Game really not as fun as it was, especially in 4vs4.

The last patch seem to have tip the balance in favored of the Axis (OKW). So much that the game is not as fun at it was.

The days of the OKW 5 starz terminator blobs raping anything are back...

To vet the blob, just follow it with a Panther or two and ripe the xp in no time. Retreat after a few loss then rince and repeat. Panther smoke to protect them or med supply drops...

It also force others factions to blob/spam to survive (US/UK), It's lame, dull and boring.

Game becoming a Starcraft wwII mod...And it's not fun !!!

I'm not a pro, neither a fanboy, i'm just an old wargamer wishing that his favorite game be fun.

I migrate from table wargames (Avalon hill squad leader/panzer leader) to VCOH then COHO (the best) and finally COH2. Don't make me quit the COH world !

Plz Relic, don't scrap my favorite game.

Plz tune OKW and give all factions better tools to kill blobbing sickness.

Thanks.

You really need to play more Axis. I mean really, I can't address your points until you do. All you ever do is criticize people who call for allies to be nerfed and call for nerfs to Axis.

Sometimes you've been right that an axis unit needs nerfing. Sometimes you've been right that an allied unit is too weak. But you've many times been wrong and always totally one-sided.

Play the other side of your favourite game and I think you'll see it's not a fairy tale there either.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★